got a ticket

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 01:56 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got a ticket

ok,
i live in Los angeles county, and i'm driving down the 10 east on saturday afternoon, this is near the fremont exit i believe. So there is traffic and i have my grandparents in the car, i see like 4 or 5 cars cross the double yellow lines( there are 2 sets of them with a strip where cars can stop in the middle) and go into the carpool lane. I figure, hey if there was a cop of chp they would've gotten them. so i cut the yellow lines and go into the carpool lane, and then all of a sudden i hear sirens, and there is a pig on a motorcycle., so i had to stop and i tried to get out of it, but he still gave me a ticket.

2 questions.

How much do you guys think this citation could be around? an estimate or a range is appreciated.

will this affect my insurance?

I asked the cop and he wasn't sure, and i called up Farmer's insurance and they said they wouldn't know until it was procecssed by dmv and received by them.

Also on a side note. i got a speeding ticket i believe around october or november and i did online traffic school for that and i think its cleared from my insurance cuz Farmer's said they see no record of it. I don't know if my latest citation could raise my insurance rates cuz of that last speeding ticket. I know that the citation won't go against my drivers license, according to what the cop told me

So any help would be much appreciated.
Thanx!
Old 01-25-2005, 02:14 AM
Banned

Crossing a double yellow....probably $150-250. I've never been caught for that....seems pretty serious because a double yellow is like an invisible wall (absolutely, no crossing).

It's a one pointer. Your rates will rise and it will count against your driving record. Never believe what an officer tells you. He just enforces the law, he doesnt make them. 3 years before they drop off your record for insurance.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:23 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
moomaster_99 is about right. and if you took traffic school within the last 18 months so you are technically ineligable for traffic school again. but sometimes you can get away with it if you go to court and kindly ask the judge. go to court. and if that's the story, just tell the judge and hopefully they'll be nice and reduce it and send you to traffic school, or completely drop it. if not, worst case scenerio would be the full fee and one point, which WILL cause adverse affects on your record, thus raising your rates.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:54 AM
Cruisin'

got ticket

The answer to your question: $271
Old 01-25-2005, 03:22 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mr5parkle
moomaster_99 is about right. and if you took traffic school within the last 18 months so you are technically ineligable for traffic school again. but sometimes you can get away with it if you go to court and kindly ask the judge. go to court. and if that's the story, just tell the judge and hopefully they'll be nice and reduce it and send you to traffic school, or completely drop it. if not, worst case scenerio would be the full fee and one point, which WILL cause adverse affects on your record, thus raising your rates.
you would have to go to traffic school for something like that? i thought it would just be a fee and that would be it
Old 01-25-2005, 06:33 AM
Team Owner

Please post this again in the Ramblings section if you wish to continue the discussion.
We are unable to MOVE files from here to there right now so we’ve been instructed to lock NON-CL specific threads.