HIT AND RUN!!!! :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2001, 09:42 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HIT AND RUN!!!! :(

Was involved in an accident with my CL-S today Some guy in a old Nissan Pathfinder went through a yeild on green cutting in front of 4 on comming lanes causing everyone to slam on their breaks. Unfortunately I never saw him coming from where I was until he was right in front of me. I slammed on my breaks and steered twoards the the left and ended hitting his rear end with my right front. Stupid guy stopped at first then drove off. I immediately tried to drive and find him but he was heading in the opposite direction that I was facing. I also managed to called the police and their dispatchers convinced me to pull over and wait for them instead of driving around looking for him.

So as the result I have bumper cover, hood, right front quarter panel, xenon light, side marker lights that will need to be replaced and also a scuffed up tire and scratched rim that I will want replaced.

Anyone in the NOVA area recommend any good body shops? I had a car fixed at Fairfax Imports (the body shop that Fairfax Honda uses) once and wasn't really thrilled with the results.

Also any advice on getting my claims adjuster to replace my tire and wheel that aren't really in horrible shape, but aren't in perfect shape either? My insurance is through progressive.

One last thing... for people that have made this type of claim before (hit and run) did your insurance company give you a break on the deducatble? Mine is $500 for collision!!!

Thanks guys!
Old 04-08-2001, 10:15 PM
Instructor

Progressive will give you breaks on the deductible. I had them at first on this car but decided to cancel them and to hell with their $50 cancellation fee. They can sue me for it.
I had someone back in to me about 6 days after I bought the car. Progressive gave me an estimate of $1200 with my $500 deductible would mean $700 they would have to pay. The Acura dealer sent me to a shop that happened to be one of Progressive's shop's and they quoted $2200.
Seem's Progressive forgot to add little thing's like: They accounted for an A/C line but didnt add for new refrigerant or labor for that work. Also they put repair for the hood when it clearly had a crease in it. And thirdly that had put new paint for the hood but had nothing for blending the fender's or bumper to match. I know it's kinda dark but you can see the little dent. Also the outside of the light isnt cracked but inside you can see the broken housing and reflector's.
I would drop them at once and get insurance at www.esurance.com

------------------
Sundance Gold
Comptech spring's
Still waiting for my car audio system to arrive
M-10 Blinder for sale/trade
V1-Remote for sale
Old 04-08-2001, 10:25 PM
Race Director

Kill two birds with one stone: http://www.carclub.com/

10% discount on all your gasoline and covers your insurance deductible (after 90 days).

Yes, there's a montly fee but gasoline is going to skyrocket this summer.

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor * V1 *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *
Old 04-08-2001, 11:20 PM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kensteele:
Kill two birds with one stone: http://www.carclub.com/

10% discount on all your gasoline and covers your insurance deductible (after 90 days).

Yes, there's a montly fee but gasoline is going to skyrocket this summer.

</font>
Yup, I use carclub.com for gas. saves me a bunch. Also my dad has these 8cents off coupons for premiuem and he uses carclub.com so on avearge if gas is 1.60 he get 10%+8 cents so he only pays 1.36 for a gallon.

prety good huh?

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers, Comptech Sways, Eurolite Xenon Crystal high beams.
me.

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load. preheader.
Old 04-09-2001, 12:42 AM
Racer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CRAZEDLUNI:
Progressive will give you breaks on the deductible. I had them at first on this car but decided to cancel them and to hell with their $50 cancellation fee. They can sue me for it.
I had someone back in to me about 6 days after I bought the car. Progressive gave me an estimate of $1200 with my $500 deductible would mean $700 they would have to pay. The Acura dealer sent me to a shop that happened to be one of Progressive's shop's and they quoted $2200.
Seem's Progressive forgot to add little thing's like: They accounted for an A/C line but didnt add for new refrigerant or labor for that work. Also they put repair for the hood when it clearly had a crease in it. And thirdly that had put new paint for the hood but had nothing for blending the fender's or bumper to match.
</font>

Man... if that amount of damage was $2200 then mine is going to be like $6000. The front right quarter panel looks like a crumpled peice of aluminum and the hood doesn't look so good either.

Also... what are you saying about progressive and how they handle their claims? I've never had a claim through them yet. Last time I had to make a claim I took the car to a body shop, they quoted me a price, insurance company cut me a check for that price. Are you saying progressive cuts you the check ahead of time? Also what kinda break did you get on the deductable?

Anyone else have any recommendations for a body shop in northern virginia?

Old 04-09-2001, 01:44 PM
Burning Brakes

It's gonna be expensive I'll tell you that. I think the headlight is over $500 alone. If I were you I'd ask for a new fender too, just because it'll probably never get reshaped properly with the hard detail lines of the CL.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2TL Non-Navi
Satin Silver
35% Metal Tint
Old 04-09-2001, 01:49 PM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by beestea:
Was involved in an accident with my CL-S today Some guy in a old Nissan Pathfinder went through a yeild on green cutting in front of 4 on comming lanes causing everyone to slam on their breaks. Unfortunately I never saw him coming from where I was until he was right in front of me. I slammed on my breaks and steered twoards the the left and ended hitting his rear end with my right front. Stupid guy stopped at first then drove off. I immediately tried to drive and find him but he was heading in the opposite direction that I was facing. I also managed to called the police and their dispatchers convinced me to pull over and wait for them instead of driving around looking for him.

So as the result I have bumper cover, hood, right front quarter panel, xenon light, side marker lights that will need to be replaced and also a scuffed up tire and scratched rim that I will want replaced.

Anyone in the NOVA area recommend any good body shops? I had a car fixed at Fairfax Imports (the body shop that Fairfax Honda uses) once and wasn't really thrilled with the results.

Also any advice on getting my claims adjuster to replace my tire and wheel that aren't really in horrible shape, but aren't in perfect shape either? My insurance is through progressive.

One last thing... for people that have made this type of claim before (hit and run) did your insurance company give you a break on the deducatble? Mine is $500 for collision!!!

Thanks guys!
</font>

Hey , my next door neighbor owns a 4 body shop in nova. call me up. 703-980-2378 or emal joe.kim@digitalfocus.com I know one of them is near fairfax on main street.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Polarg m-6.
me.

Old 04-09-2001, 01:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Oh, and he'l hook ya up on the deductable. can't tell ya how because theres so many paranoid freak here. you post one secret and everyone goes ballistaic here.

------------------
CL-S
me.

Old 04-09-2001, 07:06 PM
Racer

Seem's Progressive forgot to add little thing's like: They accounted for an A/C line but didnt add for new refrigerant or labor for that work. Also they put repair for the hood when it clearly had a crease in it. And thirdly that had put new paint for the hood but had nothing for blending the fender's or bumper to match. I know it's kinda dark but you can see the little dent. Also the outside of the light isnt cracked but inside you can see the broken housing and reflector's.
I would drop them at once and get insurance at www.esurance.com

</font>

MAN I NEED YOUR HELP!!! How did you get progressive to replace your hood? My car is so much more damanged than yours and they gave me a $1390 estimate!?!?! They want to repair my hood instead of replace it and the right side of the hood is messed up big time... its got a couple 45degree bends and a big dip in the middle. Please let me know!

I wish I had a digital camera to get your guys options on this damn thing. Im thinking about going and getting one just for this.

Old 04-09-2001, 07:58 PM
Instructor

The auto body shop said it was irrepairable and made progressive pay for it. Also forgot to mention that Progressive forgot to add a new grille as the bracket's were broke where it attaches to the hood.
Make sure you take it to a reputable bodyshop for an additional estimate. That way you have something to compare it to. My hood happened to have a bad crease on the little piece hanging down(The Fang) A reputable shop will tell you exactly what need's replacing and what can be repaired.
Additionally You can take your car to any shop you like. Your deductible will be the same. They will feed you some bull about their warranty if you go to there shop but most reputable shop's do the same in house.
They don't cut you a check on the spot but they will give you that printout.
I didnt like Progressive at all

------------------
Sundance Gold
Comptech spring's
Still waiting for my car audio system to arrive
Eclipse 55060
Eclipse 5962 in dash 6
Eclipse 88120TIDVC Titanium
Xtant 604X
Xtant 1001X(2)
Focal Utopia 165W3
V1-Remote for sale
Old 04-09-2001, 08:01 PM
Suzuka Master

I know this is going to break yo heart but, get a hammer and dent it more. that way they'll have to replace it. also I'll talk to my bodyshop guy and see what he can do.

------------------
CL-S
me.

Old 04-09-2001, 08:18 PM
Racer

crazedluni... thanks for that info. Progressive seems to low ball these things big time. Also they estimate the time to repair as 4 days, which I can't imagine happening. Im guessing two weeks or so.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NOVAwhiteTypeS:
I know this is going to break yo heart but, get a hammer and dent it more. that way they'll have to replace it. also I'll talk to my bodyshop guy and see what he can do.

</font>
Nova.. that thought actually crossed my mind but by the time it did the lady had already taken pictures with her digital camera

Old 04-09-2001, 10:28 PM
Team Owner

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by beestea:

MAN I NEED YOUR HELP!!! How did you get progressive to replace your hood? My car is so much more damanged than yours and they gave me a $1390 estimate!?!?!
</font>
Take it to a couple of private body shops for your own estimate.
Have the shop write up that the labor to straighten the hood would be more then just installing and painting a new one.

A reliable shop will know how to “play the insurance game” for you.

As for NOVA’s offer to “hook ya up on the deductable”, I’m pretty sure all his shop is doing is padding the estimate to cover the collision deductible for you.

Shawn S

------------------
Speed limits are for CARS and DRIVERS whose limits are easily exceeded !!!!!

2001 CL Type S - NAV - San Marino RED / Parchment - Spoiler - 35% Tint - Roof Visor - PIAA Lamps
GOLD Emblems & Grill - V1 w/remote - KICKER AMP w/(2) 10" Alumapro Subs - Xephyr CAI - Shine by ZAINO
For Photos see: PAGE 1 PAGE 2 PAGE 3 PAGE 4 V1 & SUBS
Old 04-09-2001, 11:37 PM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shawn S:
Take it to a couple of private body shops for your own estimate.
Have the shop write up that the labor to straighten the hood would be more then just installing and painting a new one.

A reliable shop will know how to “play the insurance game” for you.

As for NOVA’s offer to “hook ya up on the deductable”, I’m pretty sure all his shop is doing is padding the estimate to cover the collision deductible for you.

Shawn S

</font>
yup shawn your right, didn't want to come straight out and say it since we have so many law abbiding citizens here .

------------------
CL-S
me.

Old 04-10-2001, 03:39 PM
Racer

I had almost the same damage and it ran 7000.00 I feel your pain. She came out great, in the end you'd never know that anything happened. Best of luck!

------------------
Silver S
Black Xephyr Intake
Valentine 1 (Hard wired)
Old 04-10-2001, 05:03 PM
Ace rider

The auto body shop said it was irrepairable and made progressive pay for it. Also forgot to mention that Progressive forgot to add a new grille as the bracket's were broke where it attaches to the hood.
Make sure you take it to a reputable bodyshop for an additional estimate. That way you have something to compare it to. My hood happened to have a bad crease on the little piece hanging down(The Fang) A reputable shop will tell you exactly what need's replacing and what can be repaired.
Additionally You can take your car to any shop you like. Your deductible will be the same. They will feed you some bull about their warranty if you go to there shop but most reputable shop's do the same in house.
They don't cut you a check on the spot but they will give you that printout.
I didnt like Progressive at all

</font>
I second that last comment, I'll never use them again. With my motorcycle claim, they had 7 different people on the claim, which after 11 months, still no resolution. Never can get a hold of them right away, never a straight answer, outright lying in some cases. Just constant delays and getting nowhere all the time. Worst pain in the ass I've ever had to deal with.

------------------
01 Silver CL-S, Navi, Spoiler
Retired: 94 540i