Help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 03:10 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!!!!!

hi everyone, i just wanna say that i love this sight, and you guys had a big part in me buying an 01 cl-s a couple of months ago. anyways, i finally got a day off work today, and decided i wanted to paint and clear my headlights. i had no problems up until now, which is taking off the h i d power thingy. it is held in by a tiny screw shaped thing, but its not a screw, its in the shape of a star, with something in the middle of it. i can not get a screw driver in there, nor can i turn it with pliers. for anyone who did this themselves, how did you get this thing off????? thanks in advance for any helpful replies, and i will be postin pics as soon as i get done.
luke
Old 08-16-2005, 05:54 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by polishpianist26
hi everyone, i just wanna say that i love this sight, and you guys had a big part in me buying an 01 cl-s a couple of months ago. anyways, i finally got a day off work today, and decided i wanted to paint and clear my headlights. i had no problems up until now, which is taking off the h i d power thingy. it is held in by a tiny screw shaped thing, but its not a screw, its in the shape of a star, with something in the middle of it. i can not get a screw driver in there, nor can i turn it with pliers. for anyone who did this themselves, how did you get this thing off????? thanks in advance for any helpful replies, and i will be postin pics as soon as i get done.
luke
its called a tamper safe torx bit, i think a t25, you will have to get one, i have seen them at sears, or if they don't have any try an autoparts store if they don't have it they can get one for you. sears has a kit for $50 it has 34 pices and i think has the ones you need in it, its part number Sears item #00947258000
Old 08-16-2005, 06:27 PM
Suzuka Master

good luck.. make sure you seal them with some silicone
Old 08-16-2005, 09:31 PM
Intermediate

Got It!!!

i actually used a smaller set of needle nose pliers and finally got it, took me a while but it worked. thanks for the info though and i will try to put up some pics whenever i get done. yea and i definitly went and bought a bottle of silicone yesterday. thanks once again for the replies!
luke