It's depressing buying a new car :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 03:43 PM
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Crazy Sellout
ok warranty is great...but its a hassle if you have to take you car to the dealer for the same problems.

Now how acura has the extended warranty.. and say you tranny kept dying every other month... you wouldnt be upset with your car since its under warranty? I mean it only goes soo far.

Agreed, but as far as I can see BMW have been very solid used. I have very close experience with three different used BMWs (2 528s and 740) bought at auctions and through dealers. They felt and drove much better than my brand new Acura. No problems, no hassles.
Every car will have it's problems, but I find BMWs to be very solid. Dont forget all these cars were bought with over 50k on them and felt better than my almost new Acura. Now, thats quality.
Old 11-20-2002, 03:43 PM
Banned

Originally posted by eclipse23
i dont mean to flame but this thread is ridiculous.....i WISH i had this guys problems....oh poor me i cant deside which luxury car to buy...its a tough choice between an M3 and a luxury SUV, what is a guy to do....i cant deside if i want to speed 600 or 700 a month on insurance even thought for anyone with half a brain, that is a significant portion of a mortgage payment....christ....alot of people dont pay 700 bucks for insurance IN A YEAR!!!!

Actually asshole, if you read the thread with some comprehension you would see that I did not opt for that high payment of insurance. I live in NJ not some old forgotten city like Milwaukee so I pay high insurance.

anyone who pays that amount for insurance has some serious problems and should probably reconsider their priorities....

Yeah, lemme move out the the sticks and buy a scooter, I have some points, 7 to be exact and I admit they are mine and I am paying for them.

no one in their right mind would even ENTERTAIN the idea of paying that...a thread like this is just as bad as some spoiled little bitch kid asking which car his parents should buy, the ferrari or the 150k mercedes....what problems you people have...

I don't think so kid. I guess everyone in the Bay Area or out on Long Island in the same boat as me as far as high payments go. Where I live in the NYC metropolitan area we get paid more but out cost of living is also higher.

has it ever occured to you that millions of people in this country are just trying to scrape up 500 bucks to buy a POS car so they can get their kids to school and get to work???

When I was 15 I was helping my mother put food on the table when my father was laid off from his job. My first vehicle was bought with a loan from a bank in my name. You obviously don't know me at all or haven't been here long enough to make these statements about me.

must be nice to be able to brag about being so rich and starting a business and blah blah blah...

Bragging? What do I have to brag about? Nothing. Rich? That's funny last time I checked I was still making my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to take to work. I'm a self starter you ignorant little fuck. My parents were blue collar, I'm one of the first in my family to finish college and do something more than walk to a plant every day of my life. I will be rich one day and hopefully well off to enjoy the spoils of my hard work. While your fucking your busted ass g/f on the weekend and wasting your time playing GTA3 and jerking off I'm out making money towards my future working close to 80 hours a week to make my dreams come true. Don't bring your soapbox bullshit my way son your barking up the wrong tree.

this thread is sad

No, sorry Jim, your sad, because you are a hater. Who the fuck are you anyways? Please, your a spring chicken around here with a big mouth spouting some bullshit like the next ignorant newbie. How about shutting the fuck up and taking the back seat for a while and get to learn some of us before making an ass out of yourself.
[

youve now officially become a fucking complete idiot....if you are packing your fucking lunches, you CANT AFFORD a luxury car douchebag.....i didnt start the personal attacks, you did, so fuck off and go make youself a lunch....you are trying to be a fucking baller so hard but if you really were, you wouldnt bat an eyelash at 5-10 bucks a day for lunch, but obviously the only way you afford your insane insurance is by penny pinching the rest of your life. and again, another high and mighty fuck who thinks they are hot shit because they live on the east coast....dude, you started the personal attacks so reap what you sow. first off, i lived in NY for 3 years and got my career started in NYC so fuck off with your high and mighty bullshit, i know what its like to live there and work there and i know how much money is to be made, etc. another thing i know is that you live in fucking jersey...the fucking stinky ass armpit of america....i got sick to my stomach driving thrgouh the meadowlands all the time, how anyone would want to live there is beyond me...again, if youre some big baller, move to manhattan...get over your east coast attitude, its fucking pointless and i see right through it...you wanna hate on a place like milwaukee, go ahead, but thats fine, i was barely scraping by out in NY and now im making LESS money here but i live in a fucking luxury high rise apartment overlooking lake michigan so obviously, life is alot better out here. not to mention everything is much more accesible, no pretentious fucks like you, not many off limits clubs and bars, no bullshit taxes, etc....i lived in NY and i CHOSE to come back and now i enjoy a much higher quality of life so dont try and hate on a city you know nothing about. i wouldnt even say shit like this if you didnt come down so fucking nasty and harsh on me so fuck you asshole, you can fucking lick a dick and shove your M3 that you cant afford right up your ass
Old 11-20-2002, 03:44 PM
on a 10 mile ride

well said Z well said
Old 11-20-2002, 03:45 PM
Do it! U Only Live Once!

Originally posted by 9mileskid
problem solved

you could drive this
Oh-My-God...I'd drive that any day!!
Old 11-20-2002, 03:51 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by jimcol711
youve now officially become a fucking complete idiot....if you are packing your fucking lunches, you CANT AFFORD a luxury car douchebag.....i didnt start the personal attacks, you did, so fuck off and go make youself a lunch....you are trying to be a fucking baller so hard but if you really were, you wouldnt bat an eyelash at 5-10 bucks a day for lunch, but obviously the only way you afford your insane insurance is by penny pinching the rest of your life. and again, another high and mighty fuck who thinks they are hot shit because they live on the east coast....dude, you started the personal attacks so reap what you sow. first off, i lived in NY for 3 years and got my career started in NYC so fuck off with your high and mighty bullshit, i know what its like to live there and work there and i know how much money is to be made, etc. another thing i know is that you live in fucking jersey...the fucking stinky ass armpit of america....i got sick to my stomach driving thrgouh the meadowlands all the time, how anyone would want to live there is beyond me...again, if youre some big baller, move to manhattan...get over your east coast attitude, its fucking pointless and i see right through it...you wanna hate on a place like milwaukee, go ahead, but thats fine, i was barely scraping by out in NY and now im making LESS money here but i live in a fucking luxury high rise apartment overlooking lake michigan so obviously, life is alot better out here. not to mention everything is much more accesible, no pretentious fucks like you, not many off limits clubs and bars, no bullshit taxes, etc....i lived in NY and i CHOSE to come back and now i enjoy a much higher quality of life so dont try and hate on a city you know nothing about. i wouldnt even say shit like this if you didnt come down so fucking nasty and harsh on me so fuck you asshole, you can fucking lick a dick and shove your M3 that you cant afford right up your ass

Dude, you could not handle the heat and you got the fuck out of the kitchen, i.e NYC. Just cause you weren't shit in NYC, dont need to hate on everyone there. Jersey comments are worthless because it's the mostly densely populated state in the country, and I am sure NYC is a close second to that. Turns out a whole lotta people wanna live here. So dont freeze your azz over in Milawakee cow-tipping for entertainment.

And you didnt get anything of what Eclipse was saying to you. Re-read and comprehend.
Old 11-20-2002, 03:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
jimcol711

SHUT THE FUCK UP, no one will take your side, we all know and LIKE eclipse23, and for you... im just getting sick of hearing YOU! Just stop, you already ruined this thread that has good info in it.

BigPimp,

You know what, i do agree with you... the 540 i test drove was SOILD and it had 55k miles on it... felt new. So I take that back about BMWs.
Old 11-20-2002, 03:55 PM
trying to get a lil V-I

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bubba Sparks
It's gon' get ugly in here
All in here, all in here
Old 11-20-2002, 03:56 PM
on a 10 mile ride

i dont mean to flame .....i WISH i had this guys problems.......has it ever occured to you that millions of people in this country are just trying to scrape up 500 bucks to buy a POS car so they can get their kids to school and get to work???
so how much were your mods? I for one can't afford to modify mine so I make do with the stock goodies. :sqntfawk:

and what's with the rant?

how many milwaukee assholes does it take to mess up a thread?
Old 11-20-2002, 03:59 PM

Ya'll are a riot...

Used 540 would kick some arse, they are still sweet 6 years old! Why not get an 03 manual CL-S? I am sure u can get a hella deal.
Old 11-20-2002, 04:02 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by Crazy Sellout
jimcol711

BigPimp,

You know what, i do agree with you... the 540 i test drove was SOILD and it had 55k miles on it... felt new. So I take that back about BMWs.
Of course, there is nothing perfect in this world, but it's just been my experience. I am very wary of the cars coming off a lease because you really have no idea how the car was treated, but you expect the worst, hope for the best and depend on the warranty in case some shit goes wrong.
Old 11-20-2002, 04:03 PM
Banned

Originally posted by BigPimp
Dude, you could not handle the heat and you got the fuck out of the kitchen, i.e NYC. Just cause you weren't shit in NYC, dont need to hate on everyone there. Jersey comments are worthless because it's the mostly densely populated state in the country, and I am sure NYC is a close second to that. Turns out a whole lotta people wanna live here. So dont freeze your azz over in Milawakee cow-tipping for entertainment.

And you didnt get anything of what Eclipse was saying to you. Re-read and comprehend.

no one asked you for your opinions asshole, this has nothing to do with you, so fuck off....the reasons i moved to milwaukee have NOTHING to do with not being "shit" as you say or not being able to handle the heat so again....fuck off
Old 11-20-2002, 04:05 PM
Stealthy A-CL Member

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts
The area really SUCKS for nice cars... I was kinda pissed after the first scratch, door ding and windshield chip on the CL. If it were an M3 or V8 CLK, I'd be freaking INSANE with rage after each incident.

I like Shawn's off-lease idea from a cost/practicality perspective. Now the trick is to find someone who's just about to end one lease and start a new one. Talk them into selling you the car for the residual+any disposition fees.
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
youve now officially become a fucking complete idiot...

I can tell by the unanimous support you recieved on your last post that this must be true. Let me preface this by saying your latest retort is weak and you should go back to creative writing

.if you are packing your fucking lunches, you CANT AFFORD a luxury car douchebag....

It's an expression kid. I'm not rich, that's what it meant. Next time I wont talk so cryptically to you. Besides, what's wrong with packing lunch? It's idiots like you who spend the ten bucks a day who have to move back out to the sticks cuz you obviously don't know how to save.

.i didnt start the personal attacks, you did, so fuck off and go make youself a lunch....

Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

you are trying to be a fucking baller so hard but if you really were, you wouldnt bat an eyelash at 5-10 bucks a day for lunch, but obviously the only way you afford your insane insurance is by penny pinching the rest of your life.

See above retort I've covered this already, you seemed to have the need to mention it twice

and again, another high and mighty fuck who thinks they are hot shit because they live on the east coast....dude, you started the personal attacks so reap what you sow.

Give me some competition so I can reap back to someone worth my best

first off, i lived in NY for 3 years and got my career started in NYC so fuck off with your high and mighty bullshit, i know what its like to live there and work there and i know how much money is to be made, etc. another thing i know is that you live in fucking jersey...the fucking stinky ass armpit of america..
.i got sick to my stomach driving thrgouh the meadowlands all the time, how anyone would want to live there is beyond me...
again, if youre some big baller, move to manhattan...get over your east coast attitude, its fucking pointless and i see right through it...you wanna hate on a place like milwaukee, go ahead, but thats fine, i was barely scraping by out in NY
and now im making LESS money here but i live in a fucking luxury high rise apartment overlooking lake michigan so obviously, life is alot better out here. not to mention everything is much more accesible, no pretentious fucks like you, not many off limits clubs and bars, no bullshit taxes, etc....i lived in NY and i CHOSE to come back and now i enjoy a much higher quality of life so dont try and hate on a city you know nothing about.

Sounds to me like the big city chewed you up and spit your ass out. Boo Hoo. I like New Jersey, it's nice here, it's an easy target. Milwaukee on the other hand, I'm glad your a baller out there cuz that is the place to be man...... I hold contempt. I call them like I see them and your just an opinionated prick who 'thinks' he knows what he is talking out. Sorry if I'm your voice of reason.

i wouldnt even say shit like this if you didnt come down so fucking nasty and harsh on me so fuck you asshole, you can fucking lick a dick and shove your M3 that you cant afford right up your ass.

That's what you get for ASSUMING. Ever watch the ODD COUPLE? WHEN YOU ASSUME YOU MAKE AN ASS OUT OF YOURSELF. If you didn't assume I was some pretentious kid I wouldn't have to own your ass in this thread. Cheers.

fuck off
who's screwing who in this thread? Is it a threesome now??
Old 11-20-2002, 04:07 PM
Safety Car

no one asked you for your opinions asshole, this has nothing to do with you, so fuck off....the reasons i moved to milwaukee have NOTHING to do with not being "shit" as you say or not being able to handle the heat so again....fuck off

Good comeback slut boi, obviously you have nothing else to say so fuck off is an excellent comeback indeed. Good job

Well, you posted this, its a public forum, I did not agree with you and let you know where I stand in regards to your worthless comments. You could argue that I should not waste my time on you, but take it as a positive and a learning experience.

You are being owned in this thread because your opened up a can of worms that should've never been opened. Deal with it.
Old 11-20-2002, 04:14 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 11-20-2002, 04:25 PM
on a 10 mile ride

hey eclipse, maybe if we ignore him he'll go away. Oh wait, he is away. Now WI has to deal with it. Be thankful for small favors.

I wasn't sure where in NJ you are so the 2 links in previous posts are just to get you started. I still think you could sell your ride as is for $23k and have some cash for the next purchase if it didn't have such a bad past. shouldn't really do that to anyone - bad karma. Still think nothing will touch the right 540.

peace
Old 11-20-2002, 04:30 PM
Moderator Alumnus

hey eclipse, maybe if we ignore him he'll go away. Oh wait, he is away. Now WI has to deal with it. Be thankful for small favors.

I wasn't sure where in NJ you are so the 2 links in previous posts are just to get you started. I still think you could sell your ride as is for $23k and have some cash for the next purchase if it didn't have such a bad past. shouldn't really do that to anyone - bad karma. Still think nothing will touch the right 540.

peace
Thanks so much man, that's real nice of you. Im gonna go look at a 540 later this week. Good idea
Old 11-20-2002, 04:33 PM
on a 10 mile ride

I'll live vicariouly through you on this one. Keep us infomed on what you settle on. All my family is in South Shore by AC. I'll be back there in June for some R&R
Old 11-20-2002, 04:40 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
The 540 is a damn nice machine. Riden in, but never driven one. Power is there always...

It just comes down to what you want. I'm still in "coupe" mode, as kids are still a few years off. Combine that with ZERO need for a big car like a 540, and my recommendation still stands for the 330. My wife is begging for an SUV for her next ride, so that'll cure any needs for me to get a 4dr to pimp around in...

Can't go wrong with either, that's for sure. Just depends on your needs...
Old 11-20-2002, 04:47 PM
on a 10 mile ride

You thinking MDX there scrib? or a BMW?
Old 11-20-2002, 05:51 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I was wondering how a couple hours old thread was up to 5 pages already. I understand now...

eclipse are you open to manuals or are you only looking for Auto's?

Definately some good ideas here with the used 540's and GS430's. How about something as big as a used Q45 or something along those lines? That car is still pretty quick.
Old 11-20-2002, 06:02 PM
Racer

why do some people bitch when some poses a "problem" concering cars? THIS IS A CAR FORUM!!!! No it is not a problem in the grand scheme of things, but to a car person, this is a problem (albeit one we all love to have)!! I personally like to hear others opinions on such matters. The haters need to lighten up or smoke a pole!!!!!
Old 11-20-2002, 06:26 PM
Instructor

CLS replacement doesn't exist

Wow, lots of excitement here, I agree with Haus, THIS IS a lux, near lux car forum, duh! I've had the same car dilemma for years. It's hard to replace an Acura coupe, that's why I've held onto my Legend Coupe so long. Nothing beats it in value, sport, and features. The CLS is closest but it's not that exciting to me.

Many of the cars eclipse mentions are too small for my taste. I drove the G35 coupe and I felt like I was in a Eclipse or a new Cougar. THe 3-series is also kind of small but at least there's a lot more to like. My problem is I only like Coupes.

I hear Lex is bringing out the SC330, a 6 cylinder version of the SC430. I wish Audi had a 4 passenger coupe, I'd buy that in a minute. Not much out there that I can afford or want. A little smaller than the CLS, a little lighter, same price and features, more style and pizazz in a Coupe. Doesn't exist.
Old 11-20-2002, 06:53 PM

I have no clue as to what I'll get next.

I'm in the same boat you're in Ern.

It's a tough choice, but I think I'm gonna wait a lil and see what else new is gonna come out. I'd REALLY like to pimp a benz though.

JIMCOL: YOU ARE A DUMBASS! :wackit: :pee:
Old 11-20-2002, 06:54 PM
Burning Brakes

If there were issues with BMW dealers previously, a good option might be to hire a pro to do the negotiations for you. I've read good things about this guy: http://www.eurobuyers.com

Euro delivery saves you a straight 7% off MRSP but this guy says he can negotiate an additional saving of 3-5% which means you could get the car potentially for 10-12% under MSRP.

The base MSRP on a 2003 540iA (w/zero options) is ~$52k. With the savings above, you possibly could get it for ~$46k.

Even if you didn't go with Euro delivery, he still could save you $$ and hassles.

Here's another good link that I think I mentioned to Crazy before his purchase: http://www.bariaur.com/e39/EDsavings.html
Old 11-20-2002, 06:54 PM
Suzuka Master

eclipse23, I have the answer for this diatribe, all you northerners suck...

The south will rise again, or else we'll import most of the northerners!!!

But seriously, the 540i is a nice ride and one which will help in your new found undertaking. Although I do not know the extent of your interaction with customers a four door is nice to have to take them to lunch/dinner, etc. Some find a luxury vehicle pompous but then again you are not selling to city workers, again an assumption. A nice vehicle does convey a sign of success and significance to clients and a 540i would fit that bill.

I too am in a vehicle crisis decision, but one that is dependant on uncontrollable issues and would certainly spark a similar debate.
Old 11-20-2002, 07:34 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
You thinking MDX there scrib? or a BMW?
Bimmer...
Old 11-20-2002, 08:28 PM
A-CL Senior Member

I agree, go with Bimmer. I'm thinking about getting a 330ci myself. Cause my CL-P has been already in two accidents.
Old 11-20-2002, 08:35 PM
Old timer

Re: It's depressing buying a new car :(

Then reality check happened and I realized that I didn't want to drop all this money on an expensive ass car since I'm opening up my own business.
I told you that the first time you asked what I thought about you dropping $60k on a car. :P

At least you've finally realized it yourself. I dunno your driving style so I'm afraid to recommend anything that would just reflect my preference not yours. =\
Old 11-20-2002, 08:45 PM
Old timer

Btw, jimcol - I think I feel a bit of what you initially said - today many people forget to plan for their future and judge the car they can afford by whether or not their monthly income is enough to cover that month's car payment and car insurance bill. They'll pay for that when they're older and realize they have no retirement plan to fall back on.

At the same time, I understand why some people think that way because with the out-of-control inflation, most especially in the car market, you gotta pay $30k today to get what ~$23k would have bought ten years ago. Every year the prices go up a lot for your average car. Options packages gouge you. Payment plans gouge you. The insurance racket runs unchecked.

It's all because people allow it. If people actually woke up and started caring about all the money they throw away, this inflationary pricing would be put in check and it wouldn't be a primary life purchase to buy a decent car.

So essentially, people are fed up with the scenario of "No matter how much I make, I still can barely afford a decent car if I actually budget my incoming properly." So they say F that and decide to live for the moment (hey, who knows when you're gonna die anyway) and arrange their budget to focus on current purchases instead of future savings.

What else can they do if they want to enjoy nice things that they can't afford on their once-decent salaries.

In the most expensive counties on Long Island, for example, a family where the major bread winner earns ~$85k/year can barely enjoy a comfortable life. That's ridiculous. But we allow it and accept it, therefore it happens: inflation outpaces income.

Eventually it will all fall apart and be put in check, or everyone will just have to work until the day they die just to put food on the table.
Old 11-20-2002, 09:03 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by JRock
Btw, jimcol - I think I feel a bit of what you initially said - today many people forget to plan for their future and judge the car they can afford by whether or not their monthly income is enough to cover that month's car payment and car insurance bill. They'll pay for that when they're older and realize they have no retirement plan to fall back on.

At the same time, I understand why some people think that way because with the out-of-control inflation, most especially in the car market, you gotta pay $30k today to get what ~$23k would have bought ten years ago. Every year the prices go up a lot for your average car. Options packages gouge you. Payment plans gouge you. The insurance racket runs unchecked.

It's all because people allow it. If people actually woke up and started caring about all the money they throw away, this inflationary pricing would be put in check and it wouldn't be a primary life purchase to buy a decent car.

So essentially, people are fed up with the scenario of "No matter how much I make, I still can barely afford a decent car if I actually budget my incoming properly." So they say F that and decide to live for the moment (hey, who knows when you're gonna die anyway) and arrange their budget to focus on current purchases instead of future savings.

What else can they do if they want to enjoy nice things that they can't afford on their once-decent salaries.

In the most expensive counties on Long Island, for example, a family where the major bread winner earns ~$85k/year can barely enjoy a comfortable life. That's ridiculous. But we allow it and accept it, therefore it happens: inflation outpaces income.

Eventually it will all fall apart and be put in check, or everyone will just have to work until the day they die just to put food on the table.
People who have to go to work every day such as myself and make their own money and depend on it probably have a much more realistic sense of what to do with it. I don't have a magical 'daddy' to call when my funds run low. Personally, (the only way I feel I can truly answer this) I have had a 401K since I was eligible for one and contribute almost max into it. Right now it's obviously doing about as well as everyone else's but that's ok I just forget about it and I'll never touch the money till I retire since my 401K does not have any good 'borrowing against' policies.

I used to spend money to 'live for the day' when I first started bringing in some extra cash. I think over the last year I have cut back alot of my extra spending in an effort to invest in things that will guarantee a return or have a good chance of (aka: real estate). My initial car choice was definitely a reach for me but, I came to my senses eventually and as I noted I'm right back where I started.

I never argue insurance, and other financial items that vary from where you live etc. and I think people like Jim are morons to compare WI rates to NJ rates where we are the densest state in the country.

Lastly, one difference between you and Jim is how you position your arguement. You can't expect me to listen to someone who insults and assumes things about myself. On that note, good points Jrock.
Old 11-20-2002, 09:17 PM
Banned

Sorry Eclipse that I didn't read your whole thread but I am in the same boat shopping for a new car. I know that everybody is suggesting the BMW 540 for your next car but have you driven the CLk 430. I test drove it and fell in love with it, it has the speed, it has the luxury, it has the reliability, and the prestige. Now I was looking at a 2000 with 27K and they wanted $37k negotiable. I know its kind of steep but the car in my opinion is a bargain at around $35K in excellent condition. I think the interior is better in the 430 than the new 500 check it out. Good Luck
Old 11-20-2002, 10:39 PM
I love my G sedan

Get a fully loaded Infiniti G35 coupe or sedan.
Old 11-20-2002, 10:39 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by scalbert
eclipse23, I have the answer for this diatribe, all you northerners suck...

The south will rise again, or else we'll import most of the northerners!!!

But seriously, the 540i is a nice ride and one which will help in your new found undertaking. Although I do not know the extent of your interaction with customers a four door is nice to have to take them to lunch/dinner, etc. Some find a luxury vehicle pompous but then again you are not selling to city workers, again an assumption. A nice vehicle does convey a sign of success and significance to clients and a 540i would fit that bill.

I too am in a vehicle crisis decision, but one that is dependant on uncontrollable issues and would certainly spark a similar debate.
-South will not rise again North beat your ass once and we'll do it again. That gorgeous city you have down there......well it's courtesy of Sherman Contractors Inc.,

-vehicle decision? Really, do tell. No worries Scalbert we got your back so don't worry about the flames.
Old 11-20-2002, 11:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Zapata
That gorgeous city you have down there......well it's courtesy of Sherman Contractors Inc.,

Now that is a great statement... And they keep sending you northerners down to check on us.

-
-vehicle decision? Really, do tell. No worries Scalbert we got your back so don't worry about the flames.
X5 4.4i or Z4 3.0i, hopefully the X5 and we'll leave it at that...
Old 11-21-2002, 05:29 AM
Old timer

People who have to go to work every day such as myself and make their own money and depend on it probably have a much more realistic sense of what to do with it.

I'm confused by what you're trying to say here or how it relates to anything I wrote. I probably work longer hours for less money than you, if that was where you're going.

I don't have a magical 'daddy' to call when my funds run low.
Nor do I. But that is kind of an interesting statement from someone who was talking about moving back in with their parents so they could save more money to open their own business.
Or were you making reference to people like pgatour?
Btw, check out this link for some valuable info: http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/membe...e&userid=11929

Cool, huh?
Old 11-21-2002, 07:29 AM
'Cooter

hmmmmmmm, as if we didn't get enough perspectives already, allow me to offer mine:

here's my suggestion: do nothing

Ernie, deep down, u know yer priorities...in addition, all of us know where yer priorities r regarding cars...how?? we've examined how yer attitude towards which car to buy has changed...first, it was the all-sport M...then a little more conservative all-around E...then an even more conservative versitile MDX...based on how yer attitude has changed, 1, this is a sign of yer maturity (as yer life changes, so does yer preferences in cars...keep in mind yer BUYING power has not changed, cuz if u really wanted the M let's say, u'd find a way to afford it), and 2, yer using yer lifestyle goals to help dictate which vehicle to purchase, which IMO is good b/c altho u COULD afford the M, u do NOT have money to burn, so u wanna make sure there's a lot of value to yer purchase, which i commend u on...this also feeds back to point 1 of maturity

i suggest doing nothing simply b/c i think u and i both know yer startup business is much more important TO YOU than buying a car...granted, the CL's residual is terrible, but i still believe yer not focussing on that nearly as much...perhaps when the TSX comes out, u'd consider that b/c it's 4-door, quick and nimble, and relatively inexpensive so that u keep more money for the business...then after a few years when business is booming, u'll b buying cars 2 at a time

whatever u decide, i know u'll b doing it in yer best interests...i love my CLS so much, so i'd have no problem driving it another year or so before moving on...take it from someone who penny-pinches all the time, living at home with awesome parents, it's so worth conserving, cuz long-term we both know the rewards...i wish u luck
Old 11-21-2002, 07:32 AM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
wow, i think i agree with Scooter!!
Old 11-21-2002, 07:45 AM
'Cooter

Originally posted by Loseit
wow, i think i agree with Scooter!!
now it's getting scary!!!

first i have a friend, now i got a guy agreeing with me

hehe