Handsfree Cellular Question...

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2002, 08:33 PM
Capo di Tutti Capi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Handsfree Cellular Question...

For Christmas, I received a handsfree cellular gizmo that charges the phone and has a speakerphone, built-in speaker, and can transmit through the radio on an FM frequency. Works great except for one thing. It's top heavy and it rotates in the lighter socket. Upon further investigation it appears that the socket itself is loose.

So my question is: how do you tighten the lighter socket so that it doesn't rotate with the above described apparatus? Please don't tell me that the car is built around the socket and I have to rip out the entire console to do this.

Or is there some other solution for easy handsfree usage?
Old 12-25-2002, 11:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

duct tape
Old 12-26-2002, 01:14 AM
A-CL Zen Buddha Master

On the sides of the part that sticks into the cig. lighter slot there should be two silver half circle looking deals...open it and and make it so they stick out further. This should give you a tighter fit. If not...aluminum foil and electrical tape.
Old 12-26-2002, 01:21 AM
Still trolling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
remove the trim that the cig lighter mounts to. A cig lighter is two pieces, the inner cylinder (what you stick things in) and the outer cylinder. The two screw together at the base. If you remove the trim where it mounts, unplug it, hold the inner cylinder with needle nose (wedge them in the slotted areas), and tighten the outer cylinder (behind the trim) it will tighten it. Basicly, you are wedging the trim it's mounted to, between the outter and inner cylinders. The outter being a tightening sleeve.

I will look for a picture or something to better explain, but this should take all of 5 minutes to do....