Jackson Racing SC..

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 02:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just an FYI about Jackson.....they've been around a long time. They have a lot of respect from the import community. But on the SC for the miata....they have been known to leave things out that they didnt thing were necessary...minor things, but its those little things that CT tends to offer....I'm not saying one is better than the other...I'm just giving a heads up. Same unit.....the costs have to be cut somewhere.
Old 11-08-2002, 02:44 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Lets see what Kinda of Response

This Gets !

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jimcol711
[B]well, for the hell of it, i just sent an email to that email address, lets see if they respond to it. the text of the email is as follows:
Old 11-10-2002, 05:18 AM
Banned

Austin talked to Jim of Jackson Racing at the show and posted about it on Acura world...along with pics. He says Jim said it'd be priced at $3k not 3.5....I'm going to ask him more about it on AIM.
Old 11-10-2002, 08:36 AM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know where Nashua gets off shitting on Comptech and acting like their proprietary placement of their S/C somehow equates to poor quality. I can bet you the components Comptech uses are top-notch.

I swear, Comptech musta eaten Nashua's first-born child or something because he always pounces on any opportunity to crap on them.

I think it's fitting that JR isn't making a kit for our car - we should be used to that by now. Comptech's about the only company serious about performance mods for the CL.
Old 11-10-2002, 10:40 AM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
some of you really need to stop hating on Comptech.

the fact is COMPTECH ARE THE INNOVATORS. They are the FIRST with everything for our cars... and ALL of it is rock solid.

Give them a fucking break.

If they were a chop shop maybe they could afford to sell things for bottom dollar. But their not.

Not only that... but their parts do not give you warrantee issues at the dealer level. NOBODY ELSE CAN OFFER YOU THAT.

With something like a supercharger... I'm sure when you bust your tranny or something else goes wrong that may or may not be related... you would be pissed if you didnt have the Comptech product.

Anyway... trust me... I wish Comptech would lower their prices a tad... I really do. But I don't blame them for not... and I understand why their prices are where they are.

Think logically people.

Anyway... I'm getting extremely sick of this nonsense. Comptech is a top quality tuner and nearly the only one showing love SPECIFICALLY for our car. Not only that but they are more then willing to participate in our forum and work from feedback we provide. Give them some credit.

On a side note... kudos to JR for what appears to be a nice product and I salute them for investing the time in R&D for AV6, possibly CL/TL part.

We should do nothing but THANK everyone who is willing to invest their money in a low volume product for us.
Old 11-10-2002, 11:26 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Clarifaction:
Facts about comptechs that I do not doubt at all:
1) Top Notch Quality Product.
2) Pricey.
3) Some Dealers can refuse to install any Aftermarket parts including Comptech, Some will install Comptech and still honor Honda's warranty, others may install Ccomptech/others and leave you in the cold if something goes wrong... So your mileage varies... IT IS NOT FACT that comptech parts can NOT void your honda's warranty
4) Top Quality and Pricey, leaves the value to your dollars ratio low.. this is why dozens hold off buying the $1295 Comptech headers and waited for the competition...It was not justifiable.
5) Comptech has early monopoly on the Honda/Acura aftermarket.

And finally, me... I am no hating Comptech... I do have their Sways and I love it...it was a great buy and value... $300..
I do real like the quality of their product and their engineering standards..

However, When I look at Competing products and see that you are having a $3K SC that is almost same as Comptech's for $2K less and it has better design merits... I can critic Comptech, no?

I should tone my voice somehow and be more subjective with less emotions... As Bruce Lee said: "we need emotional content..."

Old 11-10-2002, 01:27 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Nashua_Night_Hawk
Clarifaction:
Facts about comptechs that I do not doubt at all:
1) Top Notch Quality Product.
2) Pricey.
3) Some Dealers can refuse to install any Aftermarket parts including Comptech, Some will install Comptech and still honor Honda's warranty, others may install Ccomptech/others and leave you in the cold if something goes wrong... So your mileage varies... IT IS NOT FACT that comptech parts can NOT void your honda's warranty
4) Top Quality and Pricey, leaves the value to your dollars ratio low.. this is why dozens hold off buying the $1295 Comptech headers and waited for the competition...It was not justifiable.
5) Comptech has early monopoly on the Honda/Acura aftermarket.

And finally, me... I am no hating Comptech... I do have their Sways and I love it...it was a great buy and value... $300..
I do real like the quality of their product and their engineering standards..

However, When I look at Competing products and see that you are having a $3K SC that is almost same as Comptech's for $2K less and it has better design merits... I can critic Comptech, no?

I should tone my voice somehow and be more subjective with less emotions... As Bruce Lee said: "we need emotional content..."

Since your comparing the JR SC to the CT SC and you don't know the specs on the JR SC. You sound very naive to me. And just ready to attack CT.

Your obviously in bed with OBX, just get over it man. (may it be mentally or a reality)

CT headers are $999 shipped B.T.W. not $1300. However it does try and make your point seem better when you overinflate the prices

Pull your head out of your butt. CT has done a lot for Honda. OBX followed suit with a cheap product. And are certainly not what I would call a market leader.

So do you buy a imitation TAG watch? Or buy the real thing?

DEFITION:

MONOPOLY

Exclusive control by one group of the means of producing or selling a commodity or service: “Monopoly frequently... arises from government support or from collusive agreements among individuals” (Milton Friedman).

Comptech had no competiton, they were NOT a monopoly

sheesh
Old 11-10-2002, 03:28 PM
Suzuka Master

As I mentioned in a different thread:

From what I recall, all of the the JR SCs use the Eaton M45 unit. They might be using the same blower on the Accord. This blower is only designed for use on up to a 3.0L engine. Even then it is pushing it.

There is no way that the M45 could be used on our larger and higher reving engine. So any comparison would be moot as the Comptech system uses a Gen IV M62 blower.

This might be the reason for JR not to be looking at the J32A2 engine...
Old 11-10-2002, 03:44 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by SiGGy

DEFITION:

MONOPOLY

Exclusive control by one group of the means of producing or selling a commodity or service: “Monopoly frequently... arises from government support or from collusive agreements among individuals” (Milton Friedman).

sheesh
Wrong!! Wrong !! Wrong!!
Your definition of a monopoly is incomplete and are referring to
monopolization!!

It is important for everybody to understand that there is a possibility for a company to become a monopolist without conducting unfair trade practices. This is what we call a natural monopoly.

Old 11-10-2002, 03:51 PM
got kUsToM?

poll:
http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=85659
Old 11-10-2002, 05:04 PM
Full-Time IDIoT---DoH!!!

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by soopa
some of you really need to stop hating on Comptech.

the fact is COMPTECH ARE THE INNOVATORS. They are the FIRST with everything for our cars... and ALL of it is rock solid.

Give them a fucking break.

If they were a chop shop maybe they could afford to sell things for bottom dollar. But their not.

Not only that... but their parts do not give you warrantee issues at the dealer level. NOBODY ELSE CAN OFFER YOU THAT.

With something like a supercharger... I'm sure when you bust your tranny or something else goes wrong that may or may not be related... you would be pissed if you didnt have the Comptech product.

Anyway... trust me... I wish Comptech would lower their prices a tad... I really do. But I don't blame them for not... and I understand why their prices are where they are.

Think logically people.

Anyway... I'm getting extremely sick of this nonsense. Comptech is a top quality tuner and nearly the only one showing love SPECIFICALLY for our car. Not only that but they are more then willing to participate in our forum and work from feedback we provide. Give them some credit.

On a side note... kudos to JR for what appears to be a nice product and I salute them for investing the time in R&D for AV6, possibly CL/TL part.

We should do nothing but THANK everyone who is willing to invest their money in a low volume product for us.

I couldn't have said it any better...plus i look 4ward 2 purchasing comptech products, they are sort of like american Mugen and peeps who are really know their shit in the import scene usually highly respect comptech as well

Jr is good too, but we will see what happens w/this, rmbr HKS invested alot of money 4 a v6 turbo and even had a running prototype but that got shelved ....
Old 11-10-2002, 05:46 PM
Subie Dubie

Since your comparing the JR SC to the CT SC and you don't know the specs on the JR SC. You sound very naive to me. And just ready to attack CT.

Your obviously in bed with OBX, just get over it man. (may it be mentally or a reality)

CT headers are $999 shipped B.T.W. not $1300. However it does try and make your point seem better when you overinflate the prices

Pull your head out of your butt. CT has done a lot for Honda. OBX followed suit with a cheap product. And are certainly not what I would call a market leader.

So do you buy a imitation TAG watch? Or buy the real thing?

DEFITION:

MONOPOLY

sheesh
and thanks for your comments also Soopa. Comptech is the only company who gave us headers for over 2 years !! No one else gave a crap, now we have OBX and a guy like Nashua can't stop knocking Comptech on their pricing. Hell, it took 2 years for OBX to create a cheap knockoff, big deal. Now Comptech is giving us a SC and Nashua is already comparing it to Jackson which isn't even making one for us !! Get a grip Nashua.
Old 11-10-2002, 06:35 PM
Drifting

why does always turn ito a OBX vs comptech bashing...this is like 5th grade...
Old 11-10-2002, 11:37 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by hotelniko14
Wrong!! Wrong !! Wrong!!
Your definition of a monopoly is incomplete and are referring to
monopolization!!

It is important for everybody to understand that there is a possibility for a company to become a monopolist without conducting unfair trade practices. This is what we call a natural monopoly.

True, however there are a few other choices others could have taken . However they are even more $$.

Old 11-11-2002, 02:25 AM
Banned

Okay I'm really confused...why are some people at JR saying there's no CL/TL application when Austin said that JR said at SEMA there was...???
Old 11-11-2002, 05:27 AM
Old timer

Maybe they meant 3.0CL?

Yeah, exactly!
Old 11-11-2002, 05:36 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

to each has his own... I guess Zapta and Jrock and SiGGY would buy the $3980 CT SC and I would buy the JR SC...
Old 11-11-2002, 07:51 AM
Intermediate

All I have to say is... Don't worry.
They'd be throwing money away to NOT build the supercharger for the CL-S.
I hope they do because I plan to throw a CL-S engine and tranny into my Accord and I want to throw a JR blower into the mix as well.

"If you build it, they will come."
"If they come, you will build it."

Flood 'em boys. Find out who the head of marketing is and post his tel# on the board. :-)
Old 11-11-2002, 08:40 AM
Suzuka Master

Geez, all of this negativity...

More than likely we won't see a JR SC because it won't work on our cars. The Accord engine is 0.2 liters less and doesn't spin as high. If, and it looks that way, the JR SC is a 45 CI unit; would need to be spun too high.

To use the M45 on our engine, to generate 5.5 lbs boost it would be turning 20,844 RPM at 7k revs on the engine. This is way outside of the spec'd range of a maximum speed of 14,000 RPM on the blower.

In fact I doubt that it will generate much boost on the Accord if the M45 is being used. Even with a modest 4 PSI boost the blower would be spinning 16,900 RPM at redline.

I just hope that they are using at least the M62 but it doesn't look that way.
Old 11-11-2002, 10:33 AM
Smack My B*tch Up

too bad I dont get a any kind of discount for working for Eaton and done work on SCs . Also the acutal SC dont cost much, I dont understand why the kits cost an arm and a leg