Goodie goodie, the Unichip is coming!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 01:33 PM
JZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goodie goodie, the Unichip is coming!

Just got this email--as many of you did!

I have received everyone’s contact info via email. As we move closer to the ship date I will need to verify
Mailing addresses, payment details (C.O.D., Visa or MasterCard) and shipping options with all of you. Our company standard is FedEx 2 Day,
So if anyone would prefer an option differently please let me know. We will be ready to ship out PnP Kits to the Group Buy Members
By May 15th as I’m sure everyone is excited to get revved up with there new modification. If you have any other concerns please feel free
To contact us.

Kind Regards,

Todd Brainard
Unichip of North America
Old 04-26-2004, 01:34 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
interested to see what the gains will be
Old 04-26-2004, 01:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
I'm lazy to seach the topic any 6 speed one yet? Last I heard they requested a car to test.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Got my info. today also, looks like they are shooting for May 15th..
Old 04-26-2004, 04:32 PM
Sweet as Gold

I DID NOT GET MY E-MAIL YET...ANYONE ELSE NOT GET THEIRS YET!!!
Old 04-27-2004, 04:14 PM
One who Laps

I haven't seen anything yet, will be checking regularly though.
Old 04-27-2004, 04:52 PM
Sweet as Gold

Originally posted by sonor kid
still no e-mail!!!
Old 04-27-2004, 04:52 PM
///M POWER

got the e-mail last nite
Old 04-27-2004, 05:33 PM
Instructor

OK ive read all the threads on this; this chip just plugs in next to our ECU and thats it? if i dont want it in there i can just pull it out and my car goes back to normal? How much is this thing again?
Old 04-27-2004, 05:46 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally posted by philgates
OK ive read all the threads on this; this chip just plugs in next to our ECU and thats it? if i dont want it in there i can just pull it out and my car goes back to normal? How much is this thing again?

Yes you are correct. Plug it in and gain 10-15 whp and torque across the entire powerband.

Take it out and you are back to normal.

Oh, but you are too late. They are only making 35 of them for $675 shipped.

Have fun trying to buy a used one too. They will most likely go for more than the original purchase price!

Snooze ya lose buddy....
Old 04-27-2004, 06:48 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by mrsteve
Yes you are correct. Plug it in and gain 10-15 whp and torque across the entire powerband.

Take it out and you are back to normal.

Oh, but you are too late. They are only making 35 of them for $675 shipped.

Have fun trying to buy a used one too. They will most likely go for more than the original purchase price!

Snooze ya lose buddy....
Wow, are you old enough to drive? From your post I imagine you as a child, dancing about gloating over eating the last cupcake. I bet you get all pissy when you sit in traffic next to someone who has a nicer car than you, jealous let's say. UniChip, eh? Wow, props man. You got the big ticket I guess.

Philgates, Fuzzy, etc: don't worry, there will be plenty more opportuities for another chip in the future. Likley even further refined versions as more data will be collected from this time around and these companies learn how to better tweek the J3A2, possibly for even less money as anything that is "new" and "original" will naturally have an inflated price tag. I've watched this same process follow through with several models of cars, turbo and non-turbo since the early nineties. Initially the market is sparse and pricey, though as the car ages the market develops, people who've had the car begin to look towards modifying the vehicle to renew appeal or warranty termination and others (cars) which have been sold fall into the hands of people wanting to modify from the beginning. Aftermarket support for vehicles tends to become more affordable as the model line ages. Properly organized, even among this board another GB of even say forty members could be arranged.

And say, just for fun that somehow the laws of the Universe change such that the construction of another unit which effects the same engine managment techniques is no longer possible or the demand for such a unit disappears COMPLETELY somehow within the next few days. Hey, no big deal. I'm assured you each have quite a bit more going on in your life than a supposed 10 HP/(lb/ft) -(ahh, a dyno or two proven, that's right), no matter where it is on the tach. Oh, that's right Life is all (1/4) at a time, isn't it? Too bad you can't put on that Unichip sticker now...

MrSteve: Don't be a tool. Stuck with chipping a CL-S? Man, that sucks, snooze ya lose I guess...
Old 04-27-2004, 07:03 PM
Instructor

Manic: NOBODY LIKES YOU
do the rest of us a favor and file an application for a 2004 Darwin Award
Old 04-27-2004, 07:16 PM
///M POWER

:pop:
Old 04-27-2004, 07:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Manic - Thank you for your contribution to this thread.. It was very insightful and very well thought out and also right on topic.. Almost premeditated, to say the least... I'm glad there are people like you in this world that have the time to browse from forum to forum to voice their opinion on something that bugs you so deeply.. Who are you to judge someone?
Old 04-27-2004, 08:01 PM
Team Owner

Manic - Kill Yourself

:noob:

Do you even own a car?

And for you information there are no stickers on my car; ass.
Old 04-27-2004, 08:25 PM
Team Owner

Oh and I bet 85% of all members of this board get jealous when they see a nicer can than theirs. Have you seen all the posts that say "XXXX spotted!" With pics of hot ass cars?? You are an idiot and I demand you never show your face here again. :flamer:

WHERE'S YOUR RIDE BITCH?!?!

Old 04-27-2004, 09:44 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by mrsteve
Oh and I bet 85% of all members of this board get jealous when they see a nicer can than theirs. Have you seen all the posts that say "XXXX spotted!" With pics of hot ass cars?? You are an idiot and I demand you never show your face here again. :flamer:

WHERE'S YOUR RIDE BITCH?!?!

Gutter Guard in the grill, and now you're a man. You don't want to see pictures of my "ride", it wouldn't do well for your ego and I don't feel the need to vindicate myself to anyone much less you. To feed your condition though, I will tell you that it will not only run circles around yours (chip or not) it will do so with four doors and a babyseat. But who cares, my neighbor has two cars which could be considered superior in many respects AND he's got a prettier yard! we are still more than civil with each other.)

The point being, and you obviously missed it completely, was: cars? So what? I've got two graduate degrees, a high-power telescope and the love of my life (a 4 year old girl) -all of which rank many many positions above any automobile I've ever owned (including my '03 CL-S, which was pretty high up there) My position is no different than many others on this and other boards, so you can imagine how silly you look when a vaild question from another member is trounced by the level at which you seem to operate.

Read your first post, your flaunting something you have no measure of value for nor do you know anything about. ("Oh, I read it will do this on a web board, and there are only 35 in the whole world! I've got one, sucks for you!") You tried to step on someone elses day to make yours better, it's sad you seem have an empty life pal but don't be a tool to the rest of us trying to compensate or expect us to have a likeness in your lack of perspective. Conclusion: Be nice, no one is ever going to remember your car, or anything you put in it no matter how "rare" so don't ever pretend as if it really matters. Neither does everyone else judge you as you judge them, try to consider that when that "nicer" car pulls up to you at a light that they might actually be thinking about the night before or the next week at work. (Not everyone is jealous as you are though we can all appreciate and dream, jealousy seeds resentment and discontent, the type of unhappiness that would make you develop a shit-head online personality towards strangers.)

To the rest of you who were offended, relax. Nothing derrogatory was ever said about your cars or your chip, it's sarcasm -an exceedingly effective means to aggitate the insecure.
Old 04-27-2004, 09:50 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Holy shit.

This is a car forum tough guy. Nobody gives a shit about telescopes or graduate degrees.

If ya got a nice car i'll be the first to give ya props. If ya don't, who cares.

Post pics of your said car or :noob: .
Old 04-27-2004, 10:01 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by Chaptorial
Holy shit.

This is a car forum tough guy. Nobody gives a shit about telescopes or graduate degrees.

If ya got a nice car i'll be the first to give ya props. If ya don't, who cares.

Post pics of your said car or :noob: .
Tough? Well, once I start telling people to kill themselves, die, never show my face, call someone a bitch, instigate a challenge between who's car has more hardware accessories attached I think this would be a valid description, but for the time being I feel that you have things confused.

I already said I'm not going to play the picture game, if you want to meet me for some beer or barbecue sometime and your in the hill-country -I'll let you drive it. I don't play online persona tug-o-wars, there is no winning and like you said -who cares? Until then, let us at least try to to each other with at least a minimal inalienable respect.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:26 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I guess i'm just curious by nature but i just don't see why someone would post on a car forum that they have this great car that would run circles around the CL etc. and then not at least say what car it is.

Granted you did say it kinda indirectly cuz it wasn't in your first post but still.

I'm gonna say its an S/E/C AMG or something equivalent to them.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
there may be some good news on the horizon for you 6 speed guys. i'll keep you posted.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:32 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by Chaptorial
I guess i'm just curious by nature but i just don't see why someone would post on a car forum that they have this great car that would run circles around the CL etc. and then not at least say what car it is.

Granted you did say it kinda indirectly cuz it wasn't in your first post but still.

I'm gonna say its an S/E/C AMG or something equivalent to them.
Because I'm an old man, that's why. Older than many at least I would wager, there isn't much need in my life to be so cocky as I used to be. And by "circles", well that is what the magazines say. I rarely get the chance to address the performance capabilities of the vehicle, so to me that is not what it does. Most of the time surely.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:41 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

let us see if this new Goodies is SWEET!
Old 04-27-2004, 10:49 PM
Instructor

Online tug-o-wars? Manic, you need to learn one day your own BLARING conflictions
Be nice? Who called whom a tool? Nobody asked your OPINION about anything and when somebody asks you to back up anything you say, you can't play their "picture game" or whatever else you think is beneath you...

Somebody ban this tourist
Old 04-27-2004, 11:03 PM
Beware of leakage

Manic, I think you have clearly explained your point. I do think you were a little hard on MrSteve, as his comment was more from an excited state more so than a "I've got one and you don't". This is a forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Not stepping on any toes, just voicing what I think. I also think that your rebuttles were made with the best of intentions.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:08 PM
Intermediate

I'm with Manic...being a so called "noob" myself. Something similiar popped up and fellow members tend to stick with longevity as opposed to intelligence and common sense.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:29 PM
///M POWER

Originally posted by Idyfohu
I'm with Manic...being a so called "noob" myself. Something similiar popped up and fellow members tend to stick with longevity as opposed to intelligence and common sense.
:noob:
Old 04-28-2004, 06:08 AM
Racer

I still haven't gotten an email from unichip yet either. anyone else in the same boat?
Old 04-28-2004, 06:08 AM
Team Owner

Originally posted by Manic
The point being, and you obviously missed it completely, was: cars? So what? I've got two graduate degrees, a high-power telescope and...

Read your first post, your flaunting something you have no measure of value for nor do you know anything about...

You tried to step on someone elses day to make yours better, it's sad you seem have an empty life pal but don't be a tool to the rest of us trying to compensate or expect us to have a likeness in your lack of perspective...

make you develop a shit-head online personality towards strangers...

to aggitate the insecure...
Who gives a fuck about your graduate degrees, or your fucking telescopes?? Talk about insecure. Why do you need to bother telling ANYONE on this forum that and in the context of this post that has NOTHING to do with your personal accomplishments.

Read my first post?? How about you read the 44 pages of the actual Uni-Chip post that I have contributed to since the beginning. How can you say I "know nothing about it?"

I never tried to step on anyone or ruin anyone's day with my post. Although, look in the mirror buddy... talk about a hypocrite. You've brought nothing informative to this entire thread other than the fact that you have a children's car seat, a big telescope, and a ridiculous ability to walk into other people's business.

Shit head personality toward strangers too now?!? Again, look in the mirror. Have I EVER talked to you before on the forum or off it like I have with countless other members? So how come you come out attacking me calling me a tool and say I have an empty life??

Seems to me that everything you are trying to call me out on, you yourself are in-turn doing the exact same thing to begin with. I never made personal attacks at anyone or their cars, like you have. My reply to Phil’s post was intended to be jovial and to not to bring him down. If you have kept up with the original Uni-Chip thread you would see that many people have tried to get involved when it is too late. Where were all these people when we originally placed the order and started production?? THAT is why my post was written the way it was. I answered all of his questions about the chip, but then told him the bad news that it was too late for him to get involved.

Again, if you have nothing constructive to bring to the forum, stay out.

So once more :noob:

You've ruined this guy's thread, which was originally started to express our excitement of the arrival of our long awaited new mod.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:19 AM
Old timer

Uhm everyone attacking Manic sounds just like the shitheads on every other car forum. :shakehd:

I don't see what he said in his first post in this thread except to shut up that Steve guy who was being a smartass. The rest of the stuff you guys egged him into posting.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:59 AM
JZ
Three Wheelin'

Damn--my thread was hijacked!

Not to metnion, regardless of who posted it, I'm not sure I would ever tell anyone if I DID have a high powered telescope!
Old 04-28-2004, 08:03 AM
Retired

ew ew ew my telescope is bigger and more powerful than yours!!!!

WHO GIVES A FUCK?!?!
Old 04-28-2004, 08:35 AM
Suzuka Master

this thread stinks!!...

Time to close it!!
Old 04-28-2004, 08:37 AM
Burning Brakes

I keep thinking about the guy in "Can't Buy Me Love" who was saving up to buy a telescope. Crazy how image/thought association works. Everyone has different priorities - and yes, age often directly affects it. That's why I'm happy to be young(er) and able to fawn over "insignifcant" things such as my car

Can't wait for the chip!
Old 04-28-2004, 08:47 AM
Retired

yeah, like derelict says... can't wait for the chip!!! and then you'll have to come up and run again at englishtown...
Old 04-28-2004, 09:54 AM
Instructor

WOW, Did I start all this? I just asked a simple question LOL

As to mrsteves response, its was rather juvenile but what ya gonna do? I did sense some deep seeded insecurity issues in mrsteve though, he just has to have the latest and greatest stuff, and of course his stuff is better then everyone’s.

Maniac, thanks for the defense, and i can wait to get a chip; you where right about it not being a high priority; Ill just keep checking the boards to see if unichip will make more.

Cheers
Old 04-28-2004, 09:59 AM

This thread has been ruined, can someone close it?
Old 04-28-2004, 09:59 AM
Not Asian

Well, even though is think this was a stupid, I can see where Steve is coming from. I think he was just frustrated that when he was helping to get 20-25-30 people in on the group buy, it took forever. However, now that it is done and full, more people want one. Just frustration along with emotions.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:06 AM
Instructor

I was just asking a questiont that all.

mrsteve try not to wreck your mommy's car (or daddy’s, I’m sure its one of theirs, or they bought it for you cause you seem like a spoiled obnoxious child) with that chip.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:16 AM
7th Gear

now i can see why Steve would be upset that more people didnt get in on the buy but his delivery was god awful! He just made himself look like a whiny bitch by lashing out at someone who doesn't even know what's going on.

Manic then gets trounced on trying to back Phil up and no one seemed to get that or care to back Phil up themselves.

very interesting....

Quick Reply: Goodie goodie, the Unichip is coming!