Help, got 3 tickets.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2002, 02:46 AM
East Coast Boost.!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help, got 3 tickets.

I was coming home from my friends boat, and was stopped at a red light waiting to make a turn. Then I see another CL-S stopped, but i know he's not ont eh forum cause this was less than a mile from my house, and no one else on this board lives that close to me. So i turned and he was staring me down as I was to him. So i decided to show him what I had and I was in 1st at about 15mph and floored it. My tires were spinning a litte, since the road was wet. Then I chirped 2nd and drifted over a lane while in a turn. Then all of a sudden on another turn, i see lights all over the place. Next thing i know, i'm pulled over and there are 3 cops behind me. He gets out and says "What the fuck were you doing?" He takes my Drivers license and Regestraition and goes back to the car. 30 mins later he comes back and gives me 3 tickets. I got "failure to maintain lane," "some kinda of start," (Whiney start, looks like that), and "speed to imped&%$ or something." I was like WTF. Cop commented on the system and the Rims and the exhaust though. Then one of the 2 tell me to have a night night. Fuck you!

The thing is that i don't even think this is right. The only thing I don't blame him for is the "maintaining lane." I know i didn't go ove rthe speed imit, maybe bye 5-10 mph in a 40. I was in 1st and chirped to 2nd just so the other CL remembered me, and then I just popped it into 5th and cruiesed, then I see the lights.

What should I do? Should I get a lawyer?
Old 08-30-2002, 03:03 AM
Not a Registered User

they prolly thought you were "racing", but couldn't prove it, so they hit you with every single possible ticket they think they could get away with!
Old 08-30-2002, 06:49 AM
'Cooter

i would...we'll chill at the courthouse together since i'm fighting my so-called speeding ticket

who nailed u?? Nassau Cty. or local Herricks coppers???
Old 08-30-2002, 07:16 AM
Team Owner

So let me get this straight.
You “floored it” and spun your tires in first, “chirped second”, “drifted over a lane on a curve” and then “popped it in 5th and cruised”.

And you did all of this while NOT exceeding 50MPH in a 40. :shakehd: :shakehd: :shakehd:

Come on....Tell the truth.
You’re among friends here.

Shawn S
Old 08-30-2002, 08:10 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Sounds like you roasted the tires got on it then dropped off when you got around 55.

Unfortunately the cops have every right to give you those tickets. I did the same things years ago in my V-8 Blazer trying to show off. I got a ticket for speeding +10MPH and i believe some thing about improper acceleration or whatever the cop term is for FLOORING IT at a light . Go to court and get some reductions and be prepared to pay some fines. You don't need a lawyer unless it is in a town you can't bargain yourself.
Old 08-30-2002, 08:18 AM
Race Director

Originally posted by Shawn S
So let me get this straight.
You “floored it” and spun your tires in first, “chirped second”, “drifted over a lane on a curve” and then “popped it in 5th and cruised”.

And you did all of this while NOT exceeding 50MPH in a 40. :shakehd: :shakehd: :shakehd:

Come on....Tell the truth.
You’re among friends here.

Shawn S
Old 08-30-2002, 08:29 AM
Old enough to know better

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tickets and Lawyers

If you really don't want the points on your licence, get a good Lawyer. It may even cost less for the lawyer than the fines. I have not lost a single case with a lawyer. 4 to 0. On my own 2 to 9 over the last 30 years. Lawyers know all the technicallities and what to say and not say (or should, that is what you pay them for).
Old 08-30-2002, 08:56 AM
Advanced

Get a lawyer.
The judge is most likely a lawyer.
They are all in the same labor union.
Bringing a lawyer to court shows you paid the entry fee to their system.
Old 08-30-2002, 09:50 AM
Burning Brakes

get a real good lawyer kid

and stay away from chris,

he will rot your brain

anyone going to rte 110 tonite for the muscle cars?
Old 08-30-2002, 10:51 AM
Meat Popsicle

"What should I do? Should I get a lawyer?"

Get a dictionary. It will be more useful in the long run.
(just kidding!!!!)