ideas on front plate placement

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2002, 03:43 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ideas on front plate placement

Hi, I live in NY so a front plate a needed. Well i'm going to fix the bumper holes that my dealer drilled but I'm just wondering what i should do with the front plate. I could always but the plate back on by using the holes in the bottom of the mounting bracket, but that bracket has casued scartches on the bumper from it's frame. I've seen people take the plate and put it in their front windsheild, or just keep it with them if a cop pulls them over. I've also seen people put the plate at the airdam part of the car, how would i do that. Any other ideas would be great. can i get a ticket if the car is parked without a front plate or do i have to be moving?
Old 11-09-2002, 03:47 PM
Suzuka Master

Re: ideas on front plate placement

Originally posted by PeterY
Hi, I live in NY so a front plate a needed. Well i'm going to fix the bumper holes that my dealer drilled but I'm just wondering what i should do with the front plate. I could always but the plate back on by using the holes in the bottom of the mounting bracket, but that bracket has casued scartches on the bumper from it's frame. I've seen people take the plate and put it in their front windsheild, or just keep it with them if a cop pulls them over. I've also seen people put the plate at the airdam part of the car, how would i do that. Any other ideas would be great. can i get a ticket if the car is parked without a front plate or do i have to be moving?
crush it then put it in the trunk

"yes officer i do have a front plate. i just recently got into an accident and just picked up my car a few days ago. the body shop forgot to put my front plate back on and as you can see that its pretty bent up i cant do so im on my way to the body shop to get this taken care of"

sidemarker
Old 11-09-2002, 03:56 PM
Revving at 9K...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I folded my front plate at the top and then fitting into the front air dam area. It works good, and all of my tags and the license number are shown very clearly, so the cops don't even look twice.

Cops in my area have nothing better to do than pull people over for this sh*t.
Old 11-09-2002, 04:14 PM
I miss my 03 CL-S :(

Received 445 Likes on 214 Posts
I've strategically placed my front plate in the trunk.
I was pulled over for speeding about a month ago, the cop stood in front of the car and everything... didn't even mention it.
He didn't really care. You can get a ticket if you're not moving... that's why it's called a 'non-moving' violation
Old 11-09-2002, 04:22 PM
Safety Car

under the trunk tray liner for me.
Old 11-09-2002, 10:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

Re: ideas on front plate placement

Originally posted by PeterY
I took off my front plate when I had the CL-S. Never got a ticket. On my TL-P I kept the front plate. Just turn the frame upside down and use zip ties to hold in place.
Old 11-10-2002, 10:55 AM
Instructor

I bought my sisters car in Cali and drove it to NY with no front plate. Then I registered the car there and never put the front plate on. its been 2 years now and the cops ain't said shit yet. And she lives in Queens. And this car screams please pull me over I'm a street racer. Silver Civic SI Hatch with Black Volks a CF hood and smoked lenses all around. I don't think there going to give you any problems. just say it was stolen or like the others said you had an accident
Old 11-10-2002, 11:34 AM
Drifting

I told the officer that one of the bolts had come out, so I took it off, and will get Acura to put it back on during my next service.. YMMV
Old 11-10-2002, 01:44 PM
Racer

i just left it at home haha. "what im missing a plate? are you sure mister police man. well oh my i think someone stole it. imma goto the dmv and get a new one."
Old 11-10-2002, 01:52 PM
Blown LS6!!

Re: Re: ideas on front plate placement

Originally posted by cl-driver
I took off my front plate when I had the CL-S. Never got a ticket. On my TL-P I kept the front plate. Just turn the frame upside down and use zip ties to hold in place.
That's what I did too. Drilled 2 holes under the lower grill. Didn't even need zip ties.
Old 11-10-2002, 02:09 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by CO-CL-S
I told the officer that one of the bolts had come out, so I took it off ...
Ya, I'm pretty sure officers have never heard that one
Old 11-10-2002, 02:52 PM
4dr & I like it that way

if you still want the plate on, just put it in upside down in the license plate holder, and screw that into the bumper upside down. theres 2 holes underneath the plastic in the bumper, right above the air damn, comes this way from the factory, not something the dealer adds (at least these are on the TL). i did this for awhile and then just took it off completely. i think it adds to much drag down there
Old 11-12-2002, 01:57 AM
Cruisin'

Front Plate

Unfortunately...you can get a ticket for having no plate on the front...even if it is parked! Also, knowledge to the fact that it is missing is an inexcusable defense. If you have knowledge that it is missing that constitutes a violation. So as "o snap its eric" had previously stated...

"what im missing a plate? are you sure mister police man. well oh my i think someone stole it. imma goto the dmv and get a new one."

That's your best defense!

2003 CL-S Nighthawk Black Pearl / Black Interior
Auto / 20% Tints & NO front License plate

Old 11-12-2002, 06:02 AM
Drifting

Re: Front Plate

Originally posted by legalace
Unfortunately...you can get a ticket for having no plate on the front...even if it is parked! Also, knowledge to the fact that it is missing is an inexcusable defense. If you have knowledge that it is missing that constitutes a violation. So as "o snap its eric" had previously stated...

"what im missing a plate? are you sure mister police man. well oh my i think someone stole it. imma goto the dmv and get a new one."

That's your best defense!

2003 CL-S Nighthawk Black Pearl / Black Interior
Auto / 20% Tints & NO front License plate

And if he writes a "fix it ticket" you have to pay for new plates?
Old 11-12-2002, 01:00 PM
Cruisin'

The cop will only write the ticket if he is a ball buster...you shouldn't even get one...but if you do...be fortunate that it is a "fix it ticket" The only thing you need to do to fix the problem...is to put the plate and bracket back on the car and take it to the nearest police station. They will sign off on the fixed equipment violation and that's all.

If he writes a regular ticket for missing plate...it unfortunately is not a fix it type of violation. Then you will have to tell the prosecuting attorney in traffic court that it fell off in your parking spot at work...the officer wrote you the ticket...that was your first knowledge of it missing...and subsequently you found it in your parking spot at work...and put it back on. Take a picture with the date and time...and the attorney will 98% of the time waive the violation.

It's not whether you are right or wrong...but how you play the game.