Got Smoked By Supercharged S2K

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 05:00 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by ///M Roadster
You are correct. S2K is a bit lighter but it lack torque as well.
All of following numbers are from Mustang dyno.

S52 M Roadster Vs S2000, I would say it comes down to the driver.

S54 M Roadster Vs SCed S2000, I would put my money on M Roadster but it's very close.

SCed S54 M Roadster Vs SCed S2000, no competition, period.

SCed S54 M Roadster Vs Turboed S2000, no competition unless Turboed S2000 can run sub 12s.

Talking about supercharging a 11.5 C/R engine. How much boost are they running with that C/R on the S54 engines? less than 5psi right?

MRoadster, how far are u from VA Mclean tyson corner. What did ur car run soo far?
Old 09-30-2002, 08:24 AM
Advanced

My car is being Super Charged by RMS as we speak right now and it's the first S54 M car in the States known to have SC. My car was the show car at the Curry's Clash a couple of weeks ago. It is running 9 psi with wet secondary fuel injection system. It is putting down about 395 rwhp to 399 rwhp on Mustang dyno machine. Curry's is upgrading the head gasket cause it blew from the high boost.

Reliability? RMS is known to be very reliable as long as it's tuned right. Osh (RMS developer and owner) tuned my car personally so I have no problem there. Will S54 hold this much power? The rev limit is decreased by 400 and I feel safe. I was running 8100 RPM with Dinan Stage I before this SC. So running less RPM with more power is only as much dangerous as running at 8100, I think.

I and bunch of other S2000 and BMW owners are supposed to be hitting the track (MIR) this weekend. So we will find out what this car can do. My car only put 250+ rwhp before the SC on Mustang Dyno so extra 150 rwhp will come in handy, I hope. I am assuming low to mid 11sec with an excellent driver. I am a average driver, so maybe low 12s? We will see.

I live about 15 minutes away from Tyson's Corner.
Old 09-30-2002, 08:51 AM
Instructor

My car is being Super Charged by RMS as we speak right now and it's the first S54 M car in the States known to have SC. My car was the show car at the Curry's Clash a couple of weeks ago. It is running 9 psi with wet secondary fuel injection system. It is putting down about 395 rwhp to 399 rwhp on Mustang dyno machine. Curry's is upgrading the head gasket cause it blew from the high boost.

Reliability? RMS is known to be very reliable as long as it's tuned right. Osh (RMS developer and owner) tuned my car personally so I have no problem there. Will S54 hold this much power? The rev limit is decreased by 400 and I feel safe. I was running 8100 RPM with Dinan Stage I before this SC. So running less RPM with more power is only as much dangerous as running at 8100, I think.

I and bunch of other S2000 and BMW owners are supposed to be hitting the track (MIR) this weekend. So we will find out what this car can do. My car only put 250+ rwhp before the SC on Mustang Dyno so extra 150 rwhp will come in handy, I hope. I am assuming low to mid 11sec with an excellent driver. I am a average driver, so maybe low 12s? We will see.

I live about 15 minutes away from Tyson's Corner.

9PSi I hope this will go well. I just hope that they are going to lower your Compression Ratio with those gaskets. 9psi on 11.5 C/R engine is too much in my opinion. So whats the C/R going be after the SC installed? 395RWHP on a Z3 will be something to watch.
Old 09-30-2002, 09:25 AM
Advanced

11.5:1 is high, I agree. Osh is a very well known guy in the BMW tuner scene and he seems to think it will be okay. I've seen him at work for last 2 weeks and I have no doubt that he will make things all right. One of the things he did was wet secondary fuel injection system. It has secondary fuel delivery system that injects fuel before air gets shoved into 6 individual throttle bodies. According to Osh, this lessens the burden of engine running at high boost.

The CR will likely stay the same with stronger head gasket since no one mentioned about it. But it is likely that the car will have aftercooler as well (Osh is making one right now). That will yield a bit more power as well.

And I hope this goes well too. The delivery date was 2 weeks ago but they are still working on the car. Since it's the first car to have this kit, a lot of work has been done and will be done.
Old 09-30-2002, 09:43 AM
Instructor

11.5:1 is high, I agree. Osh is a very well known guy in the BMW tuner scene and he seems to think it will be okay. I've seen him at work for last 2 weeks and I have no doubt that he will make things all right. One of the things he did was wet secondary fuel injection system. It has secondary fuel delivery system that injects fuel before air gets shoved into 6 individual throttle bodies. According to Osh, this lessens the burden of engine running at high boost.

The CR will likely stay the same with stronger head gasket since no one mentioned about it. But it is likely that the car will have aftercooler as well (Osh is making one right now). That will yield a bit more power as well.

And I hope this goes well too. The delivery date was 2 weeks ago but they are still working on the car. Since it's the first car to have this kit, a lot of work has been done and will be done.
I have to see ur car when u get it. I want to know how are they going to make this second fule system. If it is possible to make a LS1 with 10.2C/R to run 9Psi that would put us close to 600RWHP. The higher we can go is 5-7psi and that is pushing it. I have seen people with rebuilt motors(rods/pistons/rings/etc..) with same displacment running up to 10psi with 9.0C/R.