First Wash

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2001, 11:25 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Wash

Need some advice here guys...My lovely Silver CL-S has gotten much dirtier than expected so i need to wash it asap.
I do not have access to a hose so I would have to go to a self serve...
Soap Recommendations? I was thinking about washing it just with soap and water for now and like a shammy mit or something...until my Zaino comes in.
I am assuming a car wash is not an option due to the sticking out rims...which REALLY sucks...are there ANY car washed in NJ that will be gentle and NOT scratch the rims?
Old 12-17-2001, 12:09 PM

Re: First Wash

Originally posted by DaveBlkCL-S
Need some advice here guys...My lovely Silver CL-S has gotten much dirtier than expected so i need to wash it asap.
I do not have access to a hose so I would have to go to a self serve...
Soap Recommendations? I was thinking about washing it just with soap and water for now and like a shammy mit or something...until my Zaino comes in.
I am assuming a car wash is not an option due to the sticking out rims...which REALLY sucks...are there ANY car washed in NJ that will be gentle and NOT scratch the rims?
theres a car wash place which they hand wash your car, its by edgewater. I've never actually tried it but the sign saids hand wash and I see people with buckets washing cars. If you live in NJ, then why do you need a car wash? I live in NJ and the past few weeks it rained a few times, just take ur car out on the highway and do like 70 while its raining and it'll be clean afterwards. I had my car for about 5 weeks and never washed except from the rain. And I got a black one.
Old 12-17-2001, 12:39 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
This is what I do...

I have a sheepskin mit, a chamois (sp?), a bucket and a squeegie. Just use a lot of water, in a garage ideally. Dry with the chamois. NO soap... I've never used soap, never found a need to. If the garage doesn't have a floor drain, that's where the squeegie comes in, to get rid of the excess water on the floor.

This is how I kept my '91 Accord EX looking new for the past ten years... Just sold it on Saturday. I'm going to miss that car.
Old 12-17-2001, 01:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

I washed & zaino'd my CL-S the 2nd day I got it. However, a hand wash place will do the job. You can also use any car soap you can find. Untill you zaino the car, you'll be fine. You will use the dawn method anyway the first time to get rid of any wax buildup.