HELP! Cleaned out intake manifold now car idles weird and shuddering when off gas

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 11:00 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP! Cleaned out intake manifold now car idles weird and shuddering when off gas

So to recap my last post:

I cleaned out my throttle body, intake manifold/EGR a few weeks ago, and now I'm still struggling with the same problem. My car has been idling up and down between 900ish and 1500 when I'm at idle but after some time remains idle at 1500rpm and then I feel an exhaust vibration that pretty much feels like a stuttering. And when this happens, when I let off the gas pedal in gear the car suddenly shudders like I hit the brakes briefly. Regardless, the car accelerates fine and smoothly, when pressing on the gas. What's the deal?!

I've so far replaced the IACV, checked and reinstalled the intake manifold twice, made sure the gaskets are on correctly and looked for leaks. After starting the car and hitting the gas, my tachometer revs up and down from 900 to 1500 but after a while the idle stays at 1500 and I get that weird vibration noise. I've sprayed throttle body cleaner around the engine, and I "think" that I have a leak. I'm waiting for the new manifold gasket to arrive.

I'm assuming that I have a vacuum leak, but I'm just not sure where! Any thoughts?
Old 11-11-2009, 11:24 PM
6speed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverPhoenix
So to recap my last post:

I cleaned out my throttle body, intake manifold/EGR a few weeks ago, and now I'm still struggling with the same problem. My car has been idling up and down between 900ish and 1500 when I'm at idle but after some time remains idle at 1500rpm and then I feel an exhaust vibration that pretty much feels like a stuttering. And when this happens, when I let off the gas pedal in gear the car suddenly shudders like I hit the brakes briefly. Regardless, the car accelerates fine and smoothly, when pressing on the gas. What's the deal?!

I've so far replaced the IACV, checked and reinstalled the intake manifold twice, made sure the gaskets are on correctly and looked for leaks. After starting the car and hitting the gas, my tachometer revs up and down from 900 to 1500 but after a while the idle stays at 1500 and I get that weird vibration noise. I've sprayed throttle body cleaner around the engine, and I "think" that I have a leak. I'm waiting for the new manifold gasket to arrive.

I'm assuming that I have a vacuum leak, but I'm just not sure where! Any thoughts?
Did you let the ecu relearn? no cel? i had the same symptoms briefly before.