Legal question regarding my ticket

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2001, 03:08 PM
on bin laden

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Legal question regarding my ticket

First read this to hear about my ticket:
http://www.acura-cl.com/cgi-bin/ulti...c&f=1&t=008442

I went in to see the hearing officer (you have to see him if you dont want to pay immediately). He typed in the number, looked at the entry for two second, and said you got a speeding ticket. I'm like the ticket doesn't give any details. He said, well I dont have anything else. Then he just stared at me. I tried to get into a conversation with me, but he just offered to knock $30 off the fine, but still go on my record. Needless to say I'm going to court. Here's the funny part. He gives me a few days to choose from at the end of september. i chose thursday, sept. 27. he wrote AUGUST 27 on the court paper that I went home with. is this a possible loophole? otherwise, advice? i think i have to see the judge on sept. 27.
Old 08-28-2001, 04:04 PM
nItIn

hey i need to talk to you about this .. i got a stupid ass ticket in mendota heights! i need some advice about how things work around here

[ 08-28-2001: Message edited by: nabster ]
Old 08-28-2001, 04:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just for info sake...

Are you saying that there is no Vehicle code violation # on the ticket????

Is this a "We don't need no stinking codes or badges thing?"
Old 08-28-2001, 07:08 PM
on bin laden

The ticket says "Driving faster than reasonable."

The beginning part of the ordinance number is speeding, but it is a subsection i cannot find. When I looked at the computer screen the hearing officer had, there was a note at the bottom that said "Speeding - Spinning the tires."

Originally posted by EricL:
<STRONG>Just for info sake...

Are you saying that there is no Vehicle code violation # on the ticket????

Is this a "We don't need no stinking codes or badges thing?" </STRONG>
Old 08-28-2001, 07:55 PM
Evil Bob Knieval

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
wouldnt spinning the tires be exhibition of speed? that is what i got arrested for
Old 08-28-2001, 08:19 PM
Professional Pimp

Well spinning tires and going nowhere is arguably not really exhibition of speed (since you are not really giong anywhere), but burning rubber doing doughnuts (mmm.. doughnuts) you can get cited for some environmental biohazardous waste thing.
Old 08-28-2001, 09:44 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by fbazakos:
<STRONG>First read this to hear about my ticket:
http://www.acura-cl.com/cgi-bin/ulti...c&f=1&t=008442

I went in to see the hearing officer (you have to see him if you dont want to pay immediately). He typed in the number, looked at the entry for two second, and said you got a speeding ticket. I'm like the ticket doesn't give any details. He said, well I dont have anything else. Then he just stared at me. I tried to get into a conversation with me, but he just offered to knock $30 off the fine, but still go on my record. Needless to say I'm going to court. Here's the funny part. He gives me a few days to choose from at the end of september. i chose thursday, sept. 27. he wrote AUGUST 27 on the court paper that I went home with. is this a possible loophole? otherwise, advice? i think i have to see the judge on sept. 27.</STRONG>
If it says Aug 27, you need to be in court like yesterday otherwise the warrants might already be printing.

OTOH, it could be a possible loophole since there is not real courtdate on record for you. At least nothing real that can be acted upon.

I guess you can go back and clear it up or you can wait it out and later this winter, try to get it dismissed for lack of action on their part. I've seen those hearing officers before, you just gotta pick the right one next time.