How do I adjust the ride height on my Tein SS Coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 08:15 PM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
How do I adjust the ride height on my Tein SS Coilovers?

After scraping time after time going into work I decided I need to raise the coilovers up a notch (they're at a 2" drop in the front, 1.75" in the rear) ... Sucks because I don't scrape at all on normal speed bumps, just the stupid security ones they have at work.

Anyways, I read through the Tein SS instructions and they aren't written very well at all ... Does anyone have a good DIY on how to do this? I know it isn't too hard, but I'd like to be able to see what I'm doing before I goto actually do it. Thanks!
Old 06-05-2003, 08:21 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It takes a few times to figure it out, but think of it this way, the two big "screws/turn dials" or whatever they call those, they oppose eachother as far as how they turn. That way they use the force to keep the car at the height. So basically you have to turn one of those one way and the other the other way.
Old 06-05-2003, 11:17 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
just loosen them and turn them. voila
Old 06-05-2003, 11:27 PM
foolio at heart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once you have the wheel off. You'll notice two collars that are locked together. First thing I would do is get a sharpie and mark the top collar to show a start point for adjustment. Use the supplied tein wrenches to loosen them from each other. Keep one collar stationary while loosing the other. I usually loosen the lower collar while leaving the top alone. At this point start lowering the top collar w/the adjustment wrench. Count how many times the collar makes a full turn (count how many times you see the red mark that you made w/the sharpie). Remember how many turns you lowered the collar so that when you go do the other side they end up w/an even drop. So if you go 4 turns down on the right rear make sure you do the same on the left side. Once you drop the car to the desired height. Tighten the collars back by using the wrenches again. Make sure you get the collars nice and snug. This is a simplified instruction on how to adjust the height. Hope it helps you out.
Old 06-06-2003, 05:06 PM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Well, just lowered the ride height ... Was surprised to find that the rear wheels were so off! Left one was at 13" and the right one was at around 12.7"! (measuring from the center of the wheel up to the fender).

I raised it up about 0.25" in the front, and 0.5" in the rear, so hopefully I'll stop hitting the stupid speed bumps at work now!