hesitation between 1st and 2nd

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2001 | 03:46 PM
'Cooter

hesitation between 1st and 2nd

ok, i've been chewing on this for weeks now, and i just can't get it...ok, remember when Chod had his video of WOT and his AEM intake?? well i paid strict attention to the time at which the engine physically switches between 1st and 2nd, and it bothers me that it takes so long in the video...now i have been paying attention to my WOT's, and as soon as the tach hits rev limiter, the engine switches gears immediately, and the tach goes right back down...there's no hesitation, and at no time does the tach "stall" at that range...now maybe this occurance is just a fluke time, so lemme pose the issue to u guys...have any of u ever noticed your engine kinda revving around the limiter range from 1st to 2nd for a fraction of a second longer than usual??? and if so, do u think that hesitation could b a sign of a weakening tranny?? thanx.
Old 08-23-2001 | 05:05 PM
Cruisin'

Originally posted by Scooter:
<STRONG>ok, i've been chewing on this for weeks now, and i just can't get it...ok, remember when Chod had his video of WOT and his AEM intake?? well i paid strict attention to the time at which the engine physically switches between 1st and 2nd, and it bothers me that it takes so long in the video...now i have been paying attention to my WOT's, and as soon as the tach hits rev limiter, the engine switches gears immediately, and the tach goes right back down...there's no hesitation, and at no time does the tach "stall" at that range...now maybe this occurance is just a fluke time, so lemme pose the issue to u guys...have any of u ever noticed your engine kinda revving around the limiter range from 1st to 2nd for a fraction of a second longer than usual??? and if so, do u think that hesitation could b a sign of a weakening tranny?? thanx.</STRONG>

It most likely is. That's how my tranny started and then this last weekend, tranny took a shit. It is now at the dealer waiting for its new transmission. Which, by the way is on back order for 1 month!
I would take it in to the dealer before you are stuck on the side of the freeway like I was!!!