Have a Qusetion?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2001, 12:00 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have a Qusetion?

What is the Level 10 tourqe converter? and will it be good for our car? and is it true that it will let us gain about a second faster or anything near that in the 1/4 mile?

iam asking these Questions because someone told me that it will make my car fast and stuff like that .. so i wanted to see if he is BS or what.

------------------
Gold CL-S with comptech headers, mufflers,Springs, V-AFC,AEM CAI. ACE hyper black Wheels 235-40-18ZR.
In the future..Supercharger or turbo if there is any.
Gtech run 0 to 60 in 5.41sec

My car pics are On http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...521&a=11013539
Old 01-19-2001, 12:44 AM
Suzuka Master

Level10 has historically been a domestic trans performance shop. They did branch out into the imports a few years ago.

But contrary to many peoples beliefs, the transmission (or transaxle in our case) is basically the same no matter which shore it comes from. In fact, I find the domestics to be ahead in this area (GM supplies BMW and Volvo with their units).

Back to Level10, they may be able to help times. The concept is a more efficient TC. Will times be 1 second better, I highly doubt it. But will they improve, yes if judicious throttle is used. Meaning that off the line performance can be better if you can use it and control it.
Old 01-19-2001, 12:55 AM
Suzuka Master

Probably a second off a stock car. not a heavily modded car like yours. U crazy yo u really going all out heh? u already hit 0-60 in 5's. and 1/4 min 13's.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Cargo Net/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers soon now that I have a JOB again. hehe

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load.
Old 01-19-2001, 01:25 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think this is a direct answer, but there was discussion on this. See if this link helps:

http://www.acura-cl.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000236.html

There are some useful links in that thread (well, check and see)...
Old 01-19-2001, 03:38 AM
Instructor

so Ercil... the tourqe converter is good after all ... this guy told me he can bring it with 600 dollors .. do u think thats good?

I guess u are the professional here on this thing hehehe.

------------------
Gold CL-S with comptech headers, mufflers,Springs, V-AFC,AEM CAI. ACE hyper black Wheels 235-40-18ZR.

Old 01-19-2001, 03:41 AM
Instructor

oh yeah and u said in the old fourm that it will make the stock car spin when the car lunch from start... but i have a problem now with the wheels spinning .. i cant floor it when iam racing .. i have to take it off the line step by step ... so do u think a tourqe converter will make it worser or better?

------------------

Old 01-19-2001, 04:45 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
oh yeah and u said in the old fourm that it will make the stock car spin when the car lunch from start... but i have a problem now with the wheels spinning .. i cant floor it when iam racing .. i have to take it off the line step by step ... so do u think a tourqe converter will make it worser or better?
</font>
There comes a time when the correct answer is: I don't know!

From the amount of wheel spin you say you are getting, I wonder if you could actually get going faster by getting some drag slicks or street legal proxies.

They used to make RE-71s in a proxy version. The tires were so sticky that they would pick every bit of sand and muck on the road. They didn't last very long, but they did stick. If you can't get the power to the ground, it wont matter how much hp your making (Once your moving, yes it does matter...)

I mentioned the wheely bar half joking, but all of the front wheel drive drag cars are using wheely bars on the rear of the cars to keep the front tires planted on the ground.

When you accelerate, there is weight transfer from front to rear. So the very power you are adding is actually lifting the weight off the front tires (thus reducing traction when you need it most).

As far as the torque converter goes -- I just don't know. I just thought that I'd show you the link(s) *and* let you decide (or ask one of the other techies).

BTW, did you see the electric supercharger. I know its not going to get you to the low 13s, but I thought it was interesting...

Well, good luck. I hope the other "masters of tech" will assist.

It would be fun to see the car break 13 secs!