Fuel Injector Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 09:46 AM
Lives in Boost

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Fuel Injector Replacement

How hard is it to replace fuel injectors? I looked in the Acura service manual quickly but could only find stuff about the fuel pump and lines. Is it pretty straightforward? I've taken the intake manifold and throttle body off before to do spacers.

Also, how does one take advantage of using bigger injectors? Do they somehow have to connect to the piggy back system (emanage blue most likely), or is it controlled by changing settings in the emanage system through the factory ecu?
Old 07-09-2009, 09:51 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 244 Likes on 137 Posts
pretty eash to put in if you're comfortable taking the intake mani off. unplug the leads, loosen up the rail and they snap right in. Good seals are crucial, and take care not to drop anything down into the head. They've got little slip in filters that break loose easily - so be careful.

No advantage to larger injectors unless you've got something that calls for them.

Fuel - Air - Fire. It's an equation. You get something like a supercharger or turbo that creates more air, you need more fuel and fire to compensate. Running N/A - it's rare you'll exceed the ability of the stock injectors.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Lives in Boost

Originally Posted by Pseudomaniac
pretty eash to put in if you're comfortable taking the intake mani off. unplug the leads, loosen up the rail and they snap right in. Good seals are crucial, and take care not to drop anything down into the head. They've got little slip in filters that break loose easily - so be careful.

No advantage to larger injectors unless you've got something that calls for them.

Fuel - Air - Fire. It's an equation. You get something like a supercharger or turbo that creates more air, you need more fuel and fire to compensate. Running N/A - it's rare you'll exceed the ability of the stock injectors.
Thanks for the input. The blower is coming so that's the only reason I was considering larger injectors I'll have the hbp as well so I wanted to make sure they're plug and play and something the ecu/emanage will detect and not something that has to be calibrated or connected to separately. Sounds like it's something I should be able to swap out pretty easily.
Was looking at the RC 370's on ebay from an S2k but iirc folks here were using 360's? Anyone have a link or model number?
Old 07-09-2009, 10:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

High Boost Pulley will reak havoc on internals from I've seen. I'd Get some forged rods or pistons from the Oddy or MDX and go all out before you do that.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Lives in Boost

High Boost Pulley will reak havoc on internals from I've seen. I'd Get some forged rods or pistons from the Oddy or MDX and go all out before you do that.
I thought there have been plenty of folks running the hbp, even untuned, w/o any problems.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Three Wheelin'

I've not done it personally, but have boosted B motors and D motors. Stock Honda internals, even with a good tune, don't like more than 7lbs of boost or so to retain any longevity in my experience.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:34 AM
Lives in Boost

I've not done it personally, but have boosted B motors and D motors. Stock Honda internals, even with a good tune, don't like more than 7lbs of boost or so to retain any longevity in my experience.
I dont think you get more than 6 or 6.5lbs on the hbp. Beefing up the internals is always a good idea, but I think might be overkill for my plans, not to mention pricey
Old 07-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Three Wheelin'

I'm actually part hunting now to turn my old J32A2 into a larger displacement, sleeved motor with forged internals and an 8000rpm tolerant valvetrain. If it gets too expensive, I'm not wasting my time....but so far it's not looking terrible.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:08 PM
Lives in Boost

I've thought about doing that but the price to break down the block and get everything installed properly was too much. Trying to do that and a blower simultaneously would be very tough on the pockets lol. Let me know what you find though. I'm curious to know what some lower compression pistons would cost us.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Honda buddy says we just need to score an Ody or MDX based J35 for forged internals - and they're pretty cheap to come by....