Hmmm No CAI. Intersting.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2001, 01:26 AM
FvCK KNvCKLE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm No CAI. Intersting.

Well, my xephyr CAI has yet to ship as promised TWICE. It's still in "manifest pickup". What to do next, what to do next {scratches head)......

Oh Yeah! Time to shut it down. Tomorrow is going to be a very busy day.

I edited this because I should not have posted the line that was here originally. My apologizes to Chris for the personal statement. However, I will continue to act upon my rights as a consumer.
------------------
- The sum of the intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.

01 Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
Dunlop SP5000 215/50/17
Navigation-Spoiler-Muds-Wheel locks-35% Tint-PIAA wedges-V1 and remote

[This message has been edited by Rock Dog (edited 05-30-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Rock Dog (edited 05-31-2001).]
Old 05-31-2001, 01:40 AM
Team Owner

Chris sure has the uncanny ability to go from ZERO to HERO to ZERO quickly around here.

Shawn S

------------------
Make me an offer….It’s FOR SALE when the 6-Speed MANUAL comes out, I HATE the SLUSH SHIFT !!!

2001 CL Type S - NAV - San Marino RED / Parchment - Spoiler - 35% Tint - Roof Visor - PIAA Lamps
GOLD Emblems & Grill - V1 w/remote - KICKER AMP w/(2) 10" Alumapro Subs - Xephyr CAI - Shine by ZAINO
For Photos see: PAGE 1 PAGE 2 PAGE 3 PAGE 4 V1 & SUBS
Old 05-31-2001, 01:55 AM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah well I'm going from ZERO CAI to INSTALLED CAI if everything magically works out at the June 9th meet up at Park Ave.

At the worst I'll have the CAI riding in the passenger seat on the ride back where I can grab it and wave it at cars and shout "SEE WHAT I COULD BE USING TO BEAT YOU RIGHT NOW?! CONSIDER YOURSELF LUCKY!!!"

-J

------------------
2001 CL-S Aegean Blue/black interior spoiler, wheel locks, no-navi
Stock for now.
50% tint sides, 35% back.
Old 05-31-2001, 02:10 AM
Racer

Hey Rock Dog, trust me, he'll come around. He seems like a respectable person, he just might be swamped with a lot of work. I know it's probably not an excuse, but I'm sure you'll be getting it soon. Good luck! And remember grasshopper, Patience is a Virtue.....

------------------
01 white/ebony CL-S
Pewter Xephyr CAI
PIAA's 19224
Old 05-31-2001, 02:20 AM
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rock Dog:
Well, my xephyr CAI has yet to ship as promised TWICE. It's still in "manifest pickup". What to do next, what to do next {scratches head)......

Oh Yeah! Bury that FUCK, and his lame ass business. Gotta get some sleep now. Tomorrow is going to be a very busy day.

</font>
If everyone doesn't know already I will tell you now. If you want a intake in less than 30 days then get a AEM or something other than Xepyhr CAI.

------------------
Mustang Killa
Old 05-31-2001, 03:11 AM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Or get one at Park Ave Acura!

-J

------------------
2001 CL-S Aegean Blue/black interior spoiler, wheel locks, no-navi
Stock for now.
50% tint sides, 35% back.
Old 05-31-2001, 08:32 AM
FvCK KNvCKLE

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shawn S:
Chris sure has the uncanny ability to go from ZERO to HERO to ZERO quickly around here.

Shawn S

</font>
I gave him a chance after it appeared he had gotten it together. But at no time, and I mean NO TIME. Has he been a hero.

He does not deserve the respect, loyalty, or business provided him by this or any other forum.

------------------
- The sum of the intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.

01 Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
Dunlop SP5000 215/50/17
Old 05-31-2001, 08:42 AM
FvCK KNvCKLE

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CLS16:
Hey Rock Dog, trust me, he'll come around. He seems like a respectable person, he just might be swamped with a lot of work. I know it's probably not an excuse, but I'm sure you'll be getting it soon. Good luck! And remember grasshopper, Patience is a Virtue.....

</font>

First he blows off the ship date. Then he sends me a tracking number that he never intended to honor. Anyone can call for a "manifest pickup". I had every intention of being patient from the outset. 2 times he set ship dates, 2 times I planned a block of time around a weekend, for install. 2 times he blew it off.

Swamped is no longer an excuse. There are many who support this flake. And many who are within driving distance. If you meet that criteria, and want to continue to make excuses for him. Then go over to his palce and help him out of the goodness of your heart.

------------------

01 Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
Dunlop SP5000 215/50/17
Old 05-31-2001, 08:44 AM
FvCK KNvCKLE

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WebToker:
If everyone doesn't know already I will tell you now. If you want a intake in less than 30 days then get a AEM or something other than Xepyhr CAI.

</font>
Oh, he lives. An email and 2 phone calls, in reponse to your request to contact me. I have heard nothing from you either.

------------------

01 Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
Dunlop SP5000 215/50/17

Old 05-31-2001, 08:55 AM
Three Wheelin'

Why didn't ya get it from Park Ave????

------------------
2001 Silver 3.2CLS
Muds, Spoiler, Hardwire 8500, Polarg M-6 lamps, K&N filter #33-2178,
Comptech Headers, Sways, mufflers
Planning: SSR 17X7.5 GT1 Wheels, Brembo Brakes.
Old 05-31-2001, 09:11 AM
FvCK KNvCKLE

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tel1sps:
Why didn't ya get it from Park Ave????
</font>
Because when I ordered it, it looked like he (Chris), had finally extracted his head from his ass. My intention was to go through him, giving him all the profit. Instead of cutting it with a middle man.

------------------

01 Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
Dunlop SP5000 215/50/17
Old 05-31-2001, 09:24 AM
Three Wheelin'

Because when I ordered it, it looked like he (Chris), had finally extracted his head from his ass. My intention was to go through him, giving him all the profit. Instead of cutting it with a middle man.

</font>
It appears that Park ave is selling the cai's mail order to help prevent this situation. Chris knew he needed a middle man to provide quality customer service.

------------------
2001 Silver 3.2CLS
Old 05-31-2001, 09:34 AM
FvCK KNvCKLE

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tel1sps:
It appears that Park ave is selling the cai's mail order to help prevent this situation. Chris knew he needed a middle man to provide quality customer service.

</font>

That specific information was never posted, and I was not told that was an option.

------------------

01 Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
Dunlop SP5000 215/50/17

Old 05-31-2001, 10:15 AM
Three Wheelin'

I should add that this is my understanding after the last 100 posts about this....

Chris or Wayne should comment on this.

------------------
2001 Silver 3.2CLS
Old 05-31-2001, 11:16 AM
Racer

This March I ordered innocently from Chris and less than a week I saw all kinds of postings like right now regarding the poor customer service. I immediately cancelled the order and went with AEM. I received the AEM within a week. Considered that it came from CA, I thought that was great service. Since then, I saw complaints in the board very month about Xephyr for the unsuspecting guys. This situation will continue unless we put a stop to it for the future members.
Old 05-31-2001, 11:23 AM
Racer

Honeslty if this has become such a big problem for you, then I suggest you just cancel your order and order it through Park Ave. I'm sure they'll deliver it to where ever you live. I personally went to Park Ave. and picked mine up, not that I didn't trust Chris, but I just wanted it right away.

------------------
01 white/ebony CL-S
Pewter Xephyr CAI
PIAA's 19224
Old 05-31-2001, 12:03 PM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

I musta hit mine at the right time. I ordered it and two weeks later there it sat. I have been and still am a Chris supporter and I think he does not have a dishonest bone in his body. There must be a reason for all this and I'm not sure what it is. I know he doesn't l;ike to be threatened and I know he is not doing this on purpose. I also know that Park Avenue is selling them for the same price and they have most colors in stock according to Wayne. G. JMO, No flames please. *dons flame retardant suit complete with underwear*

------------------
01 CL-S NightHawk Black/Ebony Bowling Ball Interior
Xephyr CAI
Polarg M6
Solaris 9005
Cupholder Ver 2.0 Part#77237-SOK-A02

gto2050 - The voice of absolutely no reason whatsoever!
Old 05-31-2001, 12:29 PM
FvCK KNvCKLE

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gto2050:
I know he doesn't l;ike to be threatened and I know he is not doing this on purpose.

</font>
First of all I don't threaten! Chris seems to be the only entity protected from critisicm in this forum. Dealers can be slammed, mechanics and service managers torn apart. There are even those who are ripped based solely on the fact that they decided to choose a different automobile .

On average you're experience is not normal.
He has my money, he promised shipping TWICE, and I have nothing. I find it interesting that the 2 mmembers who have supported him this morning are within the same state boundries. He should stick to being a regional, local business.

------------------

01 Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
Dunlop SP5000 215/50/17
Old 05-31-2001, 12:32 PM
FvCK KNvCKLE

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CLS16:
Honeslty if this has become such a big problem for you, then I suggest you just cancel your order. </font>
The order HAS been canceled. Now it time to ensure the prompt return of my money.

Don't forget folks. I AM THE consumer here. Read most of your own posts regarding poor customer service, before throwing stones.

------------------

01 Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
Dunlop SP5000 215/50/17
Old 05-31-2001, 12:43 PM
Racer

The order HAS been canceled. Now it time to ensure the prompt return of my money.

Don't forget folks. I AM THE consumer here. Read most of your own posts regarding poor customer service, before throwing stones.

</font>
I guess it's different because I'm not in the same shoes as you, so I guess I can understand your dissatisfaction. I'm sure you'll get your money back. The reason I support him is because I haven't had a problem with him, his product or his customer service, but you haven't experienced the same so you are totally entitled to be pissed off. Hope everything works out with whichever CAI you go with.

------------------
01 white/ebony CL-S
Pewter Xephyr CAI
PIAA's 19224
Old 05-31-2001, 01:34 PM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

That would go for me too, Rock. I have met him in person and he is a yo0ung cocky guy that seems to love auto's and what can be done with them. You're right about being the same state but Fotis (fzbakos)is in Minnesota and he has been the biggest supporter. I know you're impatient and I would be too. I thought seriously about now ordering when I saw all the issues from Feb orders. I'm not sure I would run my company the same way but he did okay by me and eventually, the operative word here, he will by you too. He makes a great product and it's a great value but customer service is lacking. He is aware of this and I believe that's why he is starting to use Park Avenue Acura as a local source. He did this at the same time that I ordered. Subconciously, I'm thinking WTF? He is shipping Park Avenue before me? Then mine showed up the next day.

------------------
01 CL-S NightHawk Black/Ebony Bowling Ball Interior
Xephyr CAI
Polarg M6
Solaris 9005
Cupholder Ver 2.0 Part#77237-SOK-A02

gto2050 - The voice of absolutely no reason whatsoever!
Old 05-31-2001, 02:15 PM
Advanced

</font>
Rock Dog, I was in your same situation not long ago, and agree with you. Chris refused to contact me after an email saying the check was on it's way, and whenever he did answer the phone, he would offer up excuses for his lack of response. It took 2 months to get my check from him, hopefully you will have better luck.

Generally speaking, the folks that hold Chris in such high regard are geographically closest to him. Bottom line: A good product does not make up for bad service. I will not make the same mistake again.

------------------
2001 White/Ebony CL-S w/ Comptech headers, 19169, mud flaps, winter mats and wheel locks.