highbeam aim

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2001, 10:06 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
highbeam aim

I noticed from the beginning that I did not seem to be getting a lot of extra juice from my highbeams, perhaps because the xenons are so good, I thought.
Last week we had a foggy morning and as I am driving down my subdivision street, I mess with the highbeams and what the fog reflected was a weird light pattern. There is the big central beam shining quite high hitting the tree tops at 50 yards, then there are two small beams shining skyward like it's CNN reporting from Baghdad in '91. Do I have crappy highbeams with light leaking out on the top or is this by design and I have just never noticed it ?

------------------
2001 cl-s red, non navi, PIAA 19169's, shine by Meguiars, tint to the legal max
Old 01-13-2001, 10:17 PM
Adult Supervision

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rootbeer:
I noticed from the beginning that I did not seem to be getting a lot of extra juice from my highbeams, perhaps because the xenons are so good, I thought.
Last week we had a foggy morning and as I am driving down my subdivision street, I mess with the highbeams and what the fog reflected was a weird light pattern. There is the big central beam shining quite high hitting the tree tops at 50 yards, then there are two small beams shining skyward like it's CNN reporting from Baghdad in '91. Do I have crappy highbeams with light leaking out on the top or is this by design and I have just never noticed it ?

</font>
You have discovered the "Alien Search Beam." We all have it and it appears to be related to the reflectors in the headlamp. Changing to a brighter bulb only makes it brighter. Cars follow me thinking I am headed to a new Best Buy store opening... ..just ignore it....just try to ignore it.

------------------
MikeS 18
'01 CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment with Nav, Spoiler, door guards, wood trim kit, fender guards, PIAA 19169 & Platinum 9005, V1, trunk tray, winter mats, Salt Coat Finish by Mass DOT
Old 01-14-2001, 02:02 AM
Back to Four Doors

As Mike says, we all got it. Damnedest thing too. However, it does help read the freeway overpass height numbers at night.

------------------
Rex -
'01 CL Type S - Satin Silver, Navi, BBS RK
Lic: THX CBOE