Got the Force Feedback for GT3

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2001 | 06:25 PM
Advanced

Got the Force Feedback for GT3

Got the "Force Feedback" steering wheel and pedals for GT3 last night. It's sweet but you need something to set it up on. Honestly the coffee table and a chair won't cut it. Just so you guys know, I think we're better off with the analog controller.

If you have a room dedicated to your toys get the wheel and build a ergonomic set up to house it, that way it will be worth it.
Old 07-24-2001 | 07:39 PM
hater

I do have a dedicated room, the corner of my office.

The TV is temporary, and will be replaced with a 20" or 24" flat screen here shortly. The extra desk I had works out well and has a pull out keyboard tray that the wheel is mounted to that puts it into a lower, more natural position. The Aeron chair is really the way to go with this set-up and makes it super comfortable for long stints with the game.
Old 07-24-2001 | 07:49 PM
Suzuka Master

my coworker just said he got a usb wheel he was using from his computer and it works fine.
Old 07-24-2001 | 11:46 PM
Advanced

Droideka, you have it wired! I'm taking mine back tonight. I have 3 bedrooms, one of which is a toyroom. That room is so filled with surfboards, snowboards, wetsuits, camping gear, guitar & amp, radio controlled cars, not to mention all the little knick knacks that go with all the previously mentioned stuff. I can't even fit me in there! When I get a bigger house (or get rid of my wife) I wire in a PSII chill room like yours.

Cheers and have fun - I know you will
Old 07-25-2001 | 12:00 AM
hater

Originally posted by colbster:
<STRONG>Droideka, you have it wired! I'm taking mine back tonight. I have 3 bedrooms, one of which is a toyroom. That room is so filled with surfboards, snowboards, wetsuits, camping gear, guitar & amp, radio controlled cars, not to mention all the little knick knacks that go with all the previously mentioned stuff. I can't even fit me in there! When I get a bigger house (or get rid of my wife) I wire in a PSII chill room like yours.

Cheers and have fun - I know you will</STRONG>
That's funny you mention three rooms! I had three rooms before in my last house with one being my toy room and ran of out of space. This time around I got five bedrooms + office, so I get my toy room, weight room and PS2 room! My wife LOVES the set-up because I can close the doors to my office and not disturb her when she's watching TV upstairs.