I might be selling my car :( ****ing moron cops

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 11:38 AM
Alpha Geek

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by redsly
Hey Artbran...

Here's a hypothetical situation for you to imagine...
You're driving on the highway in VERMONT (of all places) and you ask your buddy where all the 'Super Troopers' (Vermont State Police) are. Not only is it a Super Trooper, but it's a FEMALE Super Trooper... UH-Oh, you're in shit loud of trouble now!!! She then asks where you are going and why you are going so fast.
That could have been my ex wife...she is a VSP.

Was she short and really cute? If so that may have been her.

Super Troopers...great movie!
Old 11-29-2006, 11:45 AM
I'm here in spirit...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meow
Old 11-29-2006, 11:56 AM
how handsome I am

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Art, your insurance rates must be absolute shit. holy jesus.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:06 PM
Team Owner

Received 602 Likes on 419 Posts
Originally Posted by agranado
Art, your insurance rates must be absolute shit. holy jesus.
Thats the reason I watch my driving.

I got pulled over in January and got a ticket for the first time in 4 years. I fought it and won, but it cost me about $500. I can't afford that shit. Plus right now, my car insurance for both cars is less than $1800 and they are both fully covered.

Gotta watch that lead foot.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:29 PM
Got DEP???

Originally Posted by lumpulus
That could have been my ex wife...she is a VSP.

Was she short and really cute? If so that may have been her.

Super Troopers...great movie!
I remember her being short, but I don't know about cute. That was in either 2003 or the begining of 2004, so I'm not exactly sure. But it was very nice of her to let me go with a warning of 100+!
When she got out of the car my buddy said "You're screwed, it's chick... You're getting arrested Sly".
Old 11-29-2006, 12:31 PM
Got DEP???

Originally Posted by Lord Helmet
Meow

I just realized why you said that! HAHA!
Old 11-29-2006, 12:45 PM
Got DEP???

Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs
Thats the reason I watch my driving.

I got pulled over in January and got a ticket for the first time in 4 years. I fought it and won, but it cost me about $500. I can't afford that shit. Plus right now, my car insurance for both cars is less than $1800 and they are both fully covered.

Gotta watch that lead foot.
They can get pricey to fight, if you get a lawyer. Before I knew as much as I do now about the law, I got an OUI. That sucked... Anyways, had I known, I could have gotten it dropped in court since the Police Officer had told me that the only reason he pulled me over was that my buddy (who I was following because he was drunk and high and I didn't want him killing himself) spun his tires going around the corner and we both had Massachusetts plates! There was no legal reason for him to pull me over and I was told by lawyers and cops that it would have been thrown out of court if I would have said that... Live and learn...
The bullshit was that I have a slight stigmatism in both of my eyes and the cop said I failed the field sobriety test because of the stigmatic test they do (move the light in front of your eyes and watch for jumping), which they cannot do if you have a stigmatism (I have had it documented through the Military from years prior to it). Then the bastard had me bend my knees and lean my head back and to count to 30 in my head (one one thousand, two one thousand, etc.) and on the police report he wrote down that it was actually 35 seconds not 30!!! How the fuck does he figure it will be the same??? Anyways, I got a lawyer that cost me $2400 and he knew the D.A. or someone and had it dropped from criminal to Civil infraction (worked out great for me). I was a minor so I got out lucky! The only negative part of all of this is that when insurance companies pull my driving record, it says that my license got suspended 5 times from it... Three of those times were in a 30 day period... How the fuck could that happen??? Anyone? Exactly, it couldn't! It still shows up though and the insurance company has to put it on...

Anyways, I agree... Always fight it, it works out better!
Old 11-29-2006, 02:58 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

Originally Posted by lumpulus
THIS IS FLAT OUT NOT TRUE!!!!!!

Where the hell did you hear this? I bet from a cop, they love to mess with civilians.

The radar Police use is only able to track the largest return, and is very rudimentary as far a complexity goes. Anything more sophisticated would cost HUGE dollars, and would defeat the purpose of why tickets are written...Revenue Generation.

Also the more likely rerason the cop dropped the original poster's charge down and "gave him a break" is because the cop knew he was full of $h!t, and this way figures the poster will just pay the fine instead of fight the ticket.

ALWAYS fight a ticket. ALWAYS! Even if you're caught red handed.
I've gotten over 25 tickets, fought all of them, and only been convicted 3 times.
He's a volunteer officer. So I'm sure he has a pretty good idea of what goes on.