Funniest racing story... :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 07:56 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Funniest racing story... :)

Got Waxed By a Toyota Echo ! (Post #1 of 3)

This is terrible. I had just gotten the JWT ECU upgrade and MEVI installed in my Maxima and I was just laying low. I was so happy and just figured I would pimp out a while. I drove around, and tested the car. I basically just listened to the engine, watched the rpms, and was just getting a feel for the car with the new mods.

Honestly, I was feeling pretty cool !

I was messing with my radio and almost blew through a redlight. I went into some wild panic and nailed the breaks...I screached the tires for what seemed to be 60 seconds. Anyways, I looked like a total fool and to make matters worst some punks in a light blue 2003 Toyota Echo were already at the light. The driver saw what had happened and kinda flicked his hand at me. I thought what a jerk and then he smirked a bit and started back doing somekind of dance to whatever rap song he was playing. The bass was shaking my whole car and even rattling my tag.

Still nerve wrecked from an close accident, I couldnt help but notice the guys attitude in the 03 Echo, he was hanging out of his car at this point, doing some kind of hand signals, and challenging me to a run. And during all this we was busy lighting a cigarette that was almost equal in size to him. What a little turd I thought!

I felt like yelling out.. "BETTER TAKE MOMMIES LITTLE CAR HOME ,SISSY BOY AND GET STARTED ON YOUR HOMEWORK!" I did'nt though. I felt confident enough about my recent mods and my awesome VQ. This was the chance I was waiting for... A chance to redeem myself from my total idiot move I did a bit earlier. It was not against the Echo, I knew I would wax that little thing, but it was getting back at those rotten teens in the car next to me. With their pop star attitudes!

Anyways, moving along. The guy had put some money into the car or either his mom did. It had a hood scoop, some fat tires with those new rims that spin with the wind. Somekind of new thing going on with rims that move with the wind, even when the car is sitting still they are spinning ! The guy had a large fartcan muffler on the car and light blue see through tent to match the car.

Well finally the light turned green...and I pressed the pedal a bit. I wanted to let sissy boy launch out before I blitzed by him and sacked his pride.

He takes off... it appeared to be an incredible launch. It was that or either those rims played somekind of trick on me. All I heard was some loud whinning noise from his exhaust as he zoomed out ahead. I immediatly punched the MAX, and almost forgot, His muffler was one of those kind that had the flashing lights wrapped around the end of the tail pipe. Total suck !

Anyways I peeled out in first and slammed it in second. The guy has about a car length on me. And while time was freaking & flashing by, I just knew I would catch this little punk. As I felt the power of second gear, the Echo was still a car length ahead. I had not made any ground and their was plenty of road ahead.
As I shifted into third, some kind of screen came on that scrolled across his back window. It said," EXPERIENCE ECHO !" I thought what a loser !

For the life of me, I cannot figure out how this guy is still ahead of me. Suddenly, it hits me like a ton of bricks, while the Echo seems to be inching away, I find myself in freaking 5th gear !! I had missed third and with all the excitement had not even noticed. And not helping my situation any, I do notice the little punk has a friend holding out a freaking camcorder...!!

I switch shifts and hit 3rd and start feeling the VQ pull. Seems my 4th Gen has some power afterall. But im almost thinking its too late. The Echo has pulled away inch after inch and appears to be a full 4 car lengths ahead, or was it 8 ? The Echo is a much smaller car!

Now I have had enough of this ! No more Mr. Nice Guy ! Going through 3rd im quickly making up the 4 car (8 Echo Car) distance. There is still a mile or so of open road ahead, and these little sissy boys won't be showing many people this tape after I smoke their tails...! The Echo had got to be running out of breath. Whats its top speed I was thinking..surely its not triple digits ..?

I finally catch up and we are side by side. I shift into 4th and im around 90 to 95 miles an hour and im thinking ha ha !! Whos going to get owned now ! Looking over at the dudes I give them one of those, YOUR FINISHED kinda looks ! Looking right into the camera as I begin to nose by them.

These guys are all but finished and then something unbelievable happened. The Echo catches up the ground it lost. The driver is screaming and yelling and trashing around, and the passenger dude is holding up a handwritten sign that says, "GOT NOS ?"

They inched and inched and inched away, and all the time that freaking camcorder had me on tape. I was so furious, and getting owned by a couple of smart a$$ punks with NOS in an Echo.

I did'nt like to admit it but I laid off the gas. I was not going to catch them. And I had my tail handed to me by these two jerk teens. It was'nt much longer we had came up to the next light before the road went on out in the country.

I had to sit at the light with these two bums smiling. And if that was not enough. They had hydraulics too. They were smirking and laughing in this retarded Echo, listening to some loud rap music and one side of the car would pump up and the opposite side would crash down, and back and forth this went on. The dude was blowing the horn and laughing. The car then started jacking up in the front while the rear end was scraping the paved road. And the dude was hanging out of the car again. Trying to get us lined up for another race.

I ignored the dude and turned off ..and that stinking Toyota Echo with the chromed out rims that blow in the wind ..took off bumping down the road. It left the light pumped up in the front and the rear of the car and tail pipe were making sparks and grinding down the road.

This was by far the most embarrassing thrashing I have took. I just was'nt prepared. Who would have been, it was an Echo !

* found somwhere on internet, a maxima after all *
Old 07-29-2003, 08:11 AM
'Cooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OWN3D but not really...at least that's how it looked to me...IMO, he got owned more by his own gearbox than the Echo LOL

maybe he woulda won had he not misshifted
Old 07-29-2003, 08:18 AM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

puahaha... good story...
Old 07-29-2003, 08:19 AM
It's not over yet

owned. Don't worry it's happened to most of us at one time or another
Old 07-29-2003, 08:29 AM
'Cooter

Originally posted by agui
owned. Don't worry it's happened to most of us at one time or another
misshifting doesn't happen to us slushbox owners
Old 07-29-2003, 08:33 AM
Suzuka Master

Well atleast you were driving the Maxima and not your CL...

Doesn't this belong in the Racing Section?
Old 07-29-2003, 08:41 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

I do not have a maxima.. I just copy and paste a story found on another board.
Old 07-29-2003, 09:00 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I lost to an old SHO when I first got my 6speed. I didn't want to beat on it too much so I shifted into higher gears. (5th or 6th) Guy ate my lunch. Oh well.
Old 07-29-2003, 11:24 AM
yeah,yeah,uh,huh,wh,what

I'm sitting here (at work) almost laughing to tears. My co-workers in the other cubes think I'm a nut case.
Old 07-29-2003, 11:29 AM
Drifting

haha dude deserved to lose for hitting 5th instead of 3rd. how could you miss? it's a damn long shift from 2nd to 5th. but in the end, it's still an echo with 16" spinners. LOL
Old 07-29-2003, 01:53 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice read. Getting killed or not just seeing an Echo with hydros would have been worth the price of admission.
Old 07-29-2003, 03:28 PM
Banned

who woulda thought
Old 07-29-2003, 03:51 PM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
is there an echo board we can try and find that video?
Old 07-29-2003, 04:20 PM
Pro

sounds like asian foos in that echo..a lot of my friends are like that haha..damn punks
Old 07-29-2003, 04:30 PM
A-CL Senior Member

I losted to a sentra once. But I had like 400 pounds of stuff in my trunk. Only losted by 1/2 a car from 0-80.
Old 07-29-2003, 04:30 PM
A-CL Senior Member

And the sentra did not have an sr20 in it.
Old 07-29-2003, 04:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Not launching hard and missing a shift really killed him. I wonder what year Maxima it was... I'm guessing the 3.0L Maxima since he's talking about an ECU.

I actually had a similar story a few weeks ago. A guy in an older Saturn almost beat me in my Z when I hit the gear into neutral by accident when he was trying to cut me off. Guy must now think his Saturn is faster than a Z
Old 07-29-2003, 08:29 PM
Drifting

there's at least one turbo kit for the echo available. i saw a black turboed echo at the movies, and believe it or not, it was very clean and looked good...(for an echo). not sure how quick they are though... still an echo...
Old 07-29-2003, 10:14 PM
13.2 @ 104.76mph

that is the funniest thing i have ever heard. i can't stop laughing!