keyless entry

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 09:47 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
keyless entry

every now and then when I get out of the car, I shut the door and press lock on the remote, but nothing happens... even after a few times pressing it.... if i keep doing it for about a minute or so it will eventually lock, or if I go back and open the door and close it, then it works. anyone know why this does that?? thought maybe its another one of those cold weather things?
Old 01-25-2005, 10:05 PM
Instructor

Have you recently dropped the remote. My dad dropped his remote and anytime he would come near the car the alarm would go off. I thought he was messing around with me until after a few days we figured out that it was cuz he dropped the remote. So I would suggest trying it with your other remote if you have another one.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:49 PM
Instructor

no I haven't dropped it, but I'll bring the other one with me when I go out so I can see if it's just the remote or if it's something inside the car. strange
Old 01-25-2005, 11:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Happened to me before and I just replaced the battery and everything went fine after.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:29 AM
10th Gear

Yeah - Most remote problems go away with a new battery. We forget about them because they last so long. Change it regularly even if is working because it usually works better - longer distance, quicker response, etc.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:56 AM
Instructor

yea ill do that as well... i have a second remote but i dont want to use it because i want the #1 remote
Old 01-28-2005, 10:05 AM
Red/Ebony CLS 6-Spd

Originally Posted by aspar
every now and then when I get out of the car, I shut the door and press lock on the remote, but nothing happens... even after a few times pressing it.... if i keep doing it for about a minute or so it will eventually lock, or if I go back and open the door and close it, then it works. anyone know why this does that?? thought maybe its another one of those cold weather things?
Every so often my car refuses to lock with the remote. By now I know that every time that happens, I've gotten out of the car and shut the door before the seat belt completely retracted out of the way of the door frame.

When the seat belt hasn't retracted all the way, it has a tendancy to keep the car door from shutting all the way--leaving the door very slightly ajar (so slight that it isn't obvious that the door isn't shut all the way).

When the door isn't shut all the way, my car won't lock (2003 CLS 6 spd). All I have to do is open the door, pull the seat belt out of the way and re-shut the door so that it is closed properly. Voila, the car will then lock with a single press of the remote.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:37 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by resedaruss
Every so often my car refuses to lock with the remote. By now I know that every time that happens, I've gotten out of the car and shut the door before the seat belt completely retracted out of the way of the door frame.

When the seat belt hasn't retracted all the way, it has a tendancy to keep the car door from shutting all the way--leaving the door very slightly ajar (so slight that it isn't obvious that the door isn't shut all the way).

When the door isn't shut all the way, my car won't lock (2003 CLS 6 spd). All I have to do is open the door, pull the seat belt out of the way and re-shut the door so that it is closed properly. Voila, the car will then lock with a single press of the remote.
you know, I was thinking maybe the door wasnt shut completely... a few times I went back and opened and shut the door and then it would work... but this is even when I didn't use the seatbelt. Its just weird because sometimes if I keep hitting the button, or wait about 45 seconds and hit it, it will eventually lock... but after it finally locks the first time, its like the remote works fine again if I lock it again after that... regardless Im going to change the battery. if that doesnt help some I guess I'll call acura. since you mentioned the seatbelt, maybe it could just be a sensor in the door or something. Its just annoying because most times Im in a rush going to work, trying to catch a train and whatnot and I'm not walking away from the car until I know its locked.
thanks for the response.