Gunn Acura in San Antonio, clueless!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2001, 04:47 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gunn Acura in San Antonio, clueless!

I could not believe I walked into an Acura dealership today. Wanted Comptech sways put in.

1. Parts guys says comptech hasn't sent him
a price list in a while, and he handed me
a copy of their brochure. Said I was better off ordering it directly from them then bringing it back to be installed.
Says I will get a better price than he would (huh?). When I ask him how much to install he directs me to the service dept.

2. I speak to a service rep, who tells me they can't install a part unless they order it, I explain #1 and she says ok, I need to ask one of the mechanics how much that costs. This I didn't get as I thought the service ppl handled costs and mechanics did their mechanic thing. She then returns and tells me the sways on an integra costs $200 in labor, so figure $280 ballpark for the CL-S. I asked her if she could give me a more firm figure and she said no.

Fortunately I went to Sterling McCall in Houston over the weekend and they quoted me a little over $550 installed. Not a great price but at least they had their act together.

Just my .02

Smeg
Old 07-24-2001, 09:10 AM
Pro

well you are doing better than atlanta. only 1 out of the 3 dealers I know will even touch a comptech part. The rest told me shit like it will void your warranty and we can never work on your car again cause honda wont allow us to .
so at least they know what comptech is >
Old 07-24-2001, 11:11 AM
Intermediate

I got the same line of BS for a dealership here in Raleigh, NC about installing some springs - they had no clue what the charge would be - they even said that I would have to bring them the install instructions. I finally got a firm price from a dealer in Rochester, NY (~1hr drive from my home town which I visit once in a while) they quoted $109 per spring!!!!!!! Talk about f'ing outrageous! I finally had it done at an import garage that was recommended by Comptech. They did it for $165 in labor - a far cry from $436!
Old 07-24-2001, 12:04 PM
Racer

I used to live in sa... that is where I bought my CLs, you are right they are clueless, fortunatly I knew more than they did and I knew that was the car I wanted. But besides that, the Austin dealership isnt that bad.... You should check them out before going out to H-town....Austin is alot closer.
Old 07-24-2001, 02:11 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by Smeg:
<STRONG>I could not believe I walked into an Acura dealership today. Wanted Comptech sways put in.

a copy of their brochure. Said I was better off ordering it directly from them then bringing it back to be installed.
Says I will get a better price than he would (huh?). When I ask him how much to install he directs me to the service dept.

2. I speak to a service rep, who tells me they can't install a part unless they order it, I explain #1 and she says ok, I need to ask one of the mechanics how much that costs. This I didn't get as I thought the service ppl handled costs and mechanics did their mechanic thing. She then returns and tells me the sways on an integra costs $200 in labor, so figure $280 ballpark for the CL-S. I asked her if she could give me a more firm figure and she said no.

Fortunately I went to Sterling McCall in Houston over the weekend and they quoted me a little over $550 installed. Not a great price but at least they had their act together.

Just my .02

Smeg</STRONG>
Is that Gunn on I35 just north of I410? That Acura dealership on the northside of town I purchased my red 1987 Integra LS brand new from them, first one on the lot fully loaded for $14,400. They were a lot better back then. How times have changed....
Old 07-24-2001, 04:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Smeg:
<STRONG>I could not believe I walked into an Acura dealership today. Wanted Comptech sways put in.

Just my .02

Smeg</STRONG>
Hey buddy,
If it's just the sways do it yourself, the sways aren't that hard to install (the hardest part about the whole thing is taking the busings to reuse on the front from the factory sways to the Comptechs).