Have you ever caught a door dinger? That dinged YOUR car???

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 04:25 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
Have you ever caught a door dinger? That dinged YOUR car???

<rant mode>

Recall when I busted some bitch for dinging a lady's Mercedes at the train station??? I got to do it for my own car this time.

A little background...

I park and take a commuter train into Chicago. I always park next to my brother in-law and I generally park next to someone who knows to watch my doors, and I'll watch theirs. We always back our cars into the spaces...

So I get off the train and as I approach my car I see a fuckin' POS Dodge (Al Bundy style) parked literally diagonal across the space with NO room between my car and it.

So I take the sunglasses off and immediately look at my car. So far so good. So I move in closer and I see a TINY chip out of my door. Any normal human wouldn't be able to find this, but I'm not normal. So I take a step back and say out loud, "You gotta be fucking kidding me."

Just as I said that, I hear a woman’s voice, "I didn't do that." I turn around and say "Do what?" And the reply was "Put a ding in your door."

So right there I knew I had the bitch. How did she know there was anything wrong with the car? After all I had taken a couple of steps back and wasn't closely examining the door when she walked up.

So I'm faced with a choice. Call the cops and make a big deal over nothing, or let her go. So I continue to gawk at my door, and she says "Are you going to get into your fucking car?"

OK... game on.

So I just went off. And I kind of feel bad, but hell... To make a long ass-tearing short, I told her to learn how to park her piece of shit rust bucket like everyone else in the lot and not shoehorn her barge into a space without taking into consideration of others. A crowd started to form while I reamed the bitch a new one. Damn was I pissed…

Then I got the finger. Again, the "mark" on the door is so freakin' microscopic, there's nothing I could have done to it, other than get the door painted. Think of a large pin prick; a little paint missing. Only visible when really up close and personal. It just wasn’t worth the hassle.

But she's still spouting off crap. So I back up, and told her to get in the damn car. The crowd is still watching. So what does the bitch do??? She goes over to the other side of the car and crawls across the passengers seat to enter the car. It made my day to watch her try and fumble across the seat to get to the driver's side. Everyone just stood there and laughed.

Some people have NO consideration. NONE. It could have been MUCH worse. Thankfully, nothing bad really happened.

</rant mode>
Old 08-25-2003, 04:31 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes.....in fact i almost go into a fist fight.....not worth it.....it's just a car. At first i felt like a douche for not doing anything but the more i thought about it the better it was to walk away, no need to get stabbed or killed over something so small.
Old 08-25-2003, 04:32 PM
Suzuka Master

My boss did it once. I didn't say anything because he was a cool guy, and it didn't do any damage.
Old 08-25-2003, 04:37 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same thing happened to me the first month I had my CL. Since I bought it used I spent a good 400 dollars having all of the door dings removed and making it look nice. I was working out one day and as I am leaving this like 95 Geo Pulls up next to my car, nevermind there are like 15 other parkign pasces wround, she had to pick the one right next to my car and park no less than 3 inches away from my car, ok maybe a foot but you get my point. So I was like running to move my car beacuse I knew that she wasa going to ding my car then all of a sudden she just shoves her door open and puts a nice crease in my car, complete with read paint scuffs. I flew off the handle, I was like who is your insurance provider and i grabbed the camera outta the glove box and started taking pictures of my door and her door that had black paint on it. Immediately she flips out and told me that if I hadnt have parked like an arrogant asshole maybe she would not have dinged my car. I was like woman I am out here in East Jesus, there are parking spots all over the place, there is no reason you had to park right next to my car. SO tehn she demands that I stop taking photos and screamed that I had no right to record her license plate #. This finally ended when I called my uncle, a cop and asked him to run the plates, I got all the info on the car and my parents attorney sent a certified letter to the woman wiht 3 estimates for repair. The letter said something like pay or get sued or something. Eventually she paid, like $480 or somethin, but it took forever.... I hate dealing with people like that.
Old 08-25-2003, 04:39 PM
Banned

a while back i was at the mall waiting for my girl to come out. i was just sitting in my car, no radio, no a/c, nothing. also with my tint, theres no way you can see inside and this was around 9pm. so these 2 guys go to get into the car parked next to me, and sure as shit, the driver doesnt give a flying fuck and slams his door into mine. i jump out and shout what the fuck. this guy is totally surprised because he didnt think anyone was in the car. so he starts apologizing like crazy and what not. i check out the damage and i have a little ding, barely noticeable to a "normal" person lol. either way, i was way pissed and the guy saw that, and he just goes here man, hope this takes care of it, and gave me $150 on the spot. so i let it go
Old 08-25-2003, 05:13 PM
Kabachitare!

Scrib, you were perfectly justified to give that bitch an earful. After you found the new door ding she was the one who started giving you the bad attitude. You did not start this incident but you finished it in a way that may make the bitch be a little more hesitant to park like a moron again.

Then again maybe not, some people are just such dense morons. I remember one time coming out a Fry's Electronic Store in Sunnyvale with my dad and finding a trashy Previa wedged next to my car. As my dad and I were walking to our car I saw that the Previa's doors were open and a teenage punk from the Previa was leaning over the drivers side door/window/roof/sunroof of my car. As my dad and I got closer the punk finally realized that we were the owners of the car he was draped over so he retreated back inside his trashy Previa. I scanned my car door and found no damage but dirty fingerprints on the glass so I just gave the punk a dirty look.

I also was on the lookout for this Previa whenever I park at Fry's to avoid the punk and his trashy family. Ironically when my dad and I were coming out of Fry's on another day we saw the Previa and the punk again in the parking lot looking at their Previa in shock and dismay. It seems someone had keyed their car while they were inside. So I guess the punk had irriated enough people so that the bad karma caught up tp him....
Old 08-25-2003, 05:21 PM
Fell off my Rocking-Chair

Re: Have you ever caught a door dinger? That dinged YOUR car???

Originally posted by Scrib
Just as I said that, I hear a woman’s voice, "I didn't do that." I turn around and say "Do what?" And the reply was "Put a ding in your door."

Pwahahah

Great story
Old 08-25-2003, 05:28 PM
Has been sold for a while

If I see someone parking next to my car I go stand by them and make sure they don't hit it. They look at me crazy sometimes but I don't care what they think. Two different people dinged my old civic right in front of me, one bitch had the nerve to laugh.
Old 08-25-2003, 05:30 PM
Race Director

I had a long long post to this thread, I deleted it.

It was too negative.
Old 08-25-2003, 05:33 PM
S2000 Owner

Re: Have you ever caught a door dinger? That dinged YOUR car???

Originally posted by Scrib

...I told her to learn how to park her piece of shit rust bucket like everyone else in the lot and not shoehorn her barge into a space without taking into consideration of others...

Too funny man!

She got what she deserved.
Old 08-25-2003, 06:15 PM
Homeless

Originally posted by Zapata
Yes.....in fact i almost go into a fist fight.....not worth it.....it's just a car. At first i felt like a douche for not doing anything but the more i thought about it the better it was to walk away, no need to get stabbed or killed over something so small.

And that's just the type of shit that happens near where I work...

Your right...I'd love to spout off but you just never know...especially in Philly.

Either way, I always kick myself in the balls for not getting outrageous at the scene...
Old 08-25-2003, 06:20 PM
///M POWER

i am so perenoid about where i park at work, people just swing their doors upen, i got my car hit once already, already got it fixed, mother fuckers
Old 08-25-2003, 06:24 PM
Coming to a city near you

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally posted by kensteele

It was too negative.
You be negative?, i don't believe it.
Old 08-25-2003, 07:05 PM
?!?

i kicked a fuckers quarter panel in for denying that he dented my door although i was standing right there...he wouldnt give me his info or anything...

after he left i had some fun
Old 08-25-2003, 07:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
hahahaha.... dope story.... just watch out, you dont want her to come key your car one day in vegence.
Old 08-25-2003, 08:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
well i didnt get a door ding but i got a trunk ding, and it was by none other than the dealer!!!

well just found out that when i got the car 2yrs ago and they put the spoiler on they didnt change the trunk springs to the better ones that came w/the spoiler. Well i take the car in last week to get fixed, they fix it, the very next morning im looking at the car and there is a dent poping up out of the trunk just ahead of the spoiler. I knew it wasnt there the day b4 so i called them, almost like they knew about it they didnt question it and agreed to fix it. So friday i take it there and they have their "dent guy" work on it...i complain about the integra they wanted to give me and was able to get a nice new TSX(great car!) well when i got the car back, the dent was about 50% better and now their are scrach marks..so i go home, call the manager and go off on him about how their dealer sucks and everything about the place is BS...so Tomorrow morning i have a meeting w/them about what to do, have the dent guy try and work on it more, or put it in the body shop. And to make it even better, yesteday the trunk springs they put in broke!! lol i cant wait to rip them a new one !!!!! I want a new trunk w/o the spoiler so i can do the m5 lip one!!!

Keep in mind this is the dealer that told me there isnt any tranny issuse w/our cars, that told Flint he had Low Pressure in his tranny so they changed it. The service dept guys are clueless, and tell more lies than anyone i know.....but they have the pics Soopa posted of the new TL up on their desk..lol
Old 08-25-2003, 09:11 PM
Honkey

I went to lunch with a girl I worked with a while ago...she drover her car...opened her car door and slammed the car next to her. I yelled " you just hit that car!" She replied "it's okay, I have rubber molding on my car." As we walked off I glanced and saw a nice ding in the vehicle she hit. Just an example of how inconsiderate other people are....
Old 08-25-2003, 09:23 PM
Instructor

i was at school when the girl next to me dinged my door....i didnt notice it until after school..so i went to the school police officer and he looked at the school camera looking towards the parking lot and sure enough she did hit it....so i talked to her about it and she had her dad come by and buff off the paint and then he paid to take my car to a place to have the ding taken out...
Old 08-26-2003, 04:35 AM
Administrator Alumnus

Yeah, she got what she deserved... I hope that was the end of it.
Old 08-26-2003, 04:35 AM
Administrator Alumnus

Originally posted by kensteele

It was too negative.

Booooooooooo

<chant>

We want the story. We want the story

</chant>
Old 08-26-2003, 06:09 AM
Racer

Very few people really give a crap about other people's property. To most, cars are a necessary evil and a disposable commodity. To those of us who appreciate cars and keeping them nice, it burns.

I can't tell you how many times I come out of the grocery store, or the mall, or work, or wherever to find someone with their car door all the way open, resting against my car. All types of people, too. You tell them off, check your car (and perhaps step it up a notch if you find a ding or a chip), and hope they learn a lesson. Invariably, they do not.

Unfortunately, I am parking on the city streets right now. My rear bumper looks like I've been in trading some paint in a NASCAR race. "Parking by touch" my ass - more like "Parking by dumbasses."

If I could just catch one jerk though, that might make it all worthwhile. Hopefully, I can catch them hitting me where I have other rub marks, or dings, or scratches, and they get to pay for the whole thing.
Old 08-26-2003, 06:46 AM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I've got a ding on my CL from somebody that parked next to me....they were so close...I couldn't get in my drivers side door Sure enough, there was a ding....I was at the train station (I-90 & Cumberland for Chicago people) so I figured I could get the ding removerd for $50-$75.....so I let all of the air out of all of the car's tires. I know it was mean, but I parked soooooooo far away....there was atleast 20 spaces open around my car and the spot was bigger than the average spot....like a spot + 1/4 of another. It just pissed me off so for my $50 I had to pay, they probably freaked out.....and had a hard time getting home.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:50 AM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I remember parking in a lot once and was walking away when I saw a big car driving in. I decided let me see where it parks and sure enough the spot next to me (lot was pretty full). So from across the street I stay and watch when I finally see the door open and as expected it stops suddenly. So I walk over and sure enough there is a chip on my door. I confront the gentlemen calmly but obviously annoyed and a little pissed. Turns out the guy was pretty old (sixties maybe) and quite honestly the spots where a little tight. He apologized and I felt like, "what could I do?" Beat the shit out of a 60-year old? I let it be but damn I was pissed. I guess I learned to never park in a tight lot and walking long distances can save me a lot of stress.

I always look for corner spots at work and home (apartment complex). One problem is that most people don't care about their cars and the ones that care a little look for us (the ones that care alot) to park next to! I try and hug the end spots to leave plenty of space for the spot next to me but fuckers still have to get close. I have one ass-monkey at home park his car next to me eventhough its not a spot! only reason I haven't said anything is because its never close (door won't reach). If I ever find a ding though it might set me off!
Old 08-26-2003, 09:05 AM
Three Wheelin'

if i m sure for fact who did it...i go and key that car! i wont flip out.
Old 08-26-2003, 10:26 AM
Racer

I carry a Fish Bat in my trunk for these things.
Old 08-26-2003, 10:46 AM
whoXwanXsum

the damn bank canister shot of the machine friday and gave my cl it's 1st door ding. the bank has it on camera and they say they will fix it....
Old 08-26-2003, 11:22 AM
Ricky: Drugs > Football

put some cones in your trunk and just section off the space next to you
Old 08-26-2003, 11:34 AM
Shogun Assassin

Originally posted by 2001CL
put some cones in your trunk and just section off the space next to you
Old 08-26-2003, 01:34 PM
Flap.

i have a friend with a chevelle he rebuilt and hand painted, he carries cones, i always bum some off him at football games and the like.
Old 08-26-2003, 01:58 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I always try and be careful where i park my car. If i ever got a ding i'd flip. You were right to do what you did. Nothing wrong with chewing the bitch out.
Old 08-26-2003, 02:36 PM
Instructor

New dent today

my roommate came to me today all sad and dejected and said we needed to talk...he was parked next to me with his truck in normal sized spaces and evidently his door got away from him and swung out rapidly, putting a nice dent and two paint smudges in the most concave part of my passenger door (where the rubber strips are on most other cars for this sort of thing)...and he is offering to pay to fix it, I think we can buff out the paint pretty well but anyone know how much the small dent would be to fix or a good method to try ourselves?
Old 08-26-2003, 03:39 PM
1-2-3-4-5-6-speeeeeed!!!!

once I parked in a nice corner spot at school, It was a big spot so I went close to the curb, so there was plenty of room, I would saw maybe room for a fuckin YUGo to fit before the next (line) spot was, so I went to class and when I came out and walked to the car I saw this mother fucken piece of shit old 80's red Volvo sedan that squeezed into MY spot, I was already pissed from an exam I failed so this was the iccing on the cake, I couldnt fuckin believe it, my friend was with me and he was laughing at the expresion I had when I saw this car, so I immediatly drop to my knees and examined it and what do you know, a fucken ding, my first scenario was to wait for this POS, or putting a Timberland sized foot in the panel, or the next thing, I took out my swiss army knife, and carved "I AM A PENIS" in his/her quarter panel, I liked that one!!
Old 08-26-2003, 05:21 PM
Beware of leakage

Originally posted by nokio
i kicked a fuckers quarter panel in for denying that he dented my door although i was standing right there...he wouldnt give me his info or anything...

after he left i had some fun
Thats what those bastards get , I have done the quarterpanel kicking also.
Old 08-26-2003, 06:17 PM
Got BOOST????

It's unbeliveable. All it takes is an ounce, just an ounce of cosideration for other people. This place would be a much happer place to live. You gotta love when people won't let you in on park ways and sh*t. I always give way, cause it ain't worth f*cking up my car for that sh*t.
Old 08-26-2003, 09:36 PM
Advanced

yEAH i CAUGHT SOME CHICK AT TARGET SHE PUSHED HER CART RIGHT INTO MY CAR i WAS LIKE WHAT THE f--- ARE U DOING SHE WAS LIKE i DIDN'T KNOW I WANTED TO STRANGLE HER BUT OPTED OUT FOR SOME ASS
Old 08-27-2003, 11:02 AM
Burning Brakes

well when i took my car back in the dent guy was able to take the dent out and you cant tell at out, and also did the few door dings i had for free
Old 08-27-2003, 11:14 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by BigPimpin
yEAH i CAUGHT SOME CHICK AT TARGET SHE PUSHED HER CART RIGHT INTO MY CAR i WAS LIKE WHAT THE f--- ARE U DOING SHE WAS LIKE i DIDN'T KNOW I WANTED TO STRANGLE HER BUT OPTED OUT FOR SOME ASS
Old 08-27-2003, 12:20 PM
Flap.

KC i agree, some people smoke wayy too much weed
Old 08-27-2003, 01:50 PM
900 club member

I know I am jinxing myself BIG TIME but here goes. For some reason, people seem to be really careful around my PDG CL-S, one of my coworkers said "love it or hate it, you know it's special when you see that color" (probably thinking as in "special olympics"). Maybe they just dont' want to get PDG on THEIR car, or maybe they think that someone who drives that color car is just plain crazy and dont' want to mess with them. Who knows, but it's been 3 years and not one ding. One of my other friends at work has a black one that is always getting dinged in my same parking lot.
Old 08-27-2003, 02:36 PM
whoXwanXsum

Originally posted by KCPreki11

i guess he banged her???

Quick Reply: Have you ever caught a door dinger? That dinged YOUR car???