g/f narrowing down the cars she likes

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2002, 08:25 PM
go like hell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
g/f narrowing down the cars she likes

I talked with her today about her "future ride" and I'm trying to get her to at least go Honda cause they are GREAT CARS(she doesn't have enough money for a CL or TL(sorry guys) but she said she's got it narrowed down between a :
VW jetta(hopefully a VR6)
Pontiac Vibe(which i think ugly but if she likes it okay)(plus it's american )(it's almost a mini-me Aztec)
Pontiac Grand Am(it's a okay car but again it's american )(but if she gets this hopefully the GT package)(even the GT only cranking 175 hp out of the factory)
Toyota Matrix(this is my 2nd favorite one of the group) (hopefully the XRS package they get 180 HP out of a 1.8 Liter 4 popper:P )
Honda Accord(which is what I hope she gets)(now i've heard Honda gonna have 3 motors(for 2003)regular 4-cylinder,the like hot rod 4-cylinder and the V-6) I bet she'd either get the regular 4-cylinder or hot rod 4-cylinder(cause she's on a budget)
I got her agree to wait on the 2003 Accords come out to test drive one.(cause the 2002s are alright but I want her to test drive Honda's best newest Accord )

Now If Honda puts that "hot rod" 4-cylinder motor in the Accord that's gonna for sure gonna be my next ride. cause you ever think that thing will be pushing 200 HP( i figure at least 180 HP) and the weight to power ratio for a family car will be up there with the Maxima. plus no offence to the Honda V-6's it's tougher to get aftermarket parts for them. for example the headers right now(I know there's other companies working on making them) but there's only Comptech and you might as well plunk down about 1200 bucks that. I know it's more steel and more bending and more work but for a 4 cylinder accord headers(I know of 4-5 companies that makes headers right off the top of my head) (GReddy,Neuspeed,DC sports,Comptech) but you can get a good set of headers for 400-500 bucks.It's the same with the CAI. I know it takes more air to get more power for a V-6 so it's more money. but i think the new Accord type S or Accord Si or whatever they call it, is going to be the next "ricer boy" project cars.(almost as big as the Integras were)
Old 07-11-2002, 09:11 PM
__

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DO NOT LET HER GET A GRAND AM!!!!!!!!! The sport package is sooo overdone and very tacky. Go for the accord, jetta, or matrix.
Old 07-11-2002, 09:18 PM
Dromaeosaurs/Velociraptor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my g/f is looking at a MDX...of course she already thinks my car is hers.. pleeeeeeeeeeease...haha
Little does she know, thats my misstress
HAHA...

Anyways..good luck man...The matrix would be kewl....black...I saw one that was black and had the word matrix airbrushed into the sides...but the job was so nicely done that its hard to see it...so its not MATRIX bolded and stuff....the the side outlines of the word ....very kewl...and of course the thing sounded like it had something powerful under the hood....who knows...I was admiring the airbrush work to bother with that......