IS300 Manual

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2001, 06:35 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IS300 Manual

http://www.is300.net/forum_new/Forum1/HTML/005868.html

looks like a long ass throw. inside still looks crappy. was looking at it and i think i know why it looks crappy inside... the dash layout is not continuous, it doesn't flow. BMW 3 series has a nice dash layout that seems integrated... type s also. looks cheap. ok is trollers flame away.
Old 02-13-2001, 07:41 PM
Pro

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by buddha:
ok is trollers flame away.</font>
1. What IS300 trolls???
2. Are you tired of the politeness and peace that we've all enjoyed recently?
3. Are you stupid enough to think that if flames were to break out, it's just going to be in defense of the IS and nothing else?

------------------
051/LP/SR/LD/HH
Old 02-13-2001, 08:19 PM
Wow only on my 2nd tranny

From the display, it looks like it has the same Alpine based Nav that we have; I wonder if it is, and whether it's DVD based.

If you think about it the center console follows the same design criteria as the altezza brake lights i.e. fancy, gew-gaws with not much functionality. It looks like a veritable palace of shiny buttons and dials. I think it's supposed to make you feel like a fighter-pilot or something.
Old 02-13-2001, 10:47 PM
Team Owner

I’m jealous !!!!!!!

Oops, I forgot it’s a Toyota w/ 4-Doors…..NEVER MIND.

Shawn S

------------------
Speed limits are for CARS and DRIVERS whose limits are easily exceeded !!!!!

2001 CL Type S - NAV - San Marino RED / Parchment - Spoiler - 35% Tint - Roof Visor - PIAA Lamps
GOLD Emblems & Grill - V1 w/remote - KICKER ZR-360 w/(2) 10" Alumapro Subs - Shine by ZAINO
For Pictures see: PAGE 1 PAGE 2 PAGE 3 PAGE 4 V1 & SUBS
Old 02-13-2001, 11:15 PM
Instructor

Is the production car really gonna get 18 inch wheels????
Old 02-13-2001, 11:27 PM
ACME sucks!

I'm sorry, but that is one gay looking steering wheel!

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2CL Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
No Navi

35% tint/Wheel locks/Splash guards/PIAA 19169 bulbs/K&N 33-2178 air filter/Mobil-1 5W-30 oil & filter/One scratched rim
Old 02-14-2001, 12:20 AM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
I dunno... I think it actually puts the IS on par with us now.

Now we do have competition... rather then wannabe competition.

It should be almost as fast as the CL-S now...

And now it has some luxury appointments... LIKE A ARM REST bout time they got one of those.

And now they have a wonderful navi system... The Lexus Navi whips our asses right now.

They also got auto-dim mirrors now...

So... at least their getting to the "almost, could be, but isnt, nearly worth 30k" position now.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red (Navigation)
PIAA 19173 Ion Yellow Fog Lights
Aftermarket Black Wood Trim Kit
Old 02-14-2001, 12:32 AM
Instructor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DtEW:
1. What IS300 trolls???
3. Are you stupid enough to think that if flames were to break out, it's just going to be in defense of the IS and nothing else?

</font>
welcome,

i see you have a new m.o. personal attacks instead of attacks on our cars. hook line sinker. xoxoxo

Old 02-14-2001, 12:50 AM
Pro

i see you have a new m.o. personal attacks instead of attacks on our cars. hook line sinker.</font>
Attacks on your cars? Produce one or be guilty of lowest form of persuasion: slurring. Oh wait, trolls are never very preoccupied with facts, are they?

And damn right I'm going to personally attack anybody who gets his kicks by trying to disrupt peace, hook-line-sinker or not.

------------------
051/LP/SR/LD/HH
Old 02-14-2001, 12:55 AM
Instructor

Attacks on your cars? Produce one or be guilty of lowest form of persuasion: slurring. Oh wait, trolls are never very preoccupied with facts, are they?

And damn right I'm going to personally attack anybody who gets his kicks by trying to disrupt peace, hook-line-sinker or not.

</font>
lets take a poll... was i disrupting the peace or was i just trying to keep everyone up to speed on new cars?
Old 02-14-2001, 01:03 AM
Instructor

1. What IS300 trolls???

</font>
you're just a freaking idiot... i know your handle from the is300 forum... i go to a lot of forums to learn and see what is out there. and by far the is300 forum is the most xenophobic of all of them... hell even the corvette forum was nice to a guy who said he was 16 and started racing his accord... they just told him to be careful. you is'ers just can't take someone's opinion. i think a lot of people here would back me up. hell i even like the front end of the is300, definitely not the back... it's too riced out. but that's it. back off man.

Old 02-14-2001, 01:07 AM
Pro

lets take a poll... was i disrupting the peace or was i just trying to keep everyone up to speed on new cars? </font>
Your post, IS300 substituted with CL-S, with pertinent changes:

"looks like a long ass boat. inside still looks crappy. was looking at it and i think i know why it looks crappy inside... the "wood" inside is completely unconvincing, it lacks prestige. BMW 3 series has some nice accents that seems prestigious... other Lexus' also. looks cheap. ok CL-S trollers flame away."

Now tell me if this, especially with the last taunt, is "trying to keep everyone up to speed on new cars"?

you're just a freaking idiot... i know your handle from the is300 forum... i go to a lot of forums to learn and see what is out there. and by far the is300 forum is the most xenophobic of all of them... hell even the corvette forum was nice to a guy who said he was 16 and started racing his accord... they just told him to be careful. you is'ers just can't take someone's opinion. i think a lot of people here would back me up.</font>
Can't find that I've ever said any bad things about your cars, can you? It's too bad that you don't know that I've been a Honda fan for over ten years. And by the shifting attacks it seems like you can't stand behind any of the subtle crap you've tried to pass.

BTW, stereotyping a group of people is generally a bad thing. You might also keep in mind that 2 out of 5 moderators for our busiest forums are non-IS300 owners, and one of them even owns a CL-S.

------------------
051/LP/SR/LD/HH

[This message has been edited by DtEW (edited 02-13-2001).]
Old 02-14-2001, 01:16 AM
Instructor

Your post, IS300 substituted with CL-S, with pertinent changes:

"looks like a long ass boat. inside still looks crappy. was looking at it and i think i know why it looks crappy inside... the "wood" inside is completely unconvincing, it lacks prestige. BMW 3 series has some nice accents that seems prestigious... other Lexus' also. looks cheap. ok CL-S trollers flame away."

Now tell me if this, especially with the last taunt, is "trying to keep everyone up to speed on new cars"?

</font>
wtf does that have to do with my comments? i personally don't like the bowling ball wood but hey if you look at the audi's and bmw's they have the same type of fake ass wood. take some midol and put on your rag.
Old 02-14-2001, 01:55 AM
Instructor

1. What IS300 trolls???

YOU

HUH? How is this stirring anything... Last I looked it's a CL forum. Who's stirring what now. Look at the other comments posted here by other fellow CL owners.

Who else would flame? Last I looked you're the one escalating this and you own an IS. You have always been one prepared to jump on anyone that has something bad to say about your beloved slow ass piece of toyota corolla type IS. You're the one STUPID enough to think that someone who doesn't own an IS would bother to defend it.

</font>

[This message has been edited by buddha (edited 02-14-2001).]
Old 02-14-2001, 01:59 AM
Instructor

Can't find that I've ever said any bad things about your cars, can you? It's too bad that you don't know that I've been a Honda fan for over ten years. And by the shifting attacks it seems like you can't stand behind any of the subtle crap you've tried to pass.

BTW, stereotyping a group of people is generally a bad thing. You might also keep in mind that 2 out of 5 moderators for our busiest forums are non-IS300 owners, and one of them even owns a CL-S.

</font>
I knew that. EricL, one of the moderators over at the is300 forurm I believe owns a TT. Stop your *****ing and go get a Type S and maybe it'll cure your insecurities.

Old 02-14-2001, 11:11 AM
Three Wheelin'

Okay.... ummm.... If anyone here would actually like to discuss the IS300M, then please feel free to do so in another thread. Cuz this one is going bye-bye.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2CL Type S
Comptech Springs
Comptech Sway Bars
Comptech Headers to be installed in a couple weeks
PIAA 19169