FOUND A POLY-URET. KIT FOR THE 01-03 CL!!!!!! (pics inside!!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 07:49 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Versus,

This board has many great friendly members that are willing to purchase your kit that I'm sure they will enjoy.

Everyone here is smart, and enjoys a product that is quality, and is of a great value, and they all evidently make wise decisions.

This community welcomes and supports all companies that have:

-Good Quality
-Great Value
-Friendly, informative, and patient Customer Service

Keep that in mind. As long as these 3 aspects remain to be your 1st priority, you will have no problem selling any kits.

Old 05-12-2003, 08:18 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally posted by spdy0001
We might be a little more gratefull if you would make the full effort to sell this kit. If you really wanted to sell the kit you would have multiple pictures available not just two on a blue background. We are just supposed to hand you $500 on the fact that the kit is poly, I don't think so. You obviously have a large amount of interested people and all you would have to do for most of us is produce a few pics and the orders would start rolling in.

Wow, you are a prick. Who are you to let some guy know how to run his business? I bet things are just fine for them. They probally can't go get more pictures because they didn't OWN the CL they did the kit on and it's probally long gone. Just relax, as you've been reading you will get pictures from a member off this board soon enough.
Old 05-13-2003, 12:16 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by ghander
Wow, you are a prick. Who are you to let some guy know how to run his business? I bet things are just fine for them. They probally can't go get more pictures because they didn't OWN the CL they did the kit on and it's probally long gone. Just relax, as you've been reading you will get pictures from a member off this board soon enough.
Old 05-13-2003, 09:40 AM
Advanced

SHOW ME a real pic and I'm in. Money ready NOW!!!
Old 05-13-2003, 11:31 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
so how many people here are serious about getting this once we see some more pics and info from whoever goes and takes a look at it?
Old 05-13-2003, 11:48 AM
Cruisin'

SIDEMARKER: Why are you even asking if the kit would break when going over a speed bump if the car is slammed? #1 - You should always angle over a speed bump with a lowered vehicle. That is a commonly understood and well known fact that comes along with lowering any vehicle. #2 - The kit is unbreakable. The only thing our kit will not survive will be a fire since it will just melt under the high heat. #3 - Not all cars will be that low since many of the people interested in the kit will probably upgrade their wheel/tire eventually.
Old 05-13-2003, 12:13 PM
Cruisin'

AMIRSAFDARI - Yes, there are many great people here on this forum and there is no doubt that they are expecting only the best for their vehicle when it comes to upgrading its performance and asthetics. However, of the 3 points that you have made, it has seemed that you are somewhat over rating them. POINT 1 - Good Quality: Yes, we have a GREAT QUALITY product that we both GUARANTEE THE DURABILITY and FITMENT on it. What more do you need? But that does not seem to be enough. POINT 2 - GOOD PRICE: Our price is fair, and we have even gone as far as allowing a group buy for this kit to substantially lower the price and make it even more affordable for all of the people on this forum. Yet, only one member on this forum has even so much purchased the kit. And we are still waiting for those members who would like to come down and view the kit and take more pictures of it for the forum to see to do so. POINT 3 - Customer Service: Our sales staff has been more than willing to do what ever we can to help answer any and all questions that you have. We left the names of our sales staff, our company phone #, and our location. Yet, no one has come by to view the kit. We have had 2 calls to this point though. We have worked out the group buy deal, but yet, there are only like 5 people actually on list ready to purchase. What more can we do? We do not have the actual car in the picture no longer on our property. We had to return it to Acura of America. Our sales staff purposely joined this forum to end all rumors and make known any and all information about this kit to help in the best ways we can. Like it was stated before, we are not forcing you to purchase out kit. But it is up to one of them members of the forum to either come look at the kit in person or actually purchase the kit and give a better opinion on the kit. We have done what we can on our end, but it seems that our opinion and knowledge of the kit is being underestimated and somewhat skeptical still at this point.
Old 05-13-2003, 02:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
welcome to the internet
Old 05-13-2003, 04:28 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by VersusBodyKit
AMIRSAFDARI - Yes, there are many great people here on this forum and there is no doubt that they are expecting only the best for their vehicle when it comes to upgrading its performance and asthetics. However, of the 3 points that you have made, it has seemed that you are somewhat over rating them. POINT 1 - Good Quality: Yes, we have a GREAT QUALITY product that we both GUARANTEE THE DURABILITY and FITMENT on it. What more do you need? But that does not seem to be enough. POINT 2 - GOOD PRICE: Our price is fair, and we have even gone as far as allowing a group buy for this kit to substantially lower the price and make it even more affordable for all of the people on this forum. Yet, only one member on this forum has even so much purchased the kit. And we are still waiting for those members who would like to come down and view the kit and take more pictures of it for the forum to see to do so. POINT 3 - Customer Service: Our sales staff has been more than willing to do what ever we can to help answer any and all questions that you have. We left the names of our sales staff, our company phone #, and our location. Yet, no one has come by to view the kit. We have had 2 calls to this point though. We have worked out the group buy deal, but yet, there are only like 5 people actually on list ready to purchase. What more can we do? We do not have the actual car in the picture no longer on our property. We had to return it to Acura of America. Our sales staff purposely joined this forum to end all rumors and make known any and all information about this kit to help in the best ways we can. Like it was stated before, we are not forcing you to purchase out kit. But it is up to one of them members of the forum to either come look at the kit in person or actually purchase the kit and give a better opinion on the kit. We have done what we can on our end, but it seems that our opinion and knowledge of the kit is being underestimated and somewhat skeptical still at this point.
Versus, i was trying to tell you that you may have quality, and value....but in my opinion, i would be more patient and friendly with the good people on this forum.

Instead of questioning people, you could try repeating what you may have already said. Comments like "But that does not seem to be enough" and "what more can we do", is not the right way in my opinion to be going about answering questions.

Also making points to us like we are children in Grade 5, may not be the best way to answer questions. Just a thought, and I'm only saying this so you can be more succesful in selling this kit.

We have all purchased many products from variuos companies, we often see Reps from the companies post, though they dont usually use the tone you use, and there may be a reason for that.

just trying to help you out
Old 05-13-2003, 05:10 PM
Cruisin'

*FINAL POSTING* Here is my contact information for those of you who truly are interested in the kit. This forum is taking me away from my other, more important duties here at Versus Motorsport. My name is Garrett and my office phone number is (310) 885-5788 x100 or you can e-mail me at Garrett@VersusMotorsport.com. If you are from the lower 48 states of the U.S. you can gladly contact me for the kit. For those of you in Canada, depending on your province, you can either contact me for a local retailer or contact me directly. Thank you to this forum for your patience and time.
Old 05-13-2003, 07:46 PM
Only Broke CL member

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=4290161393
here it is boys real pictures you can thank me later
Old 05-13-2003, 08:02 PM
A-CL Senior Member

Wow...those pics really help. thanks man.
Old 05-13-2003, 08:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Wetb00...thanks for the pics...what did you think of this kit in person?? any feedback would be great for all off us.

And everyone else I just talked to Garrett at Versus and he is really willin to work w/us on this. But lets not ruin this and have some people on this board speak for the ones that are serious about this kit. Once again how many people here are SERIOUS about gettin in on the group buy???
Old 05-13-2003, 08:08 PM
Racer

There you guys go, pics. Now lets get the list rolling, start emailing or calling. I'm in.
Old 05-13-2003, 09:39 PM
Racer

front and back bumper?- does the bumper go from smooth to a bump ,a mm or 2 wher the body kit starts.

wouldnt a little moldin make it look smooth like a whole bumper
Old 05-13-2003, 10:01 PM
TYPE WHOA

Yea

How does the rear piece attach? It looks like it would be raised from the bumper.
Old 05-13-2003, 10:11 PM
2nd Gear

The kit is nice but would it be ok with a eibach prokit drop?
Old 05-13-2003, 10:16 PM
Advanced

ok..
looks good, so count me in on the group buy...

my only question is, does the back look right with the stock exhaust tips?.. the openning looks round on the kit... any pics of the kit on with the stock tips?..
thanks
Old 05-13-2003, 10:19 PM
?!?

hey barney, youre a dick, i still have a headache

i need to be good to go for tomorrow night!!!!!! u bastard
Old 05-13-2003, 10:22 PM
?!?

the rear piece fits over the bottom edge of the bumper and seems to look like an add on piece, just like the tl kit from acura

it does not blend smoothly with the bumper, nor does the front

they are meant to look like accents i think

how do i know? im the arms in the pics
Old 05-13-2003, 11:42 PM
Burning Brakes

how was the quality of the kit? and did it seem to line up to fit good?
Old 05-14-2003, 12:07 AM
?!?

it was really rubbery feeling, and since ive never seen a urethane kit not painted i guess thats how its supposed to be

it seemed to fit well, but seeing as we couldnt tape or anything, and they werent painted, who knows?

btw, the sideskirts do nothing for the car, they look almost stock
Old 05-14-2003, 12:21 AM
Cruisin'

put me in
Old 05-14-2003, 01:18 AM
Three Wheelin'

i dont understand it looks like they overlap the body, is that normal for a kit? could we trim it down so it just started at the end of our bumpers?
Old 05-14-2003, 02:02 AM
Suzuka Master

can anyone please paste the images directly here?
So that you can save us the fuss of registering @ imagestation?
thx.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, Versus Motorsport "checks out." I emailed the owner of 5 Axis Models, the company that designed the Element, the MDX and various SEMA kits (including the blue cl) for Honda, and he told me that he knows the owner of Versus, Donny, very well. So to corroborate any of the claims made earlier,
this is a product of their combined efforts recently:

That's it for today's lesson folks, see you next time, lol.
Old 05-14-2003, 06:54 AM
Homeless

I'm in

Originally posted by Ahmad310
Wetb00...thanks for the pics...what did you think of this kit in person?? any feedback would be great for all off us.

And everyone else I just talked to Garrett at Versus and he is really willin to work w/us on this. But lets not ruin this and have some people on this board speak for the ones that are serious about this kit. Once again how many people here are SERIOUS about gettin in on the group buy???
Count me in...Who else?
Old 05-14-2003, 09:48 AM
Racer

Old 05-14-2003, 10:01 AM
Revving at 9K...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This question is for the ones that saw the kit in person..

Would you buy it??

I don't really care for the sides because it seem to just wrap around the side of the car instead of giving the 'extra' body to make our cars appear more lower to the ground, and the rear lip's cut outs I'm not really feeling either, but I am interested in trying out that front lip. If installed right, I think we can make it look even better than the car they did for the ad.

So if I'm not buying the whole kit, you guys think I can get in on the GB?
Old 05-14-2003, 10:15 AM
CL retard

I want this kit. but still not sure. I want to wait and SEE IT ACTUALLY INSTALLED. I didn't like it at first, but like it the more i look at it. I am still worried about the fitment. My brother has a poly eurethane kit on his mustang gt, that is identical in material. It was really rubbery too. They screwed it on by the ends of the pieces under the wheel well and then used 3m tape along the inner parts. it just doesnt look good. He always had to bring it back and have it refitted, because the tape always comes loose and leaves gaps that look bad. you can see the tape from the outside. He has to keep bringing it back to get new tape put on. Im worried this will be the same hassle. Im just not ready to jump in right now after all the bad installs ive seen lately. I also think the back would look alot better with a black mesh grill covering those holes. The sides seem to be stock height, and seem to stick alot and not blend in smoothly, especially compared to the SEMA kit IMO.
Old 05-14-2003, 11:04 AM
The CL Crazy

Count me in for the Kit. We should make a sticky for how many people want the kit, dont and are intrested.

So it is $495 plus $50 to ship right? just one question how does the back fit ? Seems like it will fit inside the old back bumber instead of a add on almost like a glove.
Old 05-14-2003, 12:51 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
that kit looks really good! awesome in fact

i love the concept of its fitment... thats just what we were supposed to get with the sema kit and its what we would get if we had a kit from Acura.

very clean... very oem.

HOT HOT HOT
Old 05-14-2003, 12:57 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

wow, this looks really good!
Old 05-14-2003, 01:10 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

it looks like real rubber... see the rear one (pic) can't hold its shape... scary!
Old 05-14-2003, 01:12 PM
Team Owner

I must admit the kit looks pretty good, but I’d be plowing too much SNOW with that front end in the wintertime.

Shawn S
Old 05-14-2003, 02:09 PM
?!?

they are add ons and they are floppy (thats my arm holding it) it just bolts on like the oem tl kit and its meant to look like its simply an addition
Old 05-14-2003, 02:18 PM
Burning Brakes

So who is defenitly in on this, lets start a list!!
Old 05-14-2003, 04:32 PM
Racer

I'm in.
Old 05-14-2003, 04:53 PM
Drifting

start a post in black market that way this thread doesn't get any longer than it needs to be
Old 05-14-2003, 04:58 PM
Cruisin'

*NOTICE* The group buy will end on Friday May 30, 2003. A confirmation of payment in full and the ordered made must be made by that day. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
Old 05-14-2003, 05:36 PM
1st Gear

I actually just saw this exact car at Century Club in La about two weeks ago... very nice kit!

Quick Reply: FOUND A POLY-URET. KIT FOR THE 01-03 CL!!!!!! (pics inside!!!!)