jens:

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2001, 04:32 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
jens:

when i shut off my car my engine tics a bit. It's a fast repetitive tic. I know most cars do this after time while the metal and all is settling. But this isn't that same tic. My car has the settling tic and then this other tic on top of it. Any ideas? And also. Do you know if i can adjust the timing on my 99 3.0? Cause i heard that the electronic distrubuter wasn't put on till 00.
Old 03-06-2001, 06:48 PM
retired

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unfortuanately your car is not her for me to listen to so making any sort of diagnostic on your engine noise would at best be a guess.When it happens I suggest you go under the hood and listen for it and see if it is an actual component making the noise.If it is then further investigation is involved as to why the clicking is there.I suspect the noise you are hearing is probably normal for a hot engine shortly after shutdown.It is most likely various bits and pieces especially the exhaust system cooling and as a result making this noise.I spent the last few days home with our wonderful winter weather so I will get you the exact information you will need to change your timing from work as soon as I get back.Jens

------------------
1992 mazda Miata lowered with Eibach springs KYB AGX adjustable struts Sparco racing buckets 4 point safety harnesses Momo steering wheel lo profile headlite system with PIAA superwhite bulbs Custom audio system Custom gauges Jackson racing supercharger with header and Greddy cat back exhaust and a ton of other stuff 2000 Honda Civic on APEX coilovers Full Alpine Audio system factory fogs with Piaa bulbs Catz ZETA headlamp system tinted custom taillites and on and on
Old 03-09-2001, 09:57 PM
retired

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ok sorry that took a bit of time but the short answer is sorry it is fixed and is unadjustable.The service manual states that base timing is set at 10 deg.btdc if it does not come up to that then the ecm or pcm must be replaced.Sorry wish it was different.Jens

------------------
1992 mazda Miata lowered with Eibach springs KYB AGX adjustable struts Sparco racing buckets 4 point safety harnesses Momo steering wheel lo profile headlite system with PIAA superwhite bulbs Custom audio system Custom gauges Jackson racing supercharger with header and Greddy cat back exhaust and a ton of other stuff 2000 Honda Civic on APEX coilovers Full Alpine Audio system factory fogs with Piaa bulbs Catz ZETA headlamp system tinted custom taillites and on and on
Old 03-10-2001, 12:04 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jens Heydel:
Ok sorry that took a bit of time but the short answer is sorry it is fixed and is unadjustable.The service manual states that base timing is set at 10 deg.btdc if it does not come up to that then the ecm or pcm must be replaced.Sorry wish it was different.Jens

</font>

aak thanks though jens