Help!!! I'm Addicted

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2003 | 03:44 PM
RIP Red-CL

Help!!! I'm Addicted

i just turned 17 and have got a hand me down CL-S (auto) from my dad, and i am addicted to racing i try to get ne1 and every1 to race me. I have so far only gotten two people to bite and that was when i least expected it. I ripped in half a 325Ci. What happened was i heard the Bimmer launch, and i was starting slowly off the line, and i just stepped on it, i caught him by 60mph, we closed down at 110mph, i had at least 8 cars length on the fool. I just love the thrill of racing and winning. Unfortunately i am giving up the CL cause of gas and insurance to get a 5 speed Civic DX (HB), which i will eventually drop an H22A w/ turbo and Nitrous.
Old 08-23-2003 | 03:54 PM
A-CL Senior Member

Sucks that you have to give up your cl-s. Your parents arent willing to help you out on insurance and gas.
Old 08-23-2003 | 03:54 PM
I hate cops

Thats cool that you like racing and all, but don't just go turbo or nitrous (letalone both!) right away without knowing what your doing. Otherwise that nice h22 will be toast in no time. I'm no expert, but it sounds like you just started racing, fell in love and are going to drop all your cash to be the fastest out there! An h22 in a HB will be pretty quick already, turbo would be cool but nitrous is just not needed with that setup. Just do alot of research before you do any of that stuff!

Oh and good kill on the 325!!
I'm sure you beat him pretty good, but I think he shut down alittle before you had 8 cars on him. Especially if you were just passing him in second.
Old 08-23-2003 | 04:40 PM
RIP Red-CL

yeah..

the 325 i think shut down by 85mph, but i had at least 3 cars on him then.

the idea behind the civic is to keep it stock until i get experience and money which would be in about 5 years.
Old 08-23-2003 | 08:23 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

JUst some take the keys from the alliance15, have you tried to be at the 1/4 track...?!!
Old 08-23-2003 | 10:09 PM
What, me drive fast?

Re: Help!!! I'm Addicted

Originally posted by thealliance15
i just turned 17 and have got a hand me down CL-S (auto) from my dad, and i am addicted to racing i try to get ne1 and every1 to race me. I have so far only gotten two people to bite and that was when i least expected it. I ripped in half a 325Ci. What happened was i heard the Bimmer launch, and i was starting slowly off the line, and i just stepped on it, i caught him by 60mph, we closed down at 110mph, i had at least 8 cars length on the fool. I just love the thrill of racing and winning. Unfortunately i am giving up the CL cause of gas and insurance to get a 5 speed Civic DX (HB), which i will eventually drop an H22A w/ turbo and Nitrous.
ha ha ha ha ha

(hold belly)

ha ha ha ha

I don't get it...you have a hand me down and you have to go from a CL-S to a Civic roller skate?

If it is in fact a hand-me down I am guessing that you are getting the family car? Maybe you aren't. In any case, if you have the $ to put nitrous on the car then you either live a year at a time (nitrous will eventually f@ck your car) or you want to change your car in a year anyway. The CL will kick ass for a while....and you will have the most confy car in the school.

For the love of god, CL!!!! Gas? With headers and intake (wink!) I get 24mpg. 30mpg on all highway..my best is 34mpg. I had a 94 Civic....I dot similar gas mileage. Before headers and intake my best was 32. Civic insurance might even be higher than the civic. Depends on the city...theft is a major factor.

Good luck man...
Old 08-23-2003 | 10:29 PM
Fear the Bear!

Coming next week!

"I just got a speeding ticket!"
or perhaps the ever popular
"Just wrecked my CL-S!"
or the somewhat less popular
"A member of the board died while racing *frownie face*"

Car are fun, yes, and you are a kid...I'll give you that. But try to show a little responsibility before you launch 2-tons of flying metal into someone, eh? If you want to race people, many tracks have open nights and lots of people who are willing to _safely_ race there.