Got my ass WHOOPED by previous gen. Maxima tonight!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2001 | 05:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

This thread is on thin ice. I don't expect a "CL-S vs anything" thread to be all puppy dogs and smiles. But the yelling and trash talking WILL STOP NOW or this thread is history.

We can discuss this topic like semi-adults. You can talk trash, you just have to know how to do it right...
Old 07-26-2001 | 05:53 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by MikeN:
<STRONG>

LOL. Were you in your Viper at the time? </STRONG>
Haha, nope- the Slopar was in the garage collecting dust that day.
Old 07-26-2001 | 05:58 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Let us make simple and dandy...

MaxManiac, Post your 1/4 ET Times and Trap Speed, if any!

Stop the BS and go to the track and earn some Timeslips

Posted times for CLS are: 14.4-15.4s @90-97.
What is yours, do you have any at the greaaaaaat maxima.org
Old 07-26-2001 | 06:05 PM
Intermediate

thank you gold types for regulating. jesus people, its a fuc*in war zone in here!! both the maxima and cl-s are nice cars with the potential to be GREAT cars depending upon the specifications, the drivers, and the mods. oh, and i personally like lee's wheels, ive always liked hre's there just wayyyyyy too expensive for a kid like me. but a word of advice, chill out on the flaming lee, u have a nice ride, it looks better on your part if u sit tight and let others admire it rather than flaunt it....
just my .02
Old 07-26-2001 | 06:09 PM
Banned

Amen. (And I'm not even religious!)

Gold - the voice of reason.

Originally posted by GoldTypeS:
<STRONG>We can discuss this topic like semi-adults. You can talk trash, you just have to know how to do it right...</STRONG>
Old 07-26-2001 | 06:13 PM
Banned

hehehe....keep it interesting guys...
Trash talk all you want...but you have to back it up...
Old 07-26-2001 | 07:00 PM
Racer

ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION!!!!

i'd like to remind some of you. .

[ 07-26-2001: Message edited by: so cal type s ]
Old 07-26-2001 | 07:06 PM
Racer

see what happens one maxima jerk off comes in here and starts all this shit between us lets just make nice with each other and be happy. hands down we have the better car for performance luxury and plus the price of the cls is outstanding. the maxima people will always try to chase us down but they won't catch us.
Old 07-26-2001 | 09:41 PM
5th Gear

ahahaha i like that poster

I don't get how that guy was a "Maxima jerk"...you guys were talking crazy...the Maxima only won because he had a supercharger..or NOS??! thats stupid. I really dont get whats the deal between Maximas and CLs...i think this is all stupid and we should just respect each others cars...and stop thinking your cars are performance luxury gods...puleeze. your cars are great but theyre not the best...
Old 07-26-2001 | 10:21 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Ludacris:
<STRONG>ahahaha i like that poster

I don't get how that guy was a "Maxima jerk"...you guys were talking crazy...the Maxima only won because he had a supercharger..or NOS??! thats stupid. I really dont get whats the deal between Maximas and CLs...i think this is all stupid and we should just respect each others cars...and stop thinking your cars are performance luxury gods...puleeze. your cars are great but theyre not the best...</STRONG>
Actually...they are the best..for now!?! Not saying that the car wars aren't heating up. More luxury and performance than the Max...pure and simple. Hey!! The Max was the the fastest affordable Japanese Sedans for like the past few years..I admit it!! Great cars...but when you get topped after being on top for so long...you gonna cry about it??? I don't see guys with Integras crying when the Celica GT-S finally came out!!! They had like 7 years of dominance in the compact sport coupe segment...but the Celica GT-S is superior..on par with the Type-R if not more comfortable (relative term) and stylish. So, maybe when the Max comes out next year...it'll be beating on our CLs....but for right now...the CL-S owns the Max....
Old 07-26-2001 | 10:29 PM
5th Gear

whos crying?
Old 07-26-2001 | 10:44 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

I have to fess up! I was impressed with 00 Maxima SE fully loaded. Fast nice car, Above average interior,... looking at th shocking price $30K loaded... It was no brainer when I drove the CL-S with the cool NAV which one I will driving home.

No road assistance for Nissan's
No 4-yrs, 50K warrantee.

It is not a brainer... I love my CLS!
Old 07-26-2001 | 11:00 PM
Instructor

b4 i bought my CLS I test drove both an auto and a 5-speed maxima just to compare....but once I sat in the CLS, my mind was made up... the stick maxima was a very sporty car and I could have gotten it alot cheaper at the time, but when it came to the intangible factors, feel vs. looks...I went ahead and spent the money and got the CLS......and Im glad I did after a year of ownership.

Old 07-26-2001 | 11:00 PM
almost as fast as a CL-S

Originally posted by TypeSKid:
<STRONG>Maximas are shit...I've NEVER been beaten by one, its all about the driver kids... </STRONG>
skid mark.. i am going to remember you said that
Old 07-26-2001 | 11:05 PM
almost as fast as a CL-S

http://forums.off-topic.net/showthre...7&pagenumber=2

coincidence? hmm..i don't think so
<STRONG>

I can't believe anyone hasn't jumped on his ass about this! So... you got .4 from an intake, eh?

If you frequent internet forums such as this one then you're sure to know that that is QUITE a gain from just an intake.

SO.... how about some before and after dynos and timeslips? Until I see them I think you're talkin' out of your ass.....</STRONG>
Old 07-27-2001 | 12:01 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by doug:
<STRONG>http://forums.off-topic.net/showthread.php?s=b29dd69ad3c0eb105de8 95ee9eca51a2&threadid=63467&pagenumber=2

coincidence? hmm..i don't think so </STRONG>
That's a two page post. Is there a point you were trying to make?

Old 07-27-2001 | 12:04 AM
almost as fast as a CL-S

<STRONG>

That's a two page post. Is there a point you were trying to make?

</STRONG>
hmmm

Originally posted by MaxOwner

hmm..

I ran 15.5 Stock 2.4 60ft

added an intake

6 fwhp ran 15.1 = .4 gone 2.2 60 ft

added y pipe and killed 2 cats

10 fwhp ran 14.7 = .4 gone 2.1 60 ft

added test pipe killed main cat

10 fwhp ran 14.3 = .4 gone 2.1 60 ft

maybe my math is fucked up
Old 07-27-2001 | 12:11 AM
Rx Master

i too choose the cl-s over the 00 or 01 maxima , cant remneber which one it was but it was last june. they were goin to give me the SE with leather and bose for 450 sign and drive, just take the car today, and send check next month, but i said no, casue i have owned 2 other maximas and didnt want a 3rd just yet. i loved it and liked the ride, but i love the 5speed SS mode, and max didnt have it, and i cant drive 5 speed, just yet, so gettin the stick doesnt help me. i also thought it was ugly in the back with the lights. my parents just got the 01 maxima se and i cangt wait to drive it, even though i could really care less, just want to see it and drive it to my friends, but as far as the next car, we'll see how the infiniti looks,but im certainly not gettin the new 2002 maxima casue its fugly.
wg
Old 07-27-2001 | 12:14 AM
almost as fast as a CL-S

if you can't drive stick shift.. the CL-S would be a quicker car.. unless you get a 2002 Max with 260 hp.. that should be comparable to the CL-S

Originally posted by URIRx98:
<STRONG>i too choose the cl-s over the 00 or 01 maxima , cant remneber which one it was but it was last june. they were goin to give me the SE with leather and bose for 450 sign and drive, just take the car today, and send check next month, but i said no, casue i have owned 2 other maximas and didnt want a 3rd just yet. i loved it and liked the ride, but i love the 5speed SS mode, and max didnt have it, and i cant drive 5 speed, just yet, so gettin the stick doesnt help me. i also thought it was ugly in the back with the lights. my parents just got the 01 maxima se and i cangt wait to drive it, even though i could really care less, just want to see it and drive it to my friends, but as far as the next car, we'll see how the infiniti looks,but im certainly not gettin the new 2002 maxima casue its fugly.
wg </STRONG>
Old 07-27-2001 | 01:48 AM
Three Wheelin'

<STRONG>
quote:

added an intake

</STRONG>
I assume this is the part that you think is relevant. But again, I ask....

Can I see a dyno and some timeslips as verification? Also, can I see several? Is this a common thing or an abnormality? Do all Max's get 0.4 in the 1/4 by adding an intake? Also, can we have some temperatures and humidity levels for the two runs? Any extra experience for the driver between runs? I could go on and on.....

So some guy posts some numbers on an internet forum... and you take this as gospel??

Again I ask... do you have a point?
Old 07-27-2001 | 10:03 AM
Find beauty in dissonance

<STRONG>

Can I see a dyno and some timeslips as verification? Also, can I see several? Is this a common thing or an abnormality? Do all Max's get 0.4 in the 1/4 by adding an intake? Also, can we have some temperatures and humidity levels for the two runs? Any extra experience for the driver between runs? I could go on and on.....

So some guy posts some numbers on an internet forum... and you take this as gospel??

Again I ask... do you have a point? </STRONG>
I have to agree, looks like the driver improved. A 15.5 stock is not too good. How many times did he run a 15.5? Hopefully several times on different days to show some consistency.

Yeah, stock I ran a 16.5, pissed in my gas tank, then ran a 14.9

[ 07-27-2001: Message edited by: Bluto ]

Old 07-27-2001 | 12:34 PM
almost as fast as a CL-S

The Average on Maxima.org is .3 - .4 secs .. i could show you a time slip but thats not going to show you my mods or any diffrent..

i do have a video of when i ran with the intake in.. That other Maxima in the video is a 99 Auto.. that ran 15.9 stock and he also bought a Cold Air Intake and he ran 15.6 he later improved to a 15.5
http://racevideos.faction-zero.net/D...15_1vs15_6.asf

Please note the Stillen Intake (Hot Air Intake) and JWT Intake (Hot Air Intake) does not yeild such great results as the Place Racing Cold Air Intake.. and these runs were during late Nov so the Athmosphere was great and the time was very very cool.. at one of the fastest tracks in the US English Town Raceway..

however my 14.3 and 14.7 runs were in the dead of early summer so i am looking for better times when winter rolls around.. i will try to get more videos then

<STRONG>

Again I ask... do you have a point? </STRONG>
Old 07-27-2001 | 12:45 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by MaxManiac:
All I have is a intake, and I have not taken a picture of it yet. Just a cone under the hood.

hmm..

added an intake

I thought u had only one mod......
Old 07-27-2001 | 12:50 PM
almost as fast as a CL-S

I see you are not very sharp.. we are two diffrent people..

he owns a Black/Black 2001 5spd Maxima SE

I own a White/Black 1997 5spd Maxima GXE

Originally posted by Type S-Dogg:
<STRONG>Originally posted by MaxManiac:
All I have is a intake, and I have not taken a picture of it yet. Just a cone under the hood.

hmm..

added an intake

I thought u had only one mod......
</STRONG>
Old 07-27-2001 | 03:35 PM
Banned

<STRONG>I see you are not very sharp.. we are two diffrent people..

he owns a Black/Black 2001 5spd Maxima SE

I own a White/Black 1997 5spd Maxima GXE

</STRONG>
Heheheh...who's the one thinking he shaves .4 seconds off the 1/4 with an intake!?! Take that riceboy math to any enthusiasts forum and they will laugh you off the board....and you will give Max owners the worst reputation!! Go ahead...go to SHO or overboost.com and see what they think of your .4 1/4 mile improvement with just an intake!!!
Old 07-27-2001 | 04:05 PM
almost as fast as a CL-S

its one thing if you don't believe what i say.. but don't try to insult my inteligence.. if you feel you disagree with me say so.. but saying it did not happend and calling me a rice boy? well that isn't saying much of you..

Originally posted by moomaster_99:
<STRONG>
Heheheh...who's the one thinking he shaves .4 seconds off the 1/4 with an intake!?! Take that riceboy math to any enthusiasts forum and they will laugh you off the board....and you will give Max owners the worst reputation!! Go ahead...go to SHO or overboost.com and see what they think of your .4 1/4 mile improvement with just an intake!!!</STRONG>
Old 07-27-2001 | 04:08 PM
Banned

<STRONG>its one thing if you don't believe what i say.. but don't try to insult my inteligence.. if you feel you disagree with me say so.. but saying it did not happend and calling me a rice boy? well that isn't saying much of you..

</STRONG>
Okay...I disagree with you. Now take that idea of a .4 1/4 mile improvement to another forum and they'll tell you the same thing....that it is RICE BOY MATH!
What it is saying to me is that you don't understand mods very well.
Old 07-27-2001 | 04:09 PM
almost as fast as a CL-S

i already told you guys if you thought i was full of shit.. go to the maxima forum and find out what people run with just intakes..
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....threadid=37490

there is a link with 1/4 mile times of a lot of people.. draw your own conclusion
Old 07-27-2001 | 04:11 PM
almost as fast as a CL-S

<STRONG>Okay...I disagree with you. Now take that idea of a .4 1/4 mile improvement to another forum and they'll tell you the same thing....that it is RICE BOY MATH!
What it is saying to me is that you don't understand mods very well.</STRONG>
no what you don't understand is because car A responds to mods better than car B doesn't mean that ALL cars will respond to mods the same way as Car B.. it has been proven that intakes don't make diffrences in alot of cars.. the IS300? it looses power.. the Accord? it does little.. the CAI makes a HUGE difference on a maxima.. may not on your CL-S .. but hey.. thats not my problem.. people learn something new everyday.. here is your chance..
Old 07-27-2001 | 04:12 PM
4th Gear

Originally posted by bry_lee:
<STRONG>DOES NISSAN DO ANY PROFESSIONAL RACING LIKE HONDA?
</STRONG>
hehehe funniest comment of this thread i think...

um did u ever hear of a 300zx or a SKYLINE??? hmmmm
:p :p
Old 07-27-2001 | 04:14 PM
almost as fast as a CL-S

Originally posted by psing23:
<STRONG>

hehehe funniest comment of this thread i think...

um did u ever hear of a 300zx or a SKYLINE??? hmmmm
:p :p</STRONG>
180sx, Silva, Primera, Bulebird SSS, Cima, Cedric.. the list goes on
Old 07-27-2001 | 04:18 PM
4th Gear

<STRONG> 180sx, Silva, Primera, Bulebird SSS, Cima, Cedric.. the list goes on</STRONG>

SE-R
Old 07-27-2001 | 04:18 PM

<STRONG>i already told you guys if you thought i was full of shit.. go to the maxima forum and find out what people run with just intakes..
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....threadid=37490

there is a link with 1/4 mile times of a lot of people.. draw your own conclusion</STRONG>
I didn't see many 'just intake' cars, or before and after 'just intake' time slips.
You need to show CONSISTENT time slips before and after the intake, under the same conditions, with a .4 sec improvement.

Old 07-27-2001 | 04:19 PM
Banned

<STRONG>
there is a link with 1/4 mile times of a lot of people.. draw your own conclusion</STRONG>
I think most of the Maxs are slow...there a few quick ones though...I still don't see where you got the .4 improvement with just an intake though....hey!! tell you what...I'll go to streetracing.org and post that I have a Max 5spd and that I can eat cars all day because I have an air filter that improved my stock time from 15.3 to 14.9!?!
Old 07-27-2001 | 04:23 PM
almost as fast as a CL-S

my car was rated at 15.7 stock

<STRONG>I think most of the Maxs are slow...there a few quick ones though...I still don't see where you got the .4 improvement with just an intake though....hey!! tell you what...I'll go to streetracing.org and post that I have a Max 5spd and that I can eat cars all day because I have an air filter that improved my stock time from 15.3 to 14.9!?!</STRONG>
Old 07-27-2001 | 04:24 PM
almost as fast as a CL-S

no you see cars with 3 bolt-ons running 14.7/14.8 when they were 15.7 stock

Originally posted by Bluto:
<STRONG>

I didn't see many 'just intake' cars, or before and after 'just intake' time slips.
You need to show CONSISTENT time slips before and after the intake, under the same conditions, with a .4 sec improvement.

[ 07-27-2001: Message edited by: Bluto ]</STRONG>
Old 07-27-2001 | 04:26 PM
Banned

<STRONG>my car was rated at 15.7 stock

</STRONG>
Doug...tell you what...I don't wanna mess with you anymore....Just know this....THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY THAT YOU CAN GET A .4 1/4 MILE IMPROVEMENT WITH JUST A FILTER. I can attribute your improvement to better racing conditions and improvement at drag racing. With your car...maybe .1~.14 improvement...
Old 07-27-2001 | 04:30 PM

3 bolt ons = 1 sec ??

This does not take into account:
driver improvement
weather conditions
weight of car (system, gastank)
tire pressure
any other mods (new tires, wheels, etc.)

And you still need to show consistent times before and after the mods Otherwise like moo said: it's rice boy math

If you know anything about running at a track, you would understand what my point is.

<STRONG>no you see cars with 3 bolt-ons running 14.7/14.8 when they were 15.7 stock

</STRONG>
Old 07-27-2001 | 04:33 PM
almost as fast as a CL-S

ok its obvious your going to be ignorant about the situation.. first off its not a filter only.. the cars with the filter only.. eg. Stillen Intakes and JWT Pop Chargers run .1 to .2 .. the CAI goes from the engine through a cut hole in the fender down to the fog light hole infront of the wheel well.. but that doesn't matter to you anyway..

i already told you boys.. explain how a 15.6/15.7 stock car is running 14.7/14.8 on just Cold Air Intake and Y Pipe?
<STRONG>
Doug...tell you what...I don't wanna mess with you anymore....Just know this....THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY THAT YOU CAN GET A .4 1/4 MILE IMPROVEMENT WITH JUST A FILTER. I can attribute your improvement to better racing conditions and improvement at drag racing. With your car...maybe .1~.14 improvement...</STRONG>
Old 07-27-2001 | 04:36 PM
almost as fast as a CL-S

did you read the thread genious? if you did then you would notice that more than 5 cars in that thread are running 14.7/14.8 with 3 or less bolt on's .. i did it with 2 .. others took 3 ..

Originally posted by Bluto:
<STRONG>3 bolt ons = 1 sec ??

This does not take into account:
driver improvement
weather conditions
weight of car (system, gastank)
tire pressure
any other mods (new tires, wheels, etc.)

And you still need to show consistent times before and after the mods Otherwise like moo said: it's rice boy math

If you know anything about running at a track, you would understand what my point is.

</STRONG>

Quick Reply: Got my ass WHOOPED by previous gen. Maxima tonight!