Generalization: IS300 owners are un-educated pricks!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2001 | 05:43 PM
Banned

Generalization: IS300 owners are un-educated pricks!

Thats my opinion after the 'warm' welcome they gave me on their board. I said that I beat a IS300 and I guess it was too much for them to handle and guess I was getting too close to their ego bubble and they were afraid it was going to 'pop'.

Man, fuck that website! I'm pissed!

------------------
'98 Dakar Yellow ///M3
Surprise @ Forums atwww.BMWExperience.com
0-60 5.53 sec G-Tech
Picture here
Old 06-08-2001 | 05:48 PM
Banned

I think it's only natural for people to get pissed about that. In a way, though, you were rubbing it in their faces. Think about it...our CLs have a REALLY tough time trying to catch you suckers in your Ms..but at least we have a chance..
Think of how the IS guys feel with no chance in hell, even with a misshift!!

------------------
2001 Cl-S Black on Black with Navigation
Black Tint all around (15%~45%)
Weapon-R Dragon Filter
Weapon-R Coil-Overs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Comptech Sway Bars
Comptech Headers (hehehe...I got something for you drchang!!)
14.698 @95.977mph....Sears Point Raceway.I think I need a Level 10 Torque Converter!!
Yes, I know I'm going to hell for wasting gas on Civics....
My Peoples
Old 06-08-2001 | 05:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

Just a forewarning.... can we please keep this thread civil.... it's not exactly starting off on the right foot....

My .02:

1) I've noticed the IS300 board has quite a few members who seem a little touchy.
2) But considering the trouble they've had with trolls... that's no surprise.
3) Generalizations are generally a bad idea
Old 06-08-2001 | 05:50 PM
Firestarter

How does one get into their forum? I was trying to get on there and see if i could fuck with them a little but they have no forums like A-CL.com

------------------
Silver CL-S
Old 06-08-2001 | 06:04 PM
Banned

Hell, even I have people on my board who say that they beat M3s. If the facts are there, then we give them credit. These guys have no facts, no reasons, just uneducated people looking for fights.

GoldTypeS:

Sorry, I don't mean to make your job harder than it already is, just venting (trying to keep it in a civil manner).

------------------
'98 Dakar Yellow ///M3
0-60 5.53 sec G-Tech
Picture here
Old 06-08-2001 | 06:05 PM
Burning Brakes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by shockboltthrower:
How does one get into their forum? I was trying to get on there and see if i could fuck with them a little but they have no forums like A-CL.com

</font>
It was priceless (to some) when Stoned was starting shit there, but if you visit and toss bottles, guess who will come here and do same. Although that crap never bothered me.

------------------
"01" CL Type-S
White\Black
Comptech Springs
Comptech Sways
17x7.5 BBS RX Rims
K&N Dropin AF
Navigation System
Burlwood Shifter
Guards+Fenderwell Trim
PIAA16969
Smokers Package
My Car
Old 06-08-2001 | 06:16 PM
Firestarter

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GoldTypeS:
Just a forewarning.... can we please keep this thread civil.... it's not exactly starting off on the right foot....

My .02:

1) I've noticed the IS300 board has quite a few members who seem a little touchy.
2) But considering the trouble they've had with trolls... that's no surprise.
3) Generalizations are generally a bad idea
</font>

So is guess asking them (IS300.net) where I can purchase a $31,000 Corolla would be a bad idea, huh?

------------------
Silver CL-S
Old 06-08-2001 | 06:24 PM
Banned

ouch! man thats funny!
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by shockboltthrower:

So is guess asking them (IS300.net) where I can purchase a $31,000 Corolla would be a bad idea, huh?

</font>

------------------
'98 Dakar Yellow ///M3
0-60 5.53 sec G-Tech
Picture here
Old 06-08-2001 | 06:28 PM
Banned

M3... stop acting like a jerk.... Go to Stangnet.

www.stangnet.com Go see what they do.

------------------
Red 3.2 CL-S.
"Life is too short not to be Italian." -Paul Sorvino
"How do you expect your date to turn over if your engine doesn't?" -Original
Proud member of "I didn't hit the curb like a dope and scratch my rims" club.
Old 06-08-2001 | 06:32 PM
Banned

Go see what they do? What do they do?
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Scorpius:
M3... stop acting like a jerk.... Go to Stangnet.

www.stangnet.com Go see what they do.

</font>

------------------
'98 Dakar Yellow ///M3
0-60 5.53 sec G-Tech
Picture here
Old 06-08-2001 | 06:51 PM
Banned

A little quote by one of the members from the IS300 board (I don't want to say anything )

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">What the hell is happening here, it seems once a week someone is getting their is300 messed with..... this is not a KIA folks!!! TIME FOR SOME WHOOOOOOPASS!</font>
------------------
'98 Dakar Yellow ///M3
0-60 5.53 sec G-Tech
Picture here
Old 06-08-2001 | 06:56 PM
w.t.f., mate?

We do the same thing M3Sins...when someone comes in here and says they beat us not many of the members here take too warmly to him.

Those guys are pretty cool there...I don't think your generatlization works well. Sorry.

------------------
_-Phil-_! (a.k.a. 'Green Box')
2K1 #10,029 Satin Silver CL-S since 6/13/00 named Laetitia with Navi! Mods : XEPHYR PERFORMANCE CAI~3M Reflective Tint(37%) tint~Hiper Hibrid Plasma "Xenon" road lamps & high-beams~Uniden LRD 6599SWS Radar Detector~Shine by Meguiar's Gold Wax~Member of the Scratched Rims Club~Upgraded cupholder ~

Green Box -4- Mod!!
Old 06-08-2001 | 09:57 PM
Banned

I lowlife in a BMW is still a lowlife.
Go to Stangnet and say the same things there. See how they react. They tend to be more crude and obnoxious.
www.stangnet.com

I'm srue they will love you there.

------------------
Red 3.2 CL-S.
"Life is too short not to be Italian." -Paul Sorvino
"How do you expect your date to turn over if your engine doesn't?" -Original
Proud member of "I didn't hit the curb like a dope and scratch my rims" club.
Old 06-08-2001 | 11:22 PM
JZ
Three Wheelin'

I have to agree M3. I've been going over there every once and awhile for over a year and that place is a joke. Completely immature and it's all talk over there--rarely does anyone back anything up with a dyno etc. Typically just a bunch of people trying to justify why their 30K+ car has bent wheels, bubbled tires, falling off undercarriages, slipping transmissions, sticking accelerators, stinky catylitic converters, slow as an accord, no armrest, partial leather etc but is STILL WELL WORTH THE MONEY and better and faster than the BMW!!

------------------
Black/black CLS
Comptech headers, springs, swaybars
Koni yellows
Polarg M6 road lamps
Solaris Hi beams
Potenza RE730 225/45/17
Red AEM CAI
Denso Iridium plugs
35% metallic tint
Old 06-08-2001 | 11:38 PM
Old timer

LOL JZ!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">So is guess asking them (IS300.net) where I can purchase a $31,000 Corolla would be a bad idea, huh? </font>
LOL that's so my impression of that car too!

-J

------------------
2001 CL-S Aegean Blue/black interior spoiler, wheel locks, no-navi
Stock for now.
50% tint sides, 35% back.
Old 06-08-2001 | 11:52 PM
Banned

www.is300.net

but where is their FORUM ? I don't see where you post like you do with ours

??

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by M3Sins:
Thats my opinion after the 'warm' welcome they gave me on their board. I said that I beat a IS300 and I guess it was too much for them to handle and guess I was getting too close to their ego bubble and they were afraid it was going to 'pop'.

</font>

------------------
2001 CL-S Silver
Comptech Headers
Comptech Sways
14 % Tint
Viper 550 Alarm
Old 06-09-2001 | 12:57 AM
Three Wheelin'

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by caddy:
www.is300.net

but where is their FORUM ? I don't see where you post like you do with ours

??

</font>

It's on the little guage cluster at the top of the screen. Click on the word "Forums"
Old 06-09-2001 | 02:27 AM
Burning Brakes

</font>
Agreed. For the most part, IS300 owners want to be able to drag but instead bought a car that handles. They should have gotten a Type S and are now bitter that we paid less for our cars and cream them in a straight line.

As far as beating an M3, no fucking way. I can't beat a stick M3 in my Type-S and I get sub 6-second 0-60s. And yes, I raced against a 99 yellow manual trans M3 in a straight line quarter mile run about 4 times and lost by about 1.5-2 car lengths each time.

------------------
Silver CL-S w/ Navi, Spoiler, Wheel Locks, Trunk Tray, 19169, 9005
Toyo 235/45ZR17-97W* T1-S Proxes on 17X8 SSR Competition Wheels (47.2 lbs lighter than stock wheel+tire setup)
Comptech Sways
G-Tech (Full tank of gas, 60F, VSA off, SS) - 5.94 seconds
V-1 Hardwired
Old 06-09-2001 | 02:36 AM
My other car is a 350Z

Be careful...a sub 6-second G-Tech 0-60 does not equate to as a sub 6-second 0-60 at the track.

------------------
Mike
2001 Satin Silver CL-S
Comptech headers, sways, axle-back exhaust; AEM CAI; PIAA road lamps & high beams.

"Never underestimate the power of a dark CLown!" - Darph Bobo
Old 06-09-2001 | 02:48 AM
Moderator Alumnus

My friends sister just traded a 99 Vette coupe for an IS300 (dark gray, spoiler, polished wheels)- its neat looking......I think it would get alot more respect if it had like 270hp or so, the manual is a good start though.

My Acura dealer happened to have taken in an IS300 (yellow) in for a CL-S a few months ago.

Old 06-09-2001 | 02:49 AM
- daemonichris -

haha yah... fuck those guys!

------------------
Acura 3.2CL Type-S w/ Navigation
Black/Ebony

H&R Sport Springs | Pirelli P7000 Supersport 235/40ZR17 on stock rims | Neuspeed Tower Strut Bar | Custom CAI | Cleared Headlights, PIAA 19169 | Tint all around | Mesh Grill | Dual 12'' Alpine Type-S Subs | Kenwood KAC-728S Amp
Old 06-09-2001 | 04:45 AM
Intermediate

Dude M3.... your a jerk, acting all bad and stuff remember somebody always will have a faster car always oh yeah speaking of faster im one of those people that are faster than some junk BMW. And guys you have the right to your opinion, but a $31,000 Corolla? I think thats a little extreme. Alot of IS owners think the CL/Cl-S is a riced up Accord. Just my opinion.

------------------
1.2001 GS430 HKS exhaust, TRD headers, 19in Konings, H&R springs.
2.2001 Corvette Z06 Doug Thorley headers, Borla cat back exhaust, 18in Team Loco's, Eibach Springs, Koni adj. shocks.
3.1998 328i (for now), 18in. Fittipaldi's.
4.soon maybe a TL-S
Old 06-09-2001 | 08:12 PM
Safety Car

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM:
Dude M3.... your a jerk, acting all bad and stuff remember somebody always will have a faster car always oh yeah speaking of faster im one of those people that are faster than some junk BMW. And guys you have the right to your opinion, but a $31,000 Corolla? I think thats a little extreme. Alot of IS owners think the CL/Cl-S is a riced up Accord. Just my opinion.

</font>
Again, we had this discussion. I'll take an accord over corolla any day. Next. You were trolling here too, so you are not any better and I dont remember any pics posted of your rides. Now I dont know what M3Sins said there, but an M3 beating an IS300 should not be big news that gets everyone rouded up. Remember, he also paid about 10k more so you should expect that from an M3. You should also admit the faults of your IS300 like terrible manumatic, underpowered, and missing armrest among other things. Owners on this site will be the first to tell you the down and up sides to the CL, but IS300 owners for some reason believe their car is perfect. Ok but I do agree with you, someONE will always have a faster car and talking too much wont get you much.

------------------
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...513&a=12224080
The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.
Old 06-09-2001 | 10:23 PM
Drifting

If you really owned a BMW..I dont think you would call them junk like you did.
Just my opinion

</font>

------------------
Black/Black 2001 CL-S
Random Technology Cat
RED AEM CAI
APEXi V-AFC
Polarg M6 Roadlamps
Old 06-10-2001 | 04:13 AM
Burning Brakes

A little rivalry is always fun ...it is human nature. When it comes to all of the mentioned vehicles...they are all really powerful and handle so far beyond the norm....We should all rejoice that these beautiful pieces of machinery are at our 'disposal'. I have been beaten by an M3, I have beaten an M3. The same goes for a mustang and a blah blah blah....Any Toyota is a great vehicle. Why so much animosity????We are all auto enthusiasts...or we wouldn't be reading this right now. RIGHT??? I could philosophize for hours....
Old 06-10-2001 | 05:19 AM
Burning Brakes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BBsAcuraRacing:
A little rivalry is always fun ...it is human nature. When it comes to all of the mentioned vehicles...they are all really powerful and handle so far beyond the norm....We should all rejoice that these beautiful pieces of machinery are at our 'disposal'. I have been beaten by an M3, I have beaten an M3. The same goes for a mustang and a blah blah blah....Any Toyota is a great vehicle. Why so much animosity????We are all auto enthusiasts...or we wouldn't be reading this right now. RIGHT??? I could philosophize for hours....</font>
Cuz some people would rather bitch about how much better their car is than someone else's rather than takin' a shot of their 9" and posting it online. Just a thought.

------------------
2002 Acura TL-S
1999 MB E320 4-matic
M3_Killer .. in the snow
1998 Isuzu Rodeo
M3_Killer ... off-road
<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1629963&a=12459969&f=0
" TARGET=_blank>Click Here for Pics!
</A>
Old 06-11-2001 | 01:20 AM
Intermediate

i apoligize bimmer owners. but some foo here said that BMW's are reliable. **** no! The BMW's will probably always have a terrible rep in reliability. Look my f-ing A/C broke in 1 year how sad is that (just as an example of many things that have broke).

------------------
1.2001 GS430 HKS exhaust, TRD headers, 19in Konings, H&R springs.
2.2001 Corvette Z06 Doug Thorley headers, Borla cat back exhaust, 18in Team Loco's, Eibach Springs, Koni adj. shocks.
3.1998 328i (for now), 18in. Fittipaldi's.
4.soon maybe a TL-S
Old 06-11-2001 | 01:48 AM
Banned

i apoligize bimmer owners. but some foo here said that BMW's are reliable. **** no! The BMW's will probably always have a terrible rep in reliability. Look my f-ing A/C broke in 1 year how sad is that (just as an example of many things that have broke).

</font>
Having ONE (1) BMW gives you the right to say BMWs are unreliable? I have friends who have over 200,000 miles on their engines and they are still running strong (one is actually putting a turbo on his). If I have one Acura and it was out of Ohio and was made at 4pm on a Friday and had trouble, would I be here saying "Acuras are unreliable cars!!"??

No, I wouldn't. I've have owned other BMWs before. Compared to Acura, yes, they are unreliable (of course can't say much about the build quality of the new Acuras in Ohio). Damn american workers fuck up every car they get their hands on! I won't leave myself open to the counter discussion so I will admit that the BMW Z3, X5, M Coupe, M Roadster are a piece of shit! in reliablity and build quality (built in good ol' US of A).

If BMW keeps bringing cars over to build them here to save money, then **ck BMW, I will never buy one again!

------------------
'98 Dakar Yellow ///M3
0-60 5.53 sec G-Tech
Picture here
Old 06-11-2001 | 02:22 AM
Moderator Alumnus

My 00 Mcoupe was far from a POS, actually it was very nicely built...paint was nice too.

It wasn't perfect, but no car is.

The Dinan mods attributed to most of my stay in the service department.

Beltfed
01 CL-S
00 Viper GTS

[This message has been edited by Beltfed (edited 06-11-2001).]
Old 06-11-2001 | 02:23 AM
Drifting

Next car is going to be a Porsche. I'm sure those will always be built in Germany. The most reliable sports you know. Only if I had 100 g's =)

Spiro

Having ONE (1) BMW gives you the right to say BMWs are unreliable? I have friends who have over 200,000 miles on their engines and they are still running strong (one is actually putting a turbo on his). If I have one Acura and it was out of Ohio and was made at 4pm on a Friday and had trouble, would I be here saying "Acuras are unreliable cars!!"??

No, I wouldn't. I've have owned other BMWs before. Compared to Acura, yes, they are unreliable (of course can't say much about the build quality of the new Acuras in Ohio). Damn american workers fuck up every car they get their hands on! I won't leave myself open to the counter discussion so I will admit that the BMW Z3, X5, M Coupe, M Roadster are a piece of shit! in reliablity and build quality (built in good ol' US of A).

If BMW keeps bringing cars over to build them here to save money, then **ck BMW, I will never buy one again!

</font>

------------------
Black/Black 2001 CL-S
Random Technology Cat
RED AEM CAI
APEXi V-AFC
Polarg M6 Roadlamps