Houston CL owners - Service question?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2002, 12:37 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Houston CL owners - Service question?

I have been getting my work done at John Eagle, been satsified w/ everything there, but got a mailer from Gillman w/ cheaper prices (obviously). Have a few pros and cons on the other area dealers from prior experience w/ family & friends, I am wondering if anyone out there has a preference on where to get service done in H-town.
Old 06-06-2002, 01:16 PM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
John Eagle is the way to go.

cnatra (or something like that) had some issue with Gillman.
Old 06-06-2002, 01:27 PM
Cruisin'

Will try out Sterling McCall tomorrow, will let y'all know how they do.
Old 06-06-2002, 01:50 PM
Pro

Yeah, I bought my car at Gillman & based on my recent experience there trying to get my IMRC Actuator fixed(this week, do a search) I will be driving over to John Eagle next. I guess when my tranny completely fails.
Old 06-06-2002, 03:06 PM
Racer

Well i am the loyal customer to Sterling Mccall, cuz i never had any problem with them, nothing at all... my car at 17500 miles now, and they know i have mod. but never say a word.... UNTIL recently, they refuse to change my brake pads and rotors, so we kinda exchanged words, so now i am thinking to go John Eagle...

Gillman, I seriously do not have good words for them, cuz Gillman sucks, period. NO matter their Acura, Honda, or Mits... I had all those cars, and their service are far from perfection. Imgaine, my cousin brought her car in for service, and somehow, the whole tool box dropped ontop of her car... YES, they did fix it, but isnt that a little culmsy? thats really some unessessary fix! and plus MANY more bad words for them, so i will try to avoid gillman as much as possible....

BTW, my car is due for 20,000miles oil change soon...
Old 06-06-2002, 04:36 PM
Retired. Not available.

John Eagle replaced the pads and resurfaced the rotors after a pulsation feeling complain. No bitching and nagging needed.
Old 06-06-2002, 05:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Bad experiences..

I have had countless bad experiences with Sterling Macall, unfortunately (from my opinion) service went to hell after the name change. I used to goto Acura Southwest religously, and even bought my car there.

Unfortunately the refusal to get rid of the 'Maintenace Required' light was the last straw with them, since it wasn't specified because I didn't go in to get the service done for what it was calling for (I have different tires so no need to pay for it I felt) they refused to reset it for me. I'm not going to mention the names of any service advisors, but it was an older gentleman, and i'll leave it at that.

The whole incident with the transmission and not initially wanting to replace it at 27k was when the ball started rolling (I should have known it was going to go downhill from there).

Needless to say I would advise against service there, and have heard to many negative things about Gillman dealerships (Honda tends to come to mind).

John Eagle is the way to go.
Old 06-09-2002, 08:46 PM
Cruisin'

Sterling McCall's service was OK I thought. People there seemed a little more courteous as well. Offered same services as John Eagle for a little less $$. They felt a vibration under braking on the test drive, told me there was an update for the brakes, and turned the rotors and replaced the brake pads under warranty at n/c. Even offered me a loaner at that point, thinking I was in a hurry, though I didn't buy the car there and I only waited an extra 25 min. Extra time to see the steady flow of hotties through the place.

As a sidebar on bad service, my dad told me of a friend of his who took his 911 to North Freeway Porsche Audi (this is way back in the day.) Only needing an oil change, some flunkie ran into the ddor w/ a parts cart. Agreeing to remedy the situation, they repainted the door, then someone thoroughly buffed the ENTIRE CAR. I guess the guy didn't care for the nice swirly pattern as he raised enough hell to get them to replace it with a brand new targa. I guess the moral is expect the unexpected.
Old 06-10-2002, 12:10 AM
Three Wheelin'

I posted this before..but if you are going to the dealer for WARRANTY service, this go to the dealer since it'll be free (well not free since you paid for it already with your car). But if you're going to the dealer for MAINTENANCE (ei. stuffs that you need done and you will have to pay out of pocket), shoot me an email or call 713-822-5644. I'll hook you up with an Acura certified Master Mechanic with 10 years of experience....he'll take care of you and will charge you much lower than the dealer would...yes, he works for the dealer so if you bring your car into the dealer, your car will end up with him anyways.
He's the guy who I was hooked up by another friend and has been with him eversince. He worked on all stuffs on my Integras and now this new Acura...