Import Show in Pa,- The Highlights

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2001, 12:17 PM
Xe- For Better Hwy Vision

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Import Show in Pa,- The Highlights

At 3 o'clock Fri. afternoon, just 3hrs. before the Scott Honda "show your import night" was going to start, a hudge cold front with 50mph gusts, extreme lightning, and rains ripped through the Chester County area, drowning all hopes of a nice dry show. I decided to bail and change my plans.

I left werk at 5:30 and to my surprise was clear blue skys in the horizon and the rain had stopped. Now I knew at this point I had promised my girl we would get dinner and go see AP2, so this would be tough one to pull off. But I did.

We arrived at the show at around 6:20 with the clear weather to find no other cars except the Chevy's Dodge's and Ford's that were showing across the street at Faulkner/ GMC meet. There were also 2 Pa state police to monitor any street racing. what BS!!
I decided to get this thing started on the Honda side by de-watering and cleaning up the ride a little. A couple of the sales guys from the showroom walked over and admired the car and asked some questions. Soon after that a yellow dropped Prelude pulled in and parked. Before long we had about 8 cars including Bob B. from our forum.

Bob was driving my dream CLS!. From the complete Comptech exhaust system down to the
235's, this car was golden. A must see!
I enjoyed talking with him and he seemed to be very knowledgable about the CLS, suggesting ideas and giving his honest opinions about the car.

My time here at the show was quickly running out judging by that look from my passengers side window. :o :o :o
I managed to get 20 more min.
at the show to check out this red turbocharged Miata with 17's. More cars seemed to be showing up at about 7:30 (mostly SI civic's and Eclipse's) and I figured more would be arriving later in the night. Bob B and I left the show, but not without his gift to me of the new 2002 CL brochure from Acura. (Not much change, little more detail and yes, NO 6 SPEED)

Overall the show was pretty good, met some new peeps and fulfilled my girls requests.
BTW/ American Pie 2 was so funny, go see it!

CCNs24, we missed ya out there, was it the rain?

The next meet over there will be in Sept. sometime, I will post it when I get the info.

[ 08-13-2001: Message edited by: xenon7 ]
Old 08-13-2001, 12:55 PM
Safety Car

Seems like we got another local member, nice I am gonna try to make the next one. Hopefully, I will have some mods by then.

Hit me up on the AIM when you get a chance, I got the CAI.
Old 08-13-2001, 12:57 PM
Contagious

Sorry I couldn't make it. You're absolutely right, I left work early and it was basically pouring. I figured the meet would be off. Then, like you said, the skies cleared up. By that time, my GF too decided she wanted to go to the movies. We saw AP2. If you haven't seen it yet, go, it was f'n funny!! Anyway, I will make the next meet.

On a sidenote, my basement got flooded in yesterday's storm. Must have been my karma catching up to me for not making the meet on Friday.

Later!!