Good Acura Service Experience

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2002, 09:45 AM
Where is my super sauce?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good Acura Service Experience

OK, there's a long thread about the bad guys out there - what about the good experiences?

Where have you had good experience at an Acura service provider? Where should I take my car for maintenance and warranty work? Who has the best loaners? Who's honest (does that word exist in the car business)? Who knows what they're doing?

I know that PAA will top the list, but many of us cannot make it to them for routine work.

I know there is a list in the FAQ, but it may need to be updated as I've seen 'good' dealers in the 'bad' dealer thread.

I know with my Integra I had a more 'fair' assesment, $$, and service at an independent Honda/Acura mechanic, but that car was way out of warranty (~150Kmiles). With my 2003 I feel like I'm obligated to take it to a dealer for service so if any warranty work is needed there will be no questions about what maintenance was done.
Old 07-09-2002, 10:00 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Sussman Acura in Maple Shade is very good. Not sure about their shop in PA.
Old 07-09-2002, 10:02 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Valley Stream Acura is excellent. They always fix my problems without the least bit of trouble. Norman, the service manager, is very knowledgeable. I always get an RSX or TL as a loaner car, and I know people who have gotten Type S RSX's as loaners. A Very good group
Old 07-09-2002, 10:19 AM
Banned

Gunn Acura here has done a great job. They have fixed everything I have complained about which wasn't alot. And also even installed my trunk springs for free! They are defintely high in my book.

Go Gunn!
Old 07-09-2002, 10:59 AM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Woodfield Acura gets a thumbs up from me!
Old 07-09-2002, 12:42 PM
A-CL Member

Hopkins Acura in Redwood City is excellent!! The service manager, Jim, is the best. He even pointed out rattles that I didn't hear. I got a MDX for a loaner.
Old 07-09-2002, 04:46 PM
Contagious

I've always taken my cars to Montgomeryville Acura and have never had a problem. One of the service managers did leave, but they replaced him with someone who is almost as good. They always take care of my cars and wash them (like they should) when they are finished. The only gripe I have are the loaner cars, but oh well.....
Old 07-09-2002, 05:01 PM
My Avator

i have had virtually no problems with my local dealer, weir canyon acura.
Old 07-09-2002, 07:43 PM
2nd Gear

Originally posted by rabs99
i have had virtually no problems with my local dealer, weir canyon acura.
Glad to hear that - I'm in Chino Hills, and was thinking this was a bit closer; I wasn't that impressed with Metro Acura or Acura of Riverside.

I have a deposit on a silver CL Type-S 6-Speed at Cerritos Acura (they had what I wanted).

There's a place called Integrity Honda/Acura in Chino; I was thinking about checking them out as well
Old 07-09-2002, 07:50 PM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Woodfield Acura always takes care of me!!!! They agreed to replace the leather on my drivers seat without even asking. When I take it in on Tuesday the 16th, they are giving me a free loaner........and I didn't even buy my car from there!!!!
Old 07-09-2002, 08:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I took my car to Vandergriff Acura today and had a pretty good experience. I had a bad rattle in my dash by the climate control, my windshield wipers were streaking really bad, and I wanted my tranny checked cause I noticed some slipping. I waited until my next oil change and got it all done at once.

When I made my appointment I asked about a loaner cause I figured all this would take a while and the guy said it wouldn't be a problem. Well when I dropped my car off and asked for a loaner he acted like they were all taken. I told him I asked about one yesterday and he had told me it wouldn't be a problem. So then he goes and finds me one. That was the only bad part. I got a new RSX to drive around, and I got free wiper replacements, the rattle got fixed, but they couldn't find anything wrong with the tranny. At least I got it on record in case anything happens later. All in all a pretty good experience.
Old 07-10-2002, 09:54 AM
Racer

As always, I recommend Karen Radley Acura in Woodbridge VA. I come away each time confident that they did what they say they did to the car and that it's clean!
Old 08-20-2002, 05:08 PM
2nd Gear

Stevens Creek Acura has been just short of knowing a relative that works at a dealership. My car, not only, gets returned clean, but almost fully detailed. They have fixed or serviced my car without any questions or grief. I'm scared to move out of the area.
Old 08-20-2002, 06:06 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 697 Likes on 539 Posts
Originally posted by NSXNEXT
Sussman Acura in Maple Shade is very good. Not sure about their shop in PA.
Yep, that's the place!@
Old 08-21-2002, 12:10 AM
Drifting

Steven's Creek Acura. My service rep, Rodney is wonderful. He knows me and my friend by name and remembers us each time we come in. He always asks how we're doing and we always have friendly chats. He's basically bent over backwards to help us out. I get oil changes at the Steven's Creek for $15...partly because I provide my own oil (Redline 5w-20 for those who are curious)...so far on my car I'm about to get my entire driver side door replaced due to little rip in the leather (under warranty ) and they are also going to replace my steering wheel (under warranty also) due to a slight blemish that looks like a fingernail scrape. My friend with a TL has had his leather on his seats replaced on the driver and passenger side, an annoying rattle solved due to side kit not bolted down entirely, 30k service for $300 or so. Rodney has always called us to update us as far as what's going on with our cars and everything...trully wonderful Acura service.