Just got my V1

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2002 | 09:34 PM
Balla on a Budget

Just got my V1

I got my V1 today in the mail! Hopefully i am now ticket-proof!!! ahhahah lol
I just hate how this thing goes off like crazy each block when i drive near shopping centers. but i guess it is better safe than sorry
Old 08-30-2002 | 10:08 PM
Administrator Alumnus

You'll love it...

Just make sure to use judgement. No radar detector will make you not prone to tickets.
Old 08-30-2002 | 10:16 PM
'Cooter

congrats!!
Old 08-31-2002 | 12:23 PM
Race Director

What band is it going off on all the time? Is it X-band?

Here's what you need to do and you'd have to do this for other types of detectors, too. Read up on the sensitivity mode and adjust yours on the V1. I have mine in (I think it's Big L for something Logic Mode, advanced?) which dramatically cuts down on false alerts.

Second you need to determine if there are cops with X-band radar in your area. You can do this several way: live with the detector for 6 months to a year and if you never pickup an x-band confirmed cops, you can safely assume there is none. Or you can go down to the police station or call them and ask. I don't think CHP has x-band, others on this board might be able to help with this. If no x-band (and this is what I've done), you can turn off the x-band on your V1. This will dramatically eliminate false alarms on the x-band frequency.

Now your V1 will be nice and pleasant.
Old 08-31-2002 | 11:31 PM
Subie Dubie

Originally posted by kensteele
What band is it going off on all the time? Is it X-band?

Here's what you need to do and you'd have to do this for other types of detectors, too. Read up on the sensitivity mode and adjust yours on the V1. I have mine in (I think it's Big L for something Logic Mode, advanced?) which dramatically cuts down on false alerts.

Second you need to determine if there are cops with X-band radar in your area. You can do this several way: live with the detector for 6 months to a year and if you never pickup an x-band confirmed cops, you can safely assume there is none. Or you can go down to the police station or call them and ask. I don't think CHP has x-band, others on this board might be able to help with this. If no x-band (and this is what I've done), you can turn off the x-band on your V1. This will dramatically eliminate false alarms on the x-band frequency.

Now your V1 will be nice and pleasant.
Good advice. I've had mine for a year and no x band has ever been a cop and there are several every day. So i'm ready to cut x band out. All police radar that i've picked up is KA band exclusively, and no laser yet, except for that Trailblazer the other night !!
Old 09-01-2002 | 09:17 PM
"v1 saved my ass ......."

CONGRATS MAN, you wont regret it! Take a look at my sig below -- the v1 has got to be my best yet. If you need any help on programing it or whaever, let me know!

AdamR