Got caught with Laser?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2001 | 04:52 PM
Instructor

Got caught with Laser?

I got pulled over a couple of months ago by a cop who was supposedly standing in the median using laser detector. He said that he had scanned me head-on shooting directly down the side of the road. My question is how in the hell did this guy scan me when there was a minivan in front of me and I was changing lanes from left to right? Can they scan through other cars? I could not even find my car in a parking lot because it is so low, but this guy could pick my car out of a crowd. The road was staight. His partner wrote me a ticket for not having my registration up to date (which I had). I could not find it at first, and then I found it in my glovebox. The cop said that I did not present it in a timely fashion. BS!! I think these guys were harrasing me. The funniest part was the my car was teal on one ticket is was green and the other it was blue. Go Figure? These guys must have not gotten together on the color scheme.
FYI: I was driving my old CRX Si which had extremely loud exhaust and a sticker on the back that said HONDA RACING and it was lowered with 16" rims. A typical rice-mobile.

------------------
1998 2.3CL-P Bone Stock
Old 06-25-2001 | 01:23 AM
Race Director

Living in Kansas where there are long straight roads, I can attest that if you stand in the median, you can see all the approaching cars within laser range.

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor * V1 *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *
Old 06-25-2001 | 01:31 AM
I am Jack's need 4 SPEED!

hey, what is the range on laser anyway? just line-of-sight??

------------------
you are not your fukking signature.
Old 06-25-2001 | 01:52 AM
Race Director

The range is probably a lot further than the legal range. Because it is so difficult to hold the beam steady (which is required for an accurate shot), there are legal ranges established (by State) beyond which a reading is not acceptable. Was it 1/4 mile?

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor * V1 *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *