got my cl!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2001, 05:40 PM
watch the weather change

Location: Houston, TX - Uhhh, now what y'all know bout them Texas boys, Comin down in candied toys, smokin wee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got my cl!!!

I got my CL about a week ago. Just really wanted to know how to break it in. I have been driving normally, not going beyond 60 and keeping it under 2500 rpm when accelerating. Is that ok??? Also I wanted to replace the driving lights to match closer with my headlights, anyone have any suggestions as to which brand matches the closest??? Thanks in advance....

------------------
Jim
2001 CL Type S w/ navi and factory spoiler
Old 02-17-2001, 05:50 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats on the car...i've had mine about a month and half now and love it. I asked the same question about breaking her in when i got mine and most folks on the forum said to take easy until about 750-1000 miles. That means no hard accelerating when she's cold and keeping the tach under 4500rpm as much as possible. Believe me it's hard not to open her up. But if you have to for any reason don't worry too much, as long as you don't do it all the time. Mine is just about to turn 1500 miles and i've been using the V-tech alot the last 500. It's a blast.

As for the lights go to the search function on the forum page and type in "lights". You'll get a long list of write ups on the topic of matching the fogs to the headlights. I believe most folks are using Polarg M6's or PIAA 19169's. You can also check AutoBulbDepot.com for some prices.

Enjoy your ride.

------------------
Bullet-TypeS