Honda Inspire compatible accesories, need some info-

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 08:26 AM
DC Cruiser

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Honda Inspire compatible accesories, need some info-

Tomorrow I'll be arriving in Okinawa, and spending 20 days in Japan. I will without question visit some car accesory/performance stores as they are CRAZY over there, but have a question...

What accesories should I consider purchasing for my CL-s that can come off a Honda Inspire (2nd gen version, TL for Japan)? Or, any accesories otherwise available in Japan from Honda that will work with my CL?

Currently, I'm in Beijing and was hoping to see some Inspires driving around with/without accesories (or ANY modded/accesorized cars), but have had no luck.

I know many accesories are not compatible from TL to CL, but do you know of any compatible accesories, even from the previous body accord coupe?

I won't be checking this board too frequently in the next day, but will check as soon as I have access to the internet in Naha. I will be travelling up through Kyoto and Tokyo, and can order accesories/parts in advance.

Thanks for your help guys.
Old 07-02-2004, 07:50 PM
COME AT ME BRO!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
shit i wish i was going to japan. i would never come back girls cars food crazy culture. and skylines sliviaz and cool ass electronics...... damm i wanna move there p.s grab my a inspire emblem... haha have an awsome trip.
Old 07-02-2004, 08:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
Hey greyjhu,

You're writing this in the wrong place ... A-TL has all the info for the Honda Inspire (aka Acura TL). Since there is no such thing as an Acura CL outside of North America, your 'Inspire conversion' is not a true conversion. You won't see any UA5 body types anywhere except Japan (Honda Inspire) or North America (as the TL) -- that's why you didn't see any in China / rest of Asia.

I would imagine the parts from the Inspire that would fit the CL would be the INSPIRE trunk lettering (not the "H" badge), 'Honda of America' badge that goes on the C-pillar, 'Modulo' badging (goes on the side skirts), turn blinkers (that go on the sides of the car near the front wheel wells) and any interior parts (footwell lighting, 'Honda of America' shift knob, steering wheel) that you might like. I doubt the door sills will fit and definitely not the rain guards (that go around the windows).

Good luck with your search in Japan for parts. I hope you (or someone you know) have a command of the Japanese language. My friend who went to Japan visited a dealership for parts but only got a few items because he could not describe the parts appropriately. If you know the part # (honda access part #) then you can order what you want. I don't know any of the part # so you'll need to know how to describe the parts clearly.
Old 07-03-2004, 06:06 PM
DC Cruiser

Originally Posted by derrick
Hey greyjhu,

You're writing this in the wrong place ... A-TL has all the info for the Honda Inspire (aka Acura TL). Since there is no such thing as an Acura CL outside of North America, your 'Inspire conversion' is not a true conversion. You won't see any UA5 body types anywhere except Japan (Honda Inspire) or North America (as the TL) -- that's why you didn't see any in China / rest of Asia.

I would imagine the parts from the Inspire that would fit the CL would be the INSPIRE trunk lettering (not the "H" badge), 'Honda of America' badge that goes on the C-pillar, 'Modulo' badging (goes on the side skirts), turn blinkers (that go on the sides of the car near the front wheel wells) and any interior parts (footwell lighting, 'Honda of America' shift knob, steering wheel) that you might like. I doubt the door sills will fit and definitely not the rain guards (that go around the windows).

cool, Ⅰdo not want to post in a-tl cuz they won:t  know much about the cl.

seen lots of skylinegt-r and silvias.

This keyboard isdriving menuts,itiseasiertotypeall at once.

dotherearelectronicshadesfit the clfromthe inspire ?
Old 07-03-2004, 06:15 PM
DC Cruiser

well, just found out a tyPHOON Is creating swells and wind not allowing scuba today (in okinawa) so i can expand on my comments i wrote a minute ago.

i will by a honda dealer and see what accesories they have. I am interested in looking into footwell lighting and a rear shade, and am not sure if the side mirrors are different tint.

once i find what is available i:ll let you know, but if you have any suggestions shoot them my way.]

I was thinking of getting some 8500k or 10k d2r bulbs, strictly for fun from an accesories shop. I have the 6000k philips, but want some bulbs just for driving around town, looking cool. I saw someone on a-tl with the 10k bulbs, anyone have any thoughts? I here that the ballasts will not support the 10k, but why not?? as long as the bulbs are 35watt, I don:t see the problem. Just like metal halide and HPs lights, as longs the wattage is the same, the different color temperatures (veryblue/white to amber) will not affect the ballast.
Old 07-04-2004, 09:57 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
One guy over at the A-TL board (BlackShadow) put 10k bulbs with OEM ballasts and they work ... don't recommend keeping them on all the time but they do work.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the sunshade! They are nice ... I got tints otherwise I would have got the sunshade.

Have fun in Japan!