HELP-EGG ON NEW CL!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2001, 03:27 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP-EGG ON NEW CL!!!!

Hi Guys-my new CL Aegean blue was hit by an egg by some total crazy nasty idiot on the driver's side door!! I washed it off but I'm having trouble getting the smudges totally off. There are only a few drips and with waxing the spot a few times it is much better but I still can see it in direct sunlight and I want my new car to be perfect!!

Please give me any suggestions/other experiences with eggs and car paint.

Rustito + still beautiful Aegean
(email cfullert@erols.com)
Old 09-03-2001, 03:34 AM
Pro

Originally posted by Rustito:
<STRONG>Hi Guys-my new CL Aegean blue was hit by an egg by some total crazy nasty idiot on the driver's side door!! I washed it off but I'm having trouble getting the smudges totally off. There are only a few drips and with waxing the spot a few times it is much better but I still can see it in direct sunlight and I want my new car to be perfect!!

Please give me any suggestions/other experiences with eggs and car paint.

Rustito + still beautiful Aegean
(email cfullert@erols.com)</STRONG>
sorry to hear that. sounds like the egg stuff got all the way down to the clear coat if it's still showing up after you wax it. you might have to strip that one area down to the clear coat w/ dawn and re-apply new clear coat and wax to completely remove any signs of the egg stain. pretty much a zaino do-over. i'm no expert though and you might want to consult a proffessional detailer. but eggs are notorious for seriously fuking up paint jobs! good luck!
Old 09-03-2001, 08:28 AM
- daemonichris -

yah some motherfuckers did that to my car too. good thing the egg didn't dry up completely. i just took my car home and washed it off immediately
Old 09-03-2001, 03:18 PM
Instructor

heres what you are supposed to do when some fuck eggs your car. some guy egged my mom's SLK320 a while back. you take a bucket of very hot water from the faucet, dont boil it or anything. and you dump it on the spot where the egg is. you keep repeating this until all the egg is gone. dont wipe it or scrub it or anything, it will come out by itself with the water. when its totally clean then u can wipe it down. NN
Old 09-03-2001, 03:22 PM
Honkey

My Accord was egged. I washed the egg off probably no later than half an hour after it was done. It ate the paint all the ay down the the primer in a few places. i'm going to guess that what you see on your car is there for good.
Old 09-04-2001, 02:49 AM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Zaino Experts:

How does Zaino help in avoiding disaster with eggs?