I Fuggin' Give Up........

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 07:03 PM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I Fuggin' Give Up........

I took my car to DentBusters this morning to get 3 dings taken out of the car.....The guy said he had to take the wheels off....so I thought....NO BIG DEAL! I just got back from the gym only to find that all around the holes for the lug nuts have been stripped down to the bare metal!!!!.....all around the edges is starting to flake and peel off. OF COURSE....theres nothing they can do, I signed off saying that I was satisfied with the work, and even if they could.....I'd have to send the wheels away and they'd probably never match the other side....so........ONCE AGAIN...I'm fucked!!! This shit is only gonna get worse...especially once water starts getting under it What should I do....or is the pusuit of maintaining a mint daily drive impossible!
Old 06-16-2003, 07:07 PM
The Third Ball

Received 5,105 Likes on 2,708 Posts
Well in LA ive come to the conclusion its damn near impossible.
people just suck.
Old 06-16-2003, 07:13 PM
Lone Wolf

Received 498 Likes on 399 Posts
This also happened to my wheels when they put them on. My brother also got his scratched at a different shop. Seems like it happens alot. Those damn fuckers aren't the least bit careful. Wish they gave a fuck.
Old 06-16-2003, 07:15 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who would ever notice that one side didn't perfectly match the other? You can only see one side at a time. I say get them to pay for the fix, and if you're really anal, you pay to have the opposite side 2 done to match.
Old 06-16-2003, 07:18 PM
Fuct in the hed!

They won't pay for them!!!
Old 06-16-2003, 07:20 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
I ordered new So3's from Big-O. I repeated over and over, DON'T SCRATCH MY RIMS ! She told me not to worry, I then told the service guy......MAKE SURE THEY DON'T SCRATCH MY RIMS......no problem sir !
Low and behold, they guy comes out to tell me they scratched one rim ! He offered a new one ! Point is......CUSTOMER SERVICES SUCKS IN THIS COUNTRY !!!!!!!! I feel your pain !
Old 06-16-2003, 07:35 PM
Moderator Alumnus

damn dude

I was pissed too when discount did the same to me on my brand new rims. They just did it with little or no regard for scratching up the lug nut holes.

Only time can heal your problem. Unless you feel like shiiping them off again.
Old 06-16-2003, 08:07 PM
Revving at 9K...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sucks!!!

that crap happened to me too at the body shop, there air tools are too strong for torqueing the lug nuts for our rims... Luckly they didn't damage my C5, but they did manage to shatter my socket for the special lug nuts I have....
Old 06-16-2003, 09:49 PM
Fuct in the hed!

I'm thinkin' of getting new wheels....or seeing about getting these wheels re-done in the Chicago land area!
Old 06-16-2003, 10:01 PM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
guarantee they used an impact wrench on your car. NEVER let anyone use an impact wrench on your wheels. They aren't smooth like most socket wrenches and will rip the shit out of your rims. This is why I dread taking my car to the shop for work to be done...always something f'd up when i get it back...trading one problem for another.
Old 06-16-2003, 10:19 PM
Fuct in the hed!

I really don't feel like dropping another $1000-$1500 for wheels. Maybe dfreder370 will re-shoot my wheels
Old 06-17-2003, 05:12 PM
Drifting

I will do them gladly for no charge, and I will even go out on a limb and predict that Nicky will be DEEEEEEEEELIGHTED at the results.

For the rest of you out there, just so you know, nicky and I are practically neighbors, and I powder coat for a living. The no charge thing goes for all members of Acura-cl.com. I get all my paint for free, and because of powder coating being an electrically thrown paint, it is terribly efficient. Something really difficult to paint with liquid paint, like a wire wheel, might take an entire ten seconds with powder coating. It's a breeze.
Old 06-17-2003, 05:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by dfreder370
I will do them gladly for no charge, and I will even go out on a limb and predict that Nicky will be DEEEEEEEEELIGHTED at the results.

For the rest of you out there, just so you know, nicky and I are practically neighbors, and I powder coat for a living. The no charge thing goes for all members of Acura-cl.com. I get all my paint for free, and because of powder coating being an electrically thrown paint, it is terribly efficient. Something really difficult to paint with liquid paint, like a wire wheel, might take an entire ten seconds with powder coating. It's a breeze.
hmm i think that is a great offer but you might regret it when half the people on this board start sending you their wheels

sidemarker
Old 06-17-2003, 05:16 PM
Full-Time IDIoT---DoH!!!

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by dfreder370

can u powercoat something like a polish/hyper mettalic finish onto a rim? is that possible? I may be interested
Old 06-17-2003, 06:20 PM
Drifting

Unsure: I have a powder coating that is called "chrome" in the industry, but it really isn't. Pewter is more like it. It is silvery, not a metalflake, but has what is called a "leafed aluminum" that floats to the surface after heating. This stuff will tarnish if it is not recoated again with a clear powder coating.

There is a fantastic technology that perfectly mimicks chrome. I cannot reproduce it, because I do not have a vacuum deposition chamber big enough to fit our wheels. But I had it done to mine. It costs $500 for four wheels, and you must ship them to Pitsburg, california to have it done, but I did it, and I am completely satisfied with the results.

The steps are 1: apply base powder coating and cure. 2: vapor deposition; wheel is placed in a vacuum chamber and anodes of nickle and chrome are vaporized, and then chrome only is vaporized. 3: apply a clear powder coating topcoat to protedt the chrome from corroding.

You can view these wheels at www.goodrichtechnology.com Click on the permastar tag to view the pics. Mine are the black pearl ones. I like them so much, I am trying to trade my non navi silver satin 03CLS6 for a 03CLS6 with navi in anthricite. Let me know what you think of them.