Isn't today the day we here about the guy with the 3.5L upgrade kit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2001, 02:47 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Isn't today the day we here about the guy with the 3.5L upgrade kit?

I can't wait to see how it performs

------------------
R.I.P Integra Type-R #932
Black 2001 CL-S
Comptech Headers
Old 04-19-2001, 03:07 PM
magnet

actaully i get it friday cuz they have to do some dyno runs

------------------
2001 cl type s,custom voltage blue paint job, comptech headers, 18 inch ssr agle strusse rims(painted voltage blue with chrome lip), greddy evo exhaust, cross drilled rotors, pioneer avx 7000 tv, playstation2, iceman cold air intake(custom)nos fuel pressure regulator, piaa ion yellow fog lights, slammed on nex suspension (level ten torque converter and b&m tranny cooler)3.5 litre upgrade on april 16!(dommed topped pistons, mdx crankshaft, rods , bearings, heads ported and polished, vtec timing

my old car www.hondatech.org/99acv6ic.html
my cl http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?...064&Sequence=0
Old 04-19-2001, 03:09 PM
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mchtypeS:

</font>
PLEASSSEEE POST YOUR DYNOS
Old 04-19-2001, 06:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

</font>
do you have all the emblems on the back 3.2 cl type S????if so you need to go buy the 3.5 emblem from rl or mdx wich ever is closest if theres even a difference...IMO that should be apart of the upgrade(the emblem package)

------------------
'01 3.2 CL typeS
satin silver metalic
Llumar platinum plus
tint 20% all around

-----------------
'98 ACCORD V-6 sedan
16" coupe wheels
215/55/16 nitto's
20% smoke titanium
black chrome kit

[This message has been edited by typeR (edited 04-19-2001).]
Old 04-19-2001, 06:30 PM
Pro

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by typeR:
Originally posted by mchtypeS:

</font>
do you have all the emblems on the back 3.2 cl type S????if so you need to go buy the 3.5 emblem from rl or mdx wich ever is closest if theres even a difference...IMO that should be apart of the upgrade(the emblem package)
I agree, having that 3.5 on your trunnk would be sweet and definitely let peeps know you got more ponies under your hood.

------------------
2001 Satin silver CL-S
* no navi, spoiler, mudguards
* wheel locks, full front mask
* fenderwell and door trim
Old 04-19-2001, 06:38 PM
SatinCL

mchtypeS:

Gawd I love your passion with this car!!! Let us all know ASAP, OK?

Just a quick question: With all the time and money spent on your CL, why not get an 01 M3? I know, I know.....heresy to mention the "B" word here, but still.....

Anyhow, awesome stuff!

------------------
Ken
'01 Satin Silver CL-P
Performance: Headers, K&N Drop-In, Comptech Springs/Sways, 17" Borbet T's & Eagle RS-A's.
Other: Flaps, X-Pel Clear Bra, Cannon Mats, & Burlwood Shift Knob.

Worst Stock GTech: 7.15
Current G-Tech (2/11): 6.33
Old 04-19-2001, 06:40 PM
nItIn

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Satin01CL:
mchtypeS:

Gawd I love your passion with this car!!! Let us all know ASAP, OK?

Just a quick question: With all the time and money spent on your CL, why not get an 01 M3? I know, I know.....heresy to mention the "B" word here, but still.....

Anyhow, awesome stuff!

</font>
M3

------------------
2001 CL-P - Nighthawk Black/Ebony/Burlwood trim, Wheel Locks, Spoiler, Trunk Net, Polarg M6 Road Lamps, Polarg M4 Door Lamps, Polarg M4 Map Lights, Polarg M12 Turn, Polarg M13 Reverse Lamps, Polarg M16 Dome Light

Coming soon: '02 TL-S Burlwood Steering, Burlwood Vent Trims, Burlwood Shifter
Old 04-19-2001, 07:11 PM
Advanced

Man...that's alot of money invested just for .3L increase. I hope you get aleast 50 hp out of it, but I highly doubt it.

</font>

------------------
1999 Nissan Maxima
Old 04-19-2001, 07:18 PM
Pro

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 1max2nv:
Man...that's alot of money invested just for .3L increase. I hope you get aleast 50 hp out of it, but I highly doubt it.

</font>
I believe with the headers and intake in addition to the .3L increase the hp increase is 55.. but the biggest gain will be in torque (that is what I read). SO basically the .3L adds like 20hp on top of the headers (30hp) and CAI (~5hp)

------------------
2001 Satin silver CL-S
* no navi, spoiler, mudguards
* wheel locks, full front mask
* fenderwell and door trim
Old 04-19-2001, 07:27 PM
STi

This would be exciting how this upgrade would increase the hp&trq. Keep us updated MCHTYPES of your 3.2CL ohhh my mistake 3.5CL Type S....

------------------

1990Si
2001CL-S
Old 04-19-2001, 08:03 PM
Pro

Being the skeptic that I am I have to ask this question.

How do you expect to increase .3 liters out of a block that's already seen a .2 increase, cause this engine is the 3.0 v6 out of the CL and accord V6.

The block on the J engine isn't that big, and the engine itself is a compact v6. I really don't see how u are going to pull this off.

Boring out .05 liters out of each cylinder wall is... sounding like ur going to be skating on this ice. And what pistions are you goin to use? Or are you just going to increase the stroke on the 3.2? Actually increasing the stroke from a 3.2 to a 3.5 isn't feasable... maybe a .2 increase.

What are you going to get new pistons and increase ur stroke?

------------------
1997 Acura 2.2 CL (5spd)
rubber tires, windshield wipers, headlights, horn, steering wheel, BRAKE PEDAL, clutch, brake pads, driver seat, passenger seat, back seat, front windshield, rear windshield (with defroster), lumbar support, cruise control, intermitent wiper control, sun roof (tinted), engine, pistons (only 4), emergency brake handle, trunk w/ tools, spare tire
Old 04-19-2001, 08:09 PM
Rod
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CLTypeR:

How do you expect to increase .3 liters out of a block that's already seen a .2 increase, cause this engine is the 3.0 v6 out of the CL and accord V6.

The block on the J engine isn't that big, and the engine itself is a compact v6. I really don't see how u are going to pull this off.

Boring out .05 liters out of each cylinder wall is... sounding like ur going to be skating on this ice. And what pistions are you goin to use? Or are you just going to increase the stroke on the 3.2? Actually increasing the stroke from a 3.2 to a 3.5 isn't feasable... maybe a .2 increase.

</font>
Take a look at mchtypeS' signature.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type S
Satin Silver Metallic/Ebony

Stock, for now at least.
Old 04-20-2001, 12:39 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
its not bored its stoked do a search do the research and you'll find 50ft.lbs of bad boy waiting to be unleashed on unsuspecting victims BTW to he who mentioned the M3 i think the point to doing stuff like this is not to be so obvious...an M3 is supposed to be fast ...cobra...corvette...but an acura that can hang with these guys even alittle is gonna be a big blow to there ego fragile as they must be to start with

------------------
'01 3.2 CL typeS
satin silver metalic
Llumar platinum plus
tint 20% all around

-----------------
'98 ACCORD V-6 sedan
16" coupe wheels
215/55/16 nitto's
20% smoke titanium
black chrome kit
Old 04-20-2001, 12:48 AM
Banned

Look at the lower right hand of the picture in mchtypsS''s sig... the photopoint one. Is that a Mustang's headlight? Its pretty sad if I can tell a car by looking at a lousy quality picture (no offense) and a peice of headlight.

------------------
Red 3.2 CL-S.
"Life is too short not to be Italian." -Paul Sorvino
"How do you expect your date to turn over if your engine doesn't?" -Original
"Too many news programs have become public relations friendly" -Bill Oreilly
"People spend too much time finding other people to blame, too much energy finding excuses for not being what they are capable of being, and not enough energy putting themselves on the line, growing out of the past, and getting on with their lives." - J. Michael Straczynski
Old 04-20-2001, 12:58 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CLTypeR:

</font>

The 3.5 is stroked with the MDX crank, rods, and special pistons. It is NOT bored out.

Generaly speaking, increasing the stroke, increases torque (and also piston speed).

------------------
Silver 2001 CL-S with NAVI
  • Mud guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Toyo T1S 235/45ZR17-97W* Proxies on 17x8" SSR Competition wheels (48lbs less than stock)
  • Kevlar/SS Brake lines ordered
  • Comptech headers & sways ready
  • Silver AEM CAI ready
  • 8 coats of Zaino magic
Old 04-20-2001, 04:40 AM
Pro

Interesting.... but.... ok.... the MDX is a 3.5. Wow. I know it's the same block too. Good luck.. It shouldn't be that hard a conversion than. Pretty much bolt on.

------------------
1997 Acura 2.2 CL (5spd)
rubber tires, windshield wipers, headlights, horn, steering wheel, BRAKE PEDAL, clutch, brake pads, driver seat, passenger seat, back seat, front windshield, rear windshield (with defroster), lumbar support, cruise control, intermitent wiper control, sun roof (tinted), engine, pistons (only 4), emergency brake handle, trunk w/ tools, spare tire
Old 04-20-2001, 02:29 PM
magnet

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Scorpius:
Look at the lower right hand of the picture in mchtypsS''s sig... the photopoint one. Is that a Mustang's headlight? Its pretty sad if I can tell a car by looking at a lousy quality picture (no offense) and a peice of headlight.

</font>
your wrong thats not a mustang your way off that is my friends white civic with eyelids

------------------
2001 cl type s,custom voltage blue paint job, comptech headers, 18 inch ssr agle strusse rims(painted voltage blue with chrome lip), greddy evo exhaust, cross drilled rotors, pioneer avx 7000 tv, playstation2, iceman cold air intake(custom)nos fuel pressure regulator, piaa ion yellow fog lights, slammed on nex suspension (level ten torque converter and b&m tranny cooler)3.5 litre upgrade on april 16!(dommed topped pistons, mdx crankshaft, rods , bearings, heads ported and polished, vtec timing

Old 04-20-2001, 03:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Wbo cares!! Did you get your car back yet??

Originally posted by Scorpius:

</font>
your wrong thats not a mustang your way off that is my friends white civic with eyelids

------------------
2001 Satin Silver Cl Type S.
Comptech:Headers, Springs & Sways
AEM CAI
Toyo T1S Proxys 235/45/17
SSR Competition wheels 17x8
35% Llumar metallic tint
My Car
Old 04-20-2001, 04:10 PM
magnet

naw not yet there waiting for a part to arrive some gasket hopefully later on today ill keep u guys posted trust me i want my car back already

------------------

Old 04-20-2001, 06:50 PM
Senior Moderator

I'll bet you want your car back!

Here's a thought though, they want you to break it in like new but they're going to put it on a dyno and run it redline how many times??
If it was me I'd break it in and then let them dyno it.

------------------
AEM CAI
35% Llumar metallic tint
My Car
Old 04-20-2001, 07:36 PM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mike:
I'll bet you want your car back!

Here's a thought though, they want you to break it in like new but they're going to put it on a dyno and run it redline how many times??
If it was me I'd break it in and then let them dyno it.

</font>
Good point! Nothing like an oil burner.

"... Smell of that burning oil, smells like NO VICTORY..."

------------------
  • Mud guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Toyo T1S 235/45ZR17-97W* Proxies on 17x8" SSR Competition wheels (48lbs less than stock)
  • Silver AEM CAI ready
  • 8 coats of Zaino magic
Old 04-20-2001, 07:41 PM
Instructor

Mike,
We flash a program and head to the Dyno to validate the install is within tollerances expected. This is done after an abbreviated in shop break-in cycle and ~ 50 miles of city B4 Dyno time. MchTypeS is behind schedule due to a mislabeled throttle gasket that didn't arrive till lunch. As of 5PM, the shop run cycle was being completed and we hope to Dyno Sat AM or Mon AM. I know that you are all anxious to hear and see the results, but patience is a virtue and he is driving around a Type-S so he is not too inconvenienced (except for color!)
Old 04-20-2001, 08:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Good enough and thanks for the update!

------------------
AEM CAI
35% Llumar metallic tint
My Car
Old 04-20-2001, 09:11 PM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by syncivic:
Mike,
We flash a program and head to the Dyno to validate the install is within tollerances expected. This is done after an abbreviated in shop break-in cycle and ~ 50 miles of city B4 Dyno time. MchTypeS is behind schedule due to a mislabeled throttle gasket that didn't arrive till lunch. As of 5PM, the shop run cycle was being completed and we hope to Dyno Sat AM or Mon AM. I know that you are all anxious to hear and see the results, but patience is a virtue and he is driving around a Type-S so he is not too inconvenienced (except for color!)
</font>
Thank god!

------------------
  • Mud guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Silver AEM CAI ready
  • 8 coats of Zaino magic
Old 04-21-2001, 01:31 AM
Suzuka Master

A quick question, which I may of missed before. With the increase in displacement how are the fueling issues being met.

In a Mass control situation the point is moot. But considering that our cars use a speed density system, the PCM has no idea on the 'new' required pulse width. If you increase displacement, naturally more fuel will be needed.

Is a rising rate FPR being incorporated, because the stock 1:1 unit won't cut it. Secondly, it still doesn’t meet fuel trim issues. From what I know there are no PCM mods available unless you have come up with them. But PCM mods would certainly solve this issue...