I was making the Type-s look bad this whole time!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2001, 03:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Before any of you have a "sh*t fit" over the unti working/not working. Be sure to run the revs up to just over 4000 rpm. Mine engages at about 4050-4100 rpm. If you stick you finger in the actuator with someone else pushing on the gas slowly, you can hear a click from the actuator and feel the movement with your finger.

BTW -- kind of hard to describe where to put finger, but I wanted to make sure that the cable was getting a pull.

(just a comment...)

------------------
Silver 2001 CL-S with NAVI
  • Mud guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Toyo T1S 235/45ZR17-97W* Proxies on 17x8" SSR Competition wheels (48lbs less than stock)
  • Kevlar/SS Brake lines w/Brembos?
  • Comptech headers & sways
  • Silver AEM CAI
  • 10 coats of Zaino magic
Old 05-19-2001, 07:52 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Note to Acura:

Please install special light inside instrument panel that lights up if actuator actually pulls on cable and forces micro-switch inside plenum to engage!

Call it the CL-S/CL-P driving mode indicator light.

When in CL-P mode, show picture of engine or car upside down. Reverse picture in CL-S mode.

-------------------------

I think they should just make it a sensor tie into the engine check light.

------------------
======================
CL-S Black
Old 05-19-2001, 08:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SquishyPoop:
I think they should just make it a sensor tie into the engine check light.
</font>

Well -- I think my attempt at humor got lost here. I'm sure they could tie the micro-switch into the OBDCII as one more "fault" indicator.

However, the thought of people buzzing around and coming back to the forum complaining about losing to a 325I (or something along similar lines) due to this failure, is really pathetic.

Just think of the ideas...

1. The CL-P converter (A small pair of clippers to cut the wires to the actuator).

2. The Rev-Cutter -- a combination of a throttle plate limiter and MIRC actuator valve shunt to prevent "others" (valets, bad-drivers, etc) from getting more than 100 HP to the ground.

------------------
Silver 2001 CL-S with NAVI
  • Mud guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Toyo T1S 235/45ZR17-97W* Proxies on 17x8" SSR Competition wheels (48lbs less than stock)
  • Kevlar/SS Brake lines w/Brembos?
  • Comptech headers & sways
  • Silver AEM CAI
  • 10 coats of Zaino magic
Old 05-20-2001, 08:08 AM
Advanced

AAAARRRRGGGGG!!!!!!!! man i knew my car felt slower after i got it back from my accident (and i raced wit my homeboy's type-R and he proved how slow my car was)

moral of my story is... KEEP READING THIS FORUM!!!! i might not reply much, but i always read up for important things like this. at first i thought it was because i needed to retorque my headers (which the dealership did, and said there were no leaks in the exhaust system)

man without you guys, i woulda thought it the accident just ruined my car forever... I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

------------------
'01 cl type-S black/black
mods (in order):
35% neutral smoke tint... cleared out headlights replaced with polarg m-14's and piaa 19169's... piaa 19169's in roadlamps, doorlights, maplights, trunk light, license plate light... mini-max hyperwhite domelight... comptech headers, springs, swaybars, and drop-in filter... infinity basslink subwoofer
Old 05-20-2001, 04:11 PM
Race Director

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by big-V:
AAAARRRRGGGGG!!!!!!!! man i knew my car felt slower after i got it back from my accident (and i raced wit my homeboy's type-R and he proved how slow my car was)

moral of my story is... KEEP READING THIS FORUM!!!! i might not reply much, but i always read up for important things like this. at first i thought it was because i needed to retorque my headers (which the dealership did, and said there were no leaks in the exhaust system)

man without you guys, i woulda thought it the accident just ruined my car forever... I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

</font>
i feel the same way, i thought i was just getting used to it, and it feels damn slower..

------------------
2001 CL-S
Black/Black
Moonroof Visor
35% Tint All Around
Black Wood Dash Kit
Sportswing spoiler
My Bitch
aka Deadly-CLs