Full nose bra is needed for the snowing area

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2001, 03:02 PM
Powered By HONDA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Full nose bra is needed for the snowing area

i just ordered a full nose bra from ahmotor.com and they do have a very good price than any dealership..and they are geniune acura honda parts..i pay 130 for that..which include ups shipping and handling...can not live without bra in the snowing day or driving on the high way...too many rocks...how much do u buy ?everyone?

------------------
Red CL Type S.
Powered by HONDA
Powered by MUGEN
Old 01-05-2001, 03:14 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Beware ! The hood part scratched the hell out of my hood, when I first bought the car. My dealership had to repaint the hood ! Ask me what I did with the full mask ?????

------------------
2001 CL Type S Black/Ebony w/NAVI
1998 Accord Coupe EX-V6
Black Currant Pearl
Old 01-05-2001, 03:14 PM
Racer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Type S:
i just ordered a full nose bra from ahmotor.com and they do have a very good price than any dealership..and they are geniune acura honda parts..i pay 130 for that..which include ups shipping and handling...can not live without bra in the snowing day or driving on the high way...too many rocks...how much do u buy ?everyone?

</font>
I just want to let you know that you have to be careful with a full bra, because I used to have one on my 95 maxima, and the paint on my hood looked a little faded after I took the bra off. You have to make sure to clean underneath the bra as often as possible, because you don't want too much moisture to build-up under the bra, because eventually it might cause "mildew" on your paint.
It is a little time consuming to keep taking the bra off to clean that area, but it's something you should really do.

Old 01-05-2001, 03:21 PM
Team Owner

I would have to agree with the negative comments above.

Right now my car is covered with road salt and this new liquid stuff they call “brine” which is applied on the roads BEFORE the snow starts falling.
All of these materials are HIGHLY abrasive!!!

I would not want to think of the damage that would be caused if all that gunk and a stray stone or two got under a front bra.
I would advise against getting one for winter use.

Shawn S

------------------
&gt;&gt;&gt; 400+ posts on h/a.net &lt;&lt;&lt; &gt;&gt;&gt; 550+ posts “freak” on the “old” acura-cl.com &lt;&lt;&lt;

2001 CL Type S - NAV - San Marino RED / Parchment - Spoiler - 35% Tint - Roof Visor - PIAA Lamps
GOLD Emblems & Grill - V1 w/remote - KICKER ZR-360 w/(2) 10" Alumapro Subs - Shine by ZAINO
For Pictures see: PAGE 1 PAGE 2 PAGE 3 PAGE 4 V1 & SUBS
Old 01-05-2001, 04:17 PM
Powered By HONDA

actually the full bra are 2 pieces..and i would think just put the one who can cover the hood..but not the front bomber..so would that be ok??if i do not use bra..my hood will be a thounands of tiny hole..so is bra good or no good?

------------------
Red CL Type S.
Powered by HONDA
Powered by MUGEN
Old 01-05-2001, 04:50 PM
Adult Supervision

I agree with the intent. I also agree with the lack of a good solution. I try to drive in reverse during snow storms...I like RWD cars anyways...sorry, having a bad day.

For me a clear bra is the best answer and I want to find a place to do the front end before too long.

------------------
MikeS 18
'01 CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment with Nav, Spoiler, door guards, wood trim kit, fender guards, PIAA 19169 & Platinum 9005, V1, trunk tray, winter mats, Salt Coat Finish by Mass DOT
Old 01-05-2001, 04:59 PM
Racer

I would go with the clear bra, which 3M produces, and you can also get this installed on many different parts of your car as well. As for the full bra, I think if you keep the paint clean underneath the bra as often as possible, then you should be ok.
Old 01-05-2001, 05:00 PM
Advanced

i got a clear 3m bra put on yesterday. and it look really nice..bearly noticeable..i think its a good investment especially driving here in the winter..
Old 01-05-2001, 05:46 PM
Banned

I have the full nose bra, but I only use it when I go on trips out of the Dallas area. Such as when I went home for xmas. I keep it on while I am there (for the drive home), and then take it off when I get back and clean the bra and clean the car.

Has worked perfectly

------------------
avengerjr
2001 CL-S Satin Silver
- spoiler
- wheel locks
- mud guards
- fenderwell trim
- 35% tint
- winter floor mats
- full nose mask

"hockey + music + cars = life"
Old 01-05-2001, 06:00 PM
Racer

Hey, have you ever thought about a hood deflector? They look nice on some cars.
Old 01-05-2001, 07:03 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Listen.....The DESIGN of the BRA, that includes both pieces, S U C K ! Get it ? Whether it is snowing, raining, volcano erupting, tidal Wave coming, THE DESIGN SUCKS AND WILL F*&k UP YOUR HOOD !

NUFF SAID............

------------------
2001 CL Type S Black/Ebony w/NAVI
1998 Accord Coupe EX-V6
Black Currant Pearl
Old 01-05-2001, 07:21 PM
Race Director

Should always check this newsgroups before you go off and spend your money.

Anyway, I would have sold you my slightly used, original nose bra for probably half the price of the new. It never scratched my hood in the few months that I did use it.

And my price is no tax and includes UPS, handling, and all those other fees ??? too. $50US

P.S. Don't remember what I asked for it several months ago, I didn't bother to go back and search for my old post. Whatever it was then, it's $50US today.

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *

* 500 posts on h/a.net *** 400 posts "insane poster" on the "old" acura-cl.com *
Old 01-06-2001, 04:05 AM
Three Wheelin'

the bra is intended for summer hi-way use to prevent stone chips. i had a job that required me to commute 15kms on the hi-way, and thats the only reason why i got it

dont mean to sound rude, but only a complete idiot would but it on during winter

ive used it properly and havnt had a single problem

------------------
99 TL
Old 01-06-2001, 05:07 AM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by avengerjr:
I have the full nose bra, but I only use it when I go on trips out of the Dallas area. Such as when I went home for xmas. I keep it on while I am there (for the drive home), and then take it off when I get back and clean the bra and clean the car.

Has worked perfectly

</font>
I have to agree w/ avenger,
I only use the bra when Im traveling long distance 1hr+. sometimes when itz nice out side I leave only the hood piece on and alot of people said it looked okay w/ my white car.
The reason Why i Wouldn't use it in the winter is onetime when i was driving longdistance it started raining when i almost got home. and when I took off da bra it was all wet cuz its cloth inside, and it was a bitch to dry dat shit (2 dayz hang dried in my room)and once it got wet all this dirt and shit started getting on the cloth. If I had just put the bra back on as is, it would of left hell of a lot of scrathes. this is the only reason why I wouldn't use it in the snow or rain.
Like some one said itz just for the summer and long distance driving.
IMO

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Cargo Net/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Swayz next... Finally Polarg m-6.