highway dance w/ firebird GTA part2

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2001 | 09:20 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

highway dance w/ firebird GTA part2

Leaving the Philly CLS meet on saturday afternoon, I'm heading up 476N approaching Mid-County toll. Behind me I see a last gen black firebird. My girl was in the car with me so I said look behind us and she pointed out the firebird and asked does he want to race and I said yeah. He follows right behind me into the toll to pick up the ticket and I knew he wanted to play. Funny thing about it is I did something similar about month ago with a car that looked exactly the same. It turns out, it was the exact same guy!!!!!! What are the chances?

From the stats we might be able to hand for alittle bit but the gearing may end up screwing us in the end. The car was a GTA so from edmunds.com it's going to be 240hp and 340 lbs of torque in a car that weights like 3400 lbs.

Anyway, I dart out of the gate with my newly installed AEM CAI. Wow, it's really loud with an echo hehe. I pull out and have about 200 yard lead on him before he starts to fly. There was a ton of traffic so we played it cool for a while and then when the left laned open up I dropped it into third and and then up to 4th. I got up to 120 or so at about 5200rpm and the car wasn't going anywhere fast but the dude the GTA was still pulling so he'd prolly would've dusted me. Anyway, we hit more traffic and i slowed down and pulled into the right lane. He stayed in the left and we both rolled down our windows and exchanged complements and he took off.

Real cool dude. Could've spanked me hard but he was cool about. Said nice car and gave me the thumbs up. I said, you're the same dude i went against a while ago and he was laughing hard because he had realized the same thing!
Old 10-15-2001 | 02:47 PM
Suzuka Master

Got any pictures of your girlfriend? :P
Old 10-15-2001 | 05:47 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

hehe, not yet......
Old 10-16-2001 | 08:13 AM
Xe- For Better Hwy Vision

Nice!

Good to hear you got a chance to test out the AEM. I think those Firebird GTA's are pretty fast, but it takes time for that V8 to winde up! Mean while you can run in IMRC mode and VTEC land
to show them whats up! That's really whats its all about around here (0-90 or so) Those cars prob. have some nice top end
but who cares. My G/f really whats me to go to a track and test out the car in lieu of the public highways w/ Carerra's. I must obey!!

BTW/ KCPreki11, Zapata's girlfriend is a model working for the same magazine as my girlfriend. I'm sure you have seen them both.
:-*
Old 10-16-2001 | 09:30 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

yeah, i told mine that i wanted to do some autocross and weekend racing.....she wasn't to thrilled at first but after i showed here the racing on speedvision(GT/Touring Car) she wasn't that against it. hehe