How low can an Acura dealer go? (Long)

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2001, 01:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How low can an Acura dealer go? (Long)

Following is a post history from the MDX forum. It's self-explanatory. I'm not involved in any way but Sierra Acura's behavior just pushed me over the edge. Not because they're manipulating MDX pricing because most dealers are, but because of their blatantly impersonating someone else on a forum. If any of you in CA are dealing with them (or potentially dealing with them) you should read the whole post. Unbelievable.

--------------
Post Number 1
--------------
FatBoyMDX

As some of you may know, I ordered my MDX on May 22nd from Sierra Acura of Alhambra, CA. I know that no one on the board recommends Sierra, but I decided to go with them because the salesman seemed straightforward. Now I know I should listen to this board. DON'T go to Sierra Acura. Check it out:

- First time I went in, the salesman told me NO FORCED Accessories. I was told everyone else in the area was forcing Accessories, but not them (Which I really didn't believe). I verified with him over, and over - no accessories - I had Tim in mind. ...

- Second time we went in, we made a deposit, but just before we did, he told us they required Mud Guards, Wheel Locks, and Protection Pacakge for a total of around 895. My wife and I were both a bit miffed about this, but we figured we could negotiate out of it. On our order, we specified no accessories. I even told him about Tim. However, we were a bit suspicious, so we looked around and put a deposit at another dealer just in case.

- Today, I stop by the dealer to get an update. He sits me down and tells me this sob story about the owner of the dealership wanting to give my car to his cousin and this arugument he has with his dealer about forced accessories. He then pretty much tells me that they require $1000 in accessories and that I misunderstood him. I noticed that he has written on the bottom of the form "Accessories to be selected at time of delivery." We asked for our deposit back.

What a terrible way to do business. I was optimistic that this dealership would be good, or at least this guy would be, but what terrible business practices. The worst part is that the dealer will be able to turn around and sell to another customer. They could care less about me, the customer.

Tomorrow, I'll be going to pick up the check and leaving a printout of this posting with the url. So post away those of you who have tried Sierra Acura, and I'll leave them with a piece of our mind. Also, let me know of any other sites out there - for TL's, etc. I'm dragging their name through the mud!

------------
Post Number 2
------------

phatmdx

I am so happy with Sierra Acura of Alhambra. I picked up my MDX today, and can't be happier. The sales staff were professional and friendly. Unlike other dealerships, I was able to choose my own desired accessories. I chose the running boards and woodkit, it's beautiful. Why wouldn't anybody want to accessorized such a beautiful investment. If you're gonna spend $40,000 on an SUV, with touring and navigation whats a couple of accessories. Other dealerships I've been to, load up their MDX with tons of accessories, but at Sierra I choose them, and they put it on just the way I like it. Spread the word, Sierra is the best dealer to buy your MDX.

-------------
Post Number 3
-------------

BarryH

Do you think we are all stupid? That blatant "infomercial" for Sierra only reinforces the position so well articulated by the real FatBoyMDX that you're a really lousy dealership. Now in addition to looking shady, you also look childish. Instead of cooking up Internet defense mechanisms for your dealership, perhaps you should focus more on delivering value to your customers. The latter would mitigate the need for the former. I have an MDX and a TL-S purchased in NJ making me a significant Acura customer. I know that Acura doesn't exert a lot of control over it's dealers but this post has so incensed me I think I'll drop Dick Colliver a line to share with him how low some of the distributors of his products are willing to go. You’re truly pond-scum.
Old 07-07-2001, 05:48 PM
watch the weather change

Location: Houston, TX - Uhhh, now what y'all know bout them Texas boys, Comin down in candied toys, smokin wee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think that every state needs a park ave acura... i know i wish we had one down here.
Old 07-07-2001, 05:53 PM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah so far Rosenthal in Gaithersburg has been really good and I even have a mod-installation hookup.

I guess we're just lucky to have a decent dealer, considering some of the horror stories we've seen posted here.

-J