I will not market TL/CL kit to sell...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2002, 11:24 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will not market TL/CL kit to sell...

I've decided not to even consider making a mold for my TL/CL body kit to sell, period. I took a TL copyrighted kit, made it work on my CL, that does not make the kit to be my design to market/nor sell.
I do not have any legal grounds to stand on, and when Acura's legal team is thru w/ me, I'll be lucky to have any money left to eat instant noodle for the rest of my life

example: For the gun buffs, when Kahr (gun company) came out w/ the K9 gun, very similar design to Glock's design, Glock sued for millions

Hell, in these days of frivilous law suits, if U sneezed too loud, someone could sue U for hurting their ear drums

This is my self preservation instinct kicking in, and it's a lot stronger than my wish to make some $, and be an entrepreneur.
Old 03-23-2002, 03:53 PM
aka gimmesomesugar

That's cool with most of us...I guess. But, how about submitting detailed plans and instructions to the FAQ.
Old 03-23-2002, 04:41 PM
Racer

Originally posted by Satin Slayer
That's cool with most of us...I guess. But, how about submitting detailed plans and instructions to the FAQ.
The problem w/ that is that my body guy was already a little freakish of me posting pics while the car was under construction.
I've posted general details of what's involved to make the TL kit to work on the CL, I can't go into the specific details...

I can understand my body guy's thinking, it's kind of like "trade secrets", he did 80% of the fabrication even though I did all the R&D, help w/ 30% of the regular cutting, measuring & stuff, my inputs and approval every step of the way of what it needs to look like. But w/o his experience on fabrication, this TL kit would still be only in my mind & my photoshopped CL.

So I am sorry that I can't post all the specifics...
Old 03-23-2002, 04:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Satin Slayer
Yes, point taken and respected.
And I also agree with Satin Slayer about a D-I-Y set of instructions
Old 03-23-2002, 04:52 PM

Originally posted by CharlesNguyen

The problem w/ that is that my body guy was already a little freakish of me posting pics while the car was under construction.
I've posted general details of what's involved to make the TL kit to work on the CL, I can't go into the specific details...

I can understand my body guy's thinking, it's kind of like "trade secrets", he did 80% of the fabrication even though I did all the R&D, help w/ 30% of the regular cutting, measuring & stuff, my inputs and approval every step of the way of what it needs to look like. But w/o his experience on fabrication, this TL kit would still be only in my mind & my photoshopped CL.

So I am sorry that I can't post all the specifics...

Hey Charles, whats going on? Don't worry about it. You can email it to me @ djplems2@aol.com

Old 03-23-2002, 10:30 PM
4th Gear

Sorry, if I caused a issue post the idea of marketing it!

Are you still going to post the picture of your car when complete?
Old 03-24-2002, 12:28 AM
Racer

Originally posted by Dj-Darkness
Sorry, if I caused a issue post the idea of marketing it!

Are you still going to post the picture of your car when complete?
Of course I will post detailed pics of the completed project as promised

I will also post semi-detailed (except for fabrication specifics, can't break the trust I have w/ my body guy, cause if he found out by surfing this forum, he'll probably won't do any custom work for me) instructions / procedures of what is required to make a TL kit to fit a CL in the DIY FAQ section...

You can take the procedures to any well experienced body shop should be able to the same conversion for ya...