Just Another Victim...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2001 | 10:53 PM
Instructor

Just Another Victim...

of the curb!!!! Yup, the Red Rocket is now a proud member of the Scratched Rim Club. I did it good too, big nasty scratch with yellow paint ground in to make it look worse, and no one to blame but myself, ARGH. I did it pulling out of a parking garage after paying the lady in the booth.

Is this topic 2001?

------------------
The Red Rocket

bone-stock, and now she's Dented and Miserable!
Old 03-03-2001 | 11:09 PM
w.t.f., mate?

*sigh* Welcome to the Scratched Rim(s) Club...

Sorry about your rims...how big is the scratch? And is it only on one rim? Bleh...oh well at least you have an excuse to get new rims now...

------------------
~Phil~!
2K1 satin silver CL-S since 6/13/00 named Laetitia! ~#10,029!!~ ~Navi!~ ~XEPHYR PERFORMANCE CAI~ ~Quantum tint~ ~Hiper Hibrid Plasma Xenon road lamps AND high-beams~ ~spoiler, baby!!~ ~Uniden LRD 6599SWS Radar Detector~ ~Shine by Meguiar's Gold Wax~ ~Member of the Scratched Rims Club~ ~Getting a red Acura badge shortly.~
Former post count : Over 500!! FREAK!
Old 03-03-2001 | 11:28 PM
Rx Master

im there too, a victum of the toll booth and the atm at the bank. g-d why do they make it soo hard to keep yur car in perfect condtion.
wg

------------------
The SILVER STREAKER CL-S no navi, spoiler, tint all around, moonroof visor,
indaglo emblom, ACURA.CL.com stickers, eurolights fog lights, bel 950 radar detector, and 2 chamber flowmaster exaust
hyperwhie highbeams and corner lights, and eyeball fogs. 620+ posts makes me still a freak on the old Cl page.
my cl-s http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...725&a=11443786
Old 03-03-2001 | 11:35 PM
STi

Damnnn, me to last week while pulling out at Drive thru bank scratch the rims at the passenger side at least 1" long on each wheel. Though the driver side is still untouched knock on wood

------------------

1990Si
2001CL-S
Old 03-04-2001 | 01:38 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

I beat you all, woah!! I have all 4 rims scrateced, from barely visible to 1/4" deep big nasty one. 2 were by the auto wash when the car was 1 week old The big one I got it when I was avoiding an incomming fast POS on yield sign and I hit he curb, The last was by hiting a snow bank, turn to be something more than snow, a solid object never sure what it was.

I convienced myself that best to keep those set of rims/tire to the winter season, Get a nice new UHP tires for summer

------------------
Black, Ebony, 3.2 CL Type-S.
- Acura NAV.
- 3M clear bra (full front bumper, and side mirros)
- Wheels locks.
- Mooonroof visor
- Splash guards,
- Winter mats,
- Trunk liner,
- Acura Spoiler.
- Valentine V1 Radar Locator.
- PIAA 19169 road lamps.
Old 03-04-2001 | 01:22 PM
Instructor

Hey, are you guys playing bumper cars or what?
I hit a curb to, but it was low enough to only rub my tire! Lucky me!

------------------
2001 CL-P Emerald/Parchment
Old 03-04-2001 | 01:45 PM
Race Director

Two out of four of my rims are scratched. This is the worst one:

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor * V1 *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *

* 500 posts on h/a.net *** 400 posts "insane poster" on the "old" acura-cl.com *
Old 03-04-2001 | 01:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Welcome, I know you'd join sooner or later :P I only have 2 scratched rims and after that I NEVER go to the "touchless" carwashes.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Cargo Net/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers, Comptech Sways, Eurolite Xenon Crystal high beams.
AEM CAI once they decide to make the dame thing.
235/40/17's or 225/45/17's once I found out which one works for me.

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load. preheader.
Old 03-04-2001 | 02:47 PM
Acura_CL

Me too... But a bitch in a Nissan 200sx opened her door into me while I was driving past... The new photopoint layout is disturbing.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?...nce=0&res=high

------------------
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...698&a=11616550
Red 3.2 CL-S.
"Life is too short not to be Italian." -Paul Sorvino
Old 03-04-2001 | 03:19 PM
Instructor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kensteele:
Two out of four of my rims are scratched. This is the worst one:

</font>
Come on man, you gotta warn us before posting a picture like that ....you gonna give someone a heart attack!!!!

------------------
Sundance,Navi,
TAG ACURA S,
Spoiler, mflaps, wheel well trim, dark dark tint, nose mask, lead foot
Old 03-04-2001 | 03:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mattldm:
Hey, are you guys playing bumper cars or what?
I hit a curb to, but it was low enough to only rub my tire! Lucky me!

</font>
That's cause you got a CL-P. CL-Ps got higher tire walls...205/60-16 vs. 215/50-17

------------------
Alex
Old 03-04-2001 | 03:50 PM
Instructor

Here's mine:

This is one club we could all do without

------------------
The Red Rocket

bone-stock, and now she's Dented and Miserable!
Old 03-04-2001 | 05:36 PM
Ult
Instructor

yep, being a member is a bitch. It originally bothered the hell out of me day and night. Then, you begin to accept it and things turn out just fine.....

...except for that damn scratch on my rims!!!

------------------
-Ult
Old 03-04-2001 | 07:14 PM
8th Gear

When are we going to call a spade a spade here? This is horrid engineering by Acura -- NO WAY should a car have its high-dollar rims boned because you go through a car wash, or you get a little too close to the curb when passing through an ATM. NO WAY.

What a horribly stupid design decision. My rims, so far, are OK, but Jesus Christ, let's start barking at Acura for their staggeringly obvious oversight.

What a joke.
Old 03-04-2001 | 07:33 PM
Race Director

I am out of town all last week in March in sunny Las Vegas. I am going to take my wheel off and deliver it to the shop for repair (since I cannot find a reasonably price replacement). They say they need a few days with it and I don't have a few days w/o a rim unless I am out of town.

I will post pictures of the repair and price for those who are considering the "repair" rather than "replacement" option.

Spring/Summer is right around the corner and a horrible rim detracts from such a nice ride.

------------------
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *

* 500 posts on h/a.net *** 400 posts "insane poster" on the "old" acura-cl.com *
Old 03-04-2001 | 07:54 PM
I am Jack's need 4 SPEED!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kensteele:
I am out of town all last week in March in sunny Las Vegas. I am going to take my wheel off and deliver it to the shop for repair (since I cannot find a reasonably price replacement). They say they need a few days with it and I don't have a few days w/o a rim unless I am out of town.

I will post pictures of the repair and price for those who are considering the "repair" rather than "replacement" option.

Spring/Summer is right around the corner and a horrible rim detracts from such a nice ride.

</font>
any idea yet what the repair would cost???
unfortunately i'm a member of the club, too. at least i was lucky enuff to scrape the pass side wheel so i don't have to be reminded every day. you've got my sympathy bro!!
Old 03-04-2001 | 10:03 PM
w.t.f., mate?

Kensteele, your rims look chillingly familiar...the scratch looks almost identical to my front-right rim.

Geoff, I see you made your way over to this forum finally...OT over @ Is300.net got too boring, eh? Did you happen to work those guys at Q3A yet?

------------------
~Phil~!
2K1 satin silver CL-S since 6/13/00 named Laetitia! ~#10,029!!~ ~Navi!~ ~XEPHYR PERFORMANCE CAI~ ~Quantum tint~ ~Hiper Hibrid Plasma Xenon road lamps AND high-beams~ ~spoiler, baby!!~ ~Uniden LRD 6599SWS Radar Detector~ ~Shine by Meguiar's Gold Wax~ ~Member of the Scratched Rims Club~ ~Getting a red Acura badge shortly.~
Former post count : Over 500!! FREAK!
Old 03-04-2001 | 10:47 PM
Race Director

[quote]<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by silverESS:
[b]
Originally posted by kensteele:

</font>
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
any idea yet what the repair would cost???
unfortunately i'm a member of the club, too. at least i was lucky enuff to scrape the pass side wheel so i don't have to be reminded every day. you've got my sympathy bro!!
</font>
When I checked last Fall, they quoted $100-$125 and 72 hour turnaround. This was at one of the local wheel shops. They said that after repair, it would like "like new". I decided to wait out the winter and with the big storm in the East this week, it's starting to look like Spring in the Midwest.

------------------
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *

[This message has been edited by kensteele (edited 03-04-2001).]