HELP, HELP, HELP !!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2001, 07:22 AM
Need For Speed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP, HELP, HELP !!!!!!!!!

HOLY @$#@! I just finish putting together my own custom "SilverKnight" grill and just realized I left the headlights on with the keys in them the whole time because I was in the garage at night with limited lighting, so I left the headlights on to help me see better. (I will have a new post on the review of the "SilverKnight" grill later) So now when I want to start the engine, it's dead. Will it recharge after x amount of hours? Is the only other way to jump start it? And do you guys think I need to change a new battery now? Please . . . any advice will help. Thanks!
Old 09-13-2001, 07:39 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by NeedForHandling:
<STRONG>HOLY @$#@! I just finish putting together my own custom "SilverKnight" grill and just realized I left the headlights on with the keys in them the whole time because I was in the garage at night with limited lighting, so I left the headlights on to help me see better. (I will have a new post on the review of the "SilverKnight" grill later) So now when I want to start the engine, it's dead. Will it recharge after x amount of hours? Is the only other way to jump start it? And do you guys think I need to change a new battery now? Please . . . any advice will help. Thanks! </STRONG>
You will need a jump start or get out the battery charger ($hit happens).

1. I doubt you will need a new battery over one mistake (it happens).

If you can get to the hood and the battery, just get a jump and drive the car at high revs to really charge up the battery -- be prepared for a long drive (the battery is flat).

If you have a charger (or buddy has one), you can do a Boost charge for an hour (check directions) and them run a 2-4 amps for a few more hours. The best charger will dump a ton of juice in at first, then slowly reduce the charge until it "maintains" the battery.

One problemo -- if you have your car in a tight garage (like me), and the battery goes down (hasn't happened yet), you may need to get the car out of park to get to it. If the battery is accessible, ignore this paragraph.

Finally, you WILL need to reset the Radio and NAVI pin codes. Be sure to get out that little blue card with those numbers on it. You will loose your radio settings, side mirror position settings, AND NAVI settings that were not loaded in your "personal prefs" area.

(One PIN # is for the Radio, the other PIN # is for the NAVI)

[ 09-13-2001: Message edited by: EricL ]
Old 09-13-2001, 08:05 AM
Need For Speed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by EricL:
<STRONG>

You will need a jump start or get out the battery charger ($hit happens).

1. I doubt you will need a new battery over one mistake (it happens).

If you can get to the hood and the battery, just get a jump and drive the car at high revs to really charge up the battery -- be prepared for a long drive (the battery is flat).

If you have a charger (or buddy has one), you can do a Boost charge for an hour (check directions) and them run a 2-4 amps for a few more hours. The best charger will dump a ton of juice in at first, then slowly reduce the charge until it "maintains" the battery.

One problemo -- if you have your car in a tight garage (like me), and the battery goes down (hasn't happened yet), you may need to get the car out of park to get to it. If the battery is accessible, ignore this paragraph.

Finally, you WILL need to reset the Radio and NAVI pin codes. Be sure to get out that little blue card with those numbers on it. You will loose your radio settings, side mirror position settings, AND NAVI settings that were not loaded in your "personal prefs" area.

(One PIN # is for the Radio, the other PIN # is for the NAVI)

[ 09-13-2001: Message edited by: EricL ]</STRONG>
Thanks for the helpful advice and comments!!!!!!