IMRC?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2001, 07:05 PM
Kill the Chicken heads

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMRC?????

?'s from my previous post(SERIOUS PROBLEMS!!!)

What is IMRC and how do u fix it if it breaks. Also how do u disconnect your battery(what battery, the main one?) I dont understand why u have to leave your battery dissonnnected for 15 when u get something new that has nothing to do with the electronics of the car.

Nick
Old 03-12-2001, 07:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The IMRC controls the air "resonance" in the car's intake system. Someone did a write up on this on how to see if it is working or not. I think "The Red Rocket" has his own page with pictures of how to sort this out.

Does anyone remember the link to the page:

Soopa note:

The MIRC page/link would be a great FAQ link (MHO)

The disconnection of the battery resets the ECU. Think of it as if it had adjusted to the current set of parts in the car. If you change to headers or CAI (cold air intake), you have changed the air flow in the car, and the engine needs to do "re-educate" itself from its past experience. By disconnecting the battery, you are giving the ECU the equivalent of a "brain wipe". It is supposed to help it get the most out of the updated "goodies."

You would want to disconnect the negative terminal to your battery for about a half an hour. This "resets" the ECU. It also resets the radio and NAV unit. If you are going to do this be sure to have your "PIN" numbers for the radio and NAVI available.

BTW -- the radio looses its PIN right away. I've still had the NAVI working with the battery disconnected for 20 minutes (go figure).

------------------
2001 Satin Silver Cl-S w/ NAVI
  • Mud Guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Toyo 235/45ZR17-97W* T1S Proxies on Stock 17" CLS wheels
  • Gtech 1/8th tank 40F ~=6.1
  • Zaino magic
  • Sways, headers, CAI comming soon

[This message has been edited by EricL (edited 03-12-2001).]
Old 03-12-2001, 08:55 PM
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EricL:
The IMRC controls the air "resonance" in the car's intake system. Someone did a write up on this on how to see if it is working or not. I think "The Red Rocket" has his own page with pictures of how to sort this out.

Does anyone remember the link to the page:

Soopa note:

The MIRC page/link would be a great FAQ link (MHO)

The disconnection of the battery resets the ECU. Think of it as if it had adjusted to the current set of parts in the car. If you change to headers or CAI (cold air intake), you have changed the air flow in the car, and the engine needs to do "re-educate" itself from its past experience. By disconnecting the battery, you are giving the ECU the equivalent of a "brain wipe". It is supposed to help it get the most out of the updated "goodies."

You would want to disconnect the negative terminal to your battery for about a half an hour. This "resets" the ECU. It also resets the radio and NAV unit. If you are going to do this be sure to have your "PIN" numbers for the radio and NAVI available.

BTW -- the radio looses its PIN right away. I've still had the NAVI working with the battery disconnected for 20 minutes (go figure).

</font>
Go 30 minutes or so and it will ask you for a code. It scared the shit out of me when I was installing my intake. All I saw was a key pad and I kept trying to get it to cancel. Everytime I hit one of the keys it would just put a x on the screen. After sitting there for a bit I realized it was asking me for a code. For a couple minutes there I thought I had fried my Navi!

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
Comptech Springs
Apexi V-AFC
AEM CAI

[This message has been edited by WebToker (edited 03-12-2001).]
Old 03-12-2001, 09:03 PM
Instructor

Here's the link:

<a href="http://rrw.d2g.com/techshop/plenum0.html">IMRC Check</a>

------------------
The Red Rocket

bone-stock, and now she's Dented and Miserable!
Old 03-12-2001, 09:05 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
Go 30 minutes or so and it will ask you for a code. It scared the shit out of me when I was installing my intake. All I saw was a key pad and I kept trying to get it to cancel. Everytime I hit one of the keys it would just put a x on the screen. After sitting there for a bit I realized it was asking me for a code. For a couple minutes there I thought I had fried my Navi!

</font>
Yep, the reason I mentioned the 20 minutes is... I was trying to reset the nav unit and the Acura Care people said to disconnect the battery. Tried that, and it didn't work (waited 5-10 minutes). Then tried disconnecting for about 20 minutes, still no navi reset.

I finally called back and said, "Hey, you guys don't know what your talking about. A thief could get the NAVI and swap it without any problem." I got a call a few days later saying that I needed to disconnect the battery for more than 30 minutes (an hour to be safe). I was then given instructions to "reset the nav". I had to be on a street where I could drive 1 mile without turning. Then, turn 90 degrees, and start mixing up the driving. (I was told this by an engineer as the best way to calibrate the nav unit.)

------------------
2001 Satin Silver Cl-S w/ NAVI
  • Mud Guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Toyo 235/45ZR17-97W* T1S Proxies on Stock 17" CLS wheels
  • Gtech 1/8th tank 40F ~=6.1
  • Zaino magic
  • Sways, headers, CAI comming soon